Welcome to Ask Cherek

There is where you can ask Cherek anything that's on your mind.

Moderators: BitMask, Havok

Shardin5

Post#196 » Fri Sep 15, 2006 12:10 am

I haven't seen Ol Man Static in a game for a while. :rip:
Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference.
The US Marines don't have that problem.
President Ronald Reagan

Havok
Site Admin

Post#197 » Fri Sep 15, 2006 12:17 am

Enemy#1 wrote:I haven't seen Ol Man Static in a game for a while. :rip:
Funny you say that. When I updated the Emoticon's recently I added a custom one just for him. :static:
Regards,
][avok

Junior

Post#198 » Fri Sep 15, 2006 5:45 pm

Well, being new to the site I do have a Question for Cherek.

Where did IRJTN come from? Just curious, is all.
"In distinguishing the advantages of the tools of warriors, we find that whatever the weapon, there is a time and situation in which it is appropriate."
- Miyamoto Musashi, The Book of Five Rings

Shardin5

Post#199 » Fri Sep 15, 2006 5:49 pm

HEY ED,
YOU need to respond to this post. :static:
Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference.
The US Marines don't have that problem.
President Ronald Reagan

Cherek

Post#200 » Fri Sep 15, 2006 10:38 pm

Imperial Royal Japanese Texas Navy
The line below is true.
The line above is false.

Cherek

Junior

Post#201 » Sat Sep 16, 2006 11:00 pm

Um, I had figured out what the acronym stood for... :D
Is there a HISTORY behind the designation? Some sort of "secret society" that is going to take the world over? (GULP!) :shock:
"In distinguishing the advantages of the tools of warriors, we find that whatever the weapon, there is a time and situation in which it is appropriate."
- Miyamoto Musashi, The Book of Five Rings

Lord Admiral Static IRJTN

Post#202 » Sun Sep 17, 2006 9:39 am

Junior wrote:Um, I had figured out what the acronym stood for... :D
Is there a HISTORY behind the designation? Some sort of "secret society" that is going to take the world over? (GULP!) :shock:
I believe that line belongs to "Brain". And the last thing we want is for Brain to say to Pinky:

"Lets do something different tomorrow. :idea: Lets try to take over the IRJTN" :-k
Lord Admiral Static :static:
Emperor of the Echo Cluster
El Presidente'

Cherek

Post#203 » Sun Sep 17, 2006 9:28 pm

Junior wrote:Um, I had figured out what the acronym stood for... :D
Sorry it took so long to get back to you, but I couldn't remember what forum you asked your question. Now for your answer.

The Imperial Royal Japanese Texas Navy…. It is a classy sounding
name is it not?

Texas Navy:
Being a "Native Texan", and a Commissioned Admiral in the Texas Navy, (Texas Navy, there is no such thing. Why yes there is, and it is officially recognized by the State of Texas and the United States of America), I felt this would be a great place to start some good ole fashioned fun. We know there is good and evil out there in space. Well now there is the Texas Navy.

Japanese:
A lot of people love to name their ships. It seems there are several people who like to use the names of the WWII fleets. We are no different. But instead of using U.S. or British ship names, we prefer to be different. In a fleet of our own you may say.

Imperial and Royal:
These names come directly from the organization of the Japanese WWII fleets. Imperial was the actual term that identifies the Japanese Navy. Royal comes from the British Royal Navy. From my research, which may be flawed, some Japanese Naval Vessels were designed and built by England prior to WWII. British Admiralty also trained Japanese crews, bringing a strong tie between the Royal and Imperial Navies.

Thus we have the Beginnings of the Imperial Royal Japanese Texas Navy.

We have noticed over the years, many times the trouble and misfortunes of others throughout the echo cluster. On June 11th 2003, the IRJTN was the sponsor of the infamous Anti Mine Treaty of 2003 in an attempt to ban the use of mines within the echo cluster. I, myself was nominated by a quorum of respected leaders to broker this peace initiative. Ultimately this peace never came to the echo cluster, due to fear of the IRJTN.

We have several members within our organization. Some are still undercover on covert operations. Some of us go boldly where Dnorval (now known as Enemy#1) is afraid to tread. Others attempt to make light of our organization.
The line below is true.
The line above is false.

Cherek

Cardno

Post#204 » Sun Sep 17, 2006 10:09 pm

That's the long story. The truth is much simpler

I Idiot
R Rebel
J Just
T Talking
N Nonsense

:P :P :P

Lord Admiral Static IRJTN

Post#205 » Sun Sep 17, 2006 10:32 pm

Cardno wrote:That's the long story. The truth is much simpler

I Idiot
R Rebel
J Just
T Talking
N Nonsense

And to think, you went to school to come up with that.... That one doesn't even make it into the top 10..
Lord Admiral Static :static:
Emperor of the Echo Cluster
El Presidente'

Cardno

Post#206 » Sun Sep 17, 2006 10:59 pm

Lord Admiral Static IRJTN wrote:
Cardno wrote:That's the long story. The truth is much simpler

I Idiot
R Rebel
J Just
T Talking
N Nonsense

And to think, you went to school to come up with that.... That one doesn't even make it into the top 10..

School!

Yeah you can say that again...

B.Hort Sci
Dip. Dir Marketing
Dip. Bus Admin (Ops)
MBA

Too much FREAKING SCHOOL!!

I was just trying to be polite... I have other 'versions' up my sleeve. However, VGA Newsletter protocols as specified by ye old and ancient VGAP member (read DF) prohibit further disclosure of acronyms...

I'm still unsure why a previous post got scrubbed so having to play it safe so as not to piss off VGA God (read ][avok)

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

:twisted:

Olyrin

Post#207 » Mon Sep 18, 2006 1:14 am

The CSC is ready to sign on to the Anti-Mine treaty for No Frills VII if you can talk Adama into signing on. :sly:
It is not the critic who counts...
The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena...

Cardno

Post#208 » Mon Sep 18, 2006 3:43 am

Olyrin wrote:The CSC is ready to sign on to the Anti-Mine treaty for No Frills VII if you can talk Adama into signing on. :sly:

Don't take Cherek's Mines away from him in No Frills VII - that's all he's almost got left to his name!

Catman

mines not laying right

Post#209 » Tue Sep 26, 2006 12:13 am

I have a problem with mines showing up on the wrong side of the starmap after being laid (heh, sounds funny)

I have a base at the top edge of the map (1545,2984) and a planet at the bottom edge (1519,1018). Both are on the very edge. Twice I have layed minefields over the southernmost planet (1519,1018) and even 33 LY north of it. However, both times the minefields have shown up over the northenmost planet (1545,2984). What gives?

This really sucks because the mines are meant to be protection from the Privateers. He could be robbing me blind and I can't do anything about it.

Any light you can shed on this?

Catman

Cherek

Re: mines not laying right

Post#210 » Fri Sep 29, 2006 10:43 am

Catman wrote:I have a problem with mines showing up on the wrong side of the starmap after being laid (heh, sounds funny)

I have a base at the top edge of the map (1545,2984) and a planet at the bottom edge (1519,1018). Both are on the very edge. Twice I have layed minefields over the southernmost planet (1519,1018) and even 33 LY north of it. However, both times the minefields have shown up over the northenmost planet (1545,2984). What gives?

This really sucks because the mines are meant to be protection from the Privateers. He could be robbing me blind and I can't do anything about it.

Any light you can shed on this?

Catman
I've done some research and I can't find any mention of this type of problem. Questions that pop into my mind is 1. Are you using the right xyplan.dat for the game?, 2. Are you sure the ship that laid the mine field was at the right planet?
The line below is true.
The line above is false.

Cherek

Return to “Ask Cherek”