Welcome to Ask Cherek

There is where you can ask Cherek anything that's on your mind.

Moderators: BitMask, Havok

Catman

Post#211 » Fri Sep 29, 2006 3:29 pm

The map data is correct and as I mentioned it happened a few times.
My next question would then be...is it possible for this to be manipulated by a game host? i.e. cheating

Catman

Cherek

Post#212 » Fri Sep 29, 2006 3:38 pm

Catman wrote:The map data is correct and as I mentioned it happened a few times.
My next question would then be...is it possible for this to be manipulated by a game host? i.e. cheating

Catman
Nope. The only way something like that can happen, that I'm aware of is if someone other than yourself was doing your turn. They would have to be allied with you in order to do your turn, If anyone else tried to do your turn, Autotroll would reject it, even from the host. If by some chance, it gets past AutoTroll, then the Mighty Tim would step in and ignore their turn for you and attack them if the player was in the same game.
The line below is true.
The line above is false.

Cherek

Shardin5

Re: mines not laying right

Post#213 » Fri Sep 29, 2006 7:34 pm

Catman wrote:I have a problem with mines showing up on the wrong side of the starmap after being laid (heh, sounds funny)

I have a base at the top edge of the map (1545,2984) and a planet at the bottom edge (1519,1018). Both are on the very edge. Twice I have layed minefields over the southernmost planet (1519,1018) and even 33 LY north of it. However, both times the minefields have shown up over the northenmost planet (1545,2984). What gives?

This really sucks because the mines are meant to be protection from the Privateers. He could be robbing me blind and I can't do anything about it.

Any light you can shed on this?

Catman
What is the x,y of the ship laying the Mines? Is it right over the planet? you said 33lyrs North, so I am wondering what is the x,y of the mine laying ship.
Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference.
The US Marines don't have that problem.
President Ronald Reagan

Catman

Post#214 » Fri Sep 29, 2006 7:48 pm

The first attempt the ship was over the planet/base (1519,1018). I tried the second attempt about 33 LY north of the same planet in deep space just in case it was some fluke. Neither worked. The second minefield only added to the previous minefield which showed over my base in the north (1545,2984).

Junior

Post#215 » Wed Oct 04, 2006 6:11 pm

I have a question for all of you players from way back (Cherek?)...

Anyone know what happened to some of the big names? Sharkman? Halfling? (last I heard he was in a construction accident many years back) Richard McAteer? Or did they just stop playing and disappear?
"In distinguishing the advantages of the tools of warriors, we find that whatever the weapon, there is a time and situation in which it is appropriate."
- Miyamoto Musashi, The Book of Five Rings

B A N E

Post#216 » Wed Oct 04, 2006 6:38 pm

The group I regularly played/chatted/strategized/IRC'd with:

Alex Ivlev ?
Black Troll ?
Red Troll ?
Wyvern ...new game "EVE online"
Blackbeard ?
Siberian Snake ?
Conrad Lesnewski ?
lots of others...

Only one from the old Sharenet regulars that I knew has shown up here.

Real Life I suspect is what intervened; mine did.
I was constant till 2000, then I fell off the planet till the end of last year.
Understanding is a three-edged sword.
Your side,
their side,
and the truth.

Havok
Site Admin

Post#217 » Wed Oct 04, 2006 6:50 pm

B A N E wrote:The group I regularly played/chatted/strategized/IRC'd with:

Alex Ivlev ?
Black Troll ?
Red Troll ?
Wyvern ...new game "EVE online"
Blackbeard ?
Siberian Snake ?
Conrad Lesnewski ?
lots of others...

Only one from the old Sharenet regulars that I knew has shown up here.

Real Life I suspect is what intervened; mine did.
I was constant till 2000, then I fell off the planet till the end of last year.
Red Troll is around. I talk to him every now and then.

BANE is here every single day. I'm going to give him an attendence award :)

I found Desert-Fox wandering around out in the wasteland and brought him back to the Oasis. He's in good shape and playing again.

][avok is back on the scene after a 3 year break. He's been running a little website called Circus-Maximus.com for the last 18-20 months. His ego is still as large as ever and no one from the past remember's him at all. Poor guy, he's a legend in his own mind.

Seriously Junior, if you want to find out about some of the older mover's and shakers of VGAP, check out the Developer Profiles section on the site. I've tracked down and interviewed quite a few people since launching the site.
Last edited by Havok on Thu Oct 05, 2006 1:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Regards,
][avok

Cardno

Post#218 » Wed Oct 04, 2006 7:29 pm

im looking forward to the time in maybe 5 - 10 years, a similar post on this site is made about me.

'hey do you remember that Cardno buggar, thank goodness we never see him here anymore...., hope he got hit by a bus....' :lol: :lol: :lol:

Cherek

Post#219 » Wed Oct 04, 2006 9:51 pm

Cardno wrote:'hey do you remember that Cardno buggar, thank goodness we never see him here anymore...., hope he got hit by a bus....' :lol: :lol: :lol:
Or they might say "Card what? Was his name Cardinal maybe?" If I'm remembered, it will be as "Whats his name."
The line below is true.
The line above is false.

Cherek

Cardno

Post#220 » Thu Oct 05, 2006 1:04 am

Commodore Cherek, IRJTN wrote:
Cardno wrote:'hey do you remember that Cardno buggar, thank goodness we never see him here anymore...., hope he got hit by a bus....' :lol: :lol: :lol:
Or they might say "Card what? Was his name Cardinal maybe?" If I'm remembered, it will be as "Whats his name."
I plan to be around for a while now. I'm sure real life will become sticky at some point (no comments please :shock: ), but i reckon i will keep to at least one game. I would rather play vga than watch the crap on tv.

Cherek

Post#221 » Thu Oct 05, 2006 6:26 am

Cardno wrote:
I plan to be around for a while now. I'm sure real life will become sticky at some point (no comments please :shock: ), but i reckon i will keep to at least one game. I would rather play vga than watch the crap on tv.
I watch some TV (Thank goodness for DVR's), forget about hearing from me on Fridays.
The line below is true.
The line above is false.

Cherek

Havok
Site Admin

Post#222 » Thu Oct 05, 2006 7:20 am

Cardno wrote:
Commodore Cherek, IRJTN wrote: Or they might say "Card what? Was his name Cardinal maybe?" If I'm remembered, it will be as "Whats his name."
I watch some TV (Thank goodness for DVR's), forget about hearing from me on Fridays.
Picking my DVR up today :) Gonna have me some Galactica on Friday night!
Regards,
][avok

warpedboard

Post#223 » Thu Oct 05, 2006 10:59 am

Havok wrote:Picking my DVR up today :) Gonna have me some Galactica on Friday night!
Why, oh why, capricious Gods of Television, have you moved me to an area where watching BSG would cost me roughly 1/3 of my appendages?!?!?!!!!! :bawl:

Shardin5

Post#224 » Thu Oct 05, 2006 11:50 am

warpedboard wrote:
Havok wrote:Picking my DVR up today :) Gonna have me some Galactica on Friday night!
Why, oh why, capricious Gods of Television, have you moved me to an area where watching BSG would cost me roughly 1/3 of my appendages?!?!?!!!!! :bawl:
You don't have to have a DVR, to watch BSG, it just makes it easy for the working slobs of the world. I can't wait for the season to begin, but after watching BSG being replayed in HD on UNIHD, I want the Sci-Fi channel to step up and broadcast in HD, because it looks 1000 times better in HD.
Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference.
The US Marines don't have that problem.
President Ronald Reagan

warpedboard

Post#225 » Thu Oct 05, 2006 12:08 pm

Enemy#1 wrote:
warpedboard wrote:
You don't have to have a DVR, to watch BSG, it just makes it easy for the working slobs of the world. I can't wait for the season to begin, but after watching BSG being replayed in HD on UNIHD, I want the Sci-Fi channel to step up and broadcast in HD, because it looks 1000 times better in HD.
It's not so much (okay, not at all!) the DVR... it's the #*!#)@ cable company's cost for any package that includes SpaceTV (the Canadian equivalent of SciFi, it appears). Us workin' slobs gotta feed the kiddos, too... ("But Daddy, I'm hunggggrrrryyyyyyy...." - "Quiet honey, daddy's watching his robots now!")
I'll stop the :-({|= now though... I'll just pretend my BSG DVDs are "live"! Hooray for denial! :)

Return to “Ask Cherek”