Oh Wise One

There is where you can ask Cherek anything that's on your mind.

Moderators: BitMask, Havok

Six_Of_One

Oh Wise One

Post#1 » Mon Dec 11, 2006 4:51 am

Can the Facist D19 and Sabers pop or trg without fuel ??

Problem, while towing D19 with a mass of 103 (they didnt fight my cubes and i had primary enemy set and mission kill) i suffered damage as they exploded.

Cant have been any cloaked ships feeding them fuel as i was towing thru overlapping minefields.

Thanx for your assistance.

Six

ps Merry Xmas and a Happy New Year to you and yours
"Just because you can do a thing,
Doesn't mean you should."

Paarthurnax the Dragon
Elder Scrolls-Skyrim

Mika

Post#2 » Mon Dec 11, 2006 6:25 am

Of course they can

only the missions (not the beam up/gather missions) need fuel.

So if you set your popper to "pop" it will explode no matter what happens. If you set the ship to "trg" and to mission "kill" to avoid ANY cloakers you need fuel since the mission "kill" requires at least 1kt fuel. If you just want to kill pesty privs and set the ship to "trg" and the primary enemy to "privateers" you don't need fuel and the ship will still explode when a cloaker owned by the privateers arrives.

As usual looking for the answer here
http://www.xs4all.nl/~donovan/help/index.htm
would help.

No offense... you will always get an answer. But wouldn't it have been nice to know that _before_ your ships take damage? At least I do it that way... in a situation in which I am not sure I just look at donovans helppages and 99% sure I have the result I expected next turn. :)

btw... that's why it is so funny for Klingons to kill privs. Just tow a ship without fuel, trg and pe priv and you will only lose it to a cloaked ship. No robbing... everything else will fight and lose of course.

Mika
Oderint dum metuant.
---------------------------------------------
Bella gerant alii, tu, felix Austria, nube!

Six_Of_One

Post#3 » Tue Dec 12, 2006 3:13 am

Thanx,
I confess that i used Donovans for tactics mainly in the past.
Now i will simply put 1kt of fuel on them and watch them explode harmlessly alongside my cubes, rather than tow them to bases where lesser ships may be lost.

Always learning
"Just because you can do a thing,
Doesn't mean you should."

Paarthurnax the Dragon
Elder Scrolls-Skyrim

Cardno

Post#4 » Wed Jan 10, 2007 3:10 am

OMG has the REAL Cherek died??? if not - WHY WHY has this forum dried up? Is the CURRENT Cherek commenting on some of the other forums IN FACT an IMPOSTER!!!!

Cherek

Post#5 » Wed Jan 10, 2007 6:48 am

Ya'll can't get that lucky. No one has asked any questions, so I've been answering questions from world leaders like, "How can I stop the killing in my country?", "How can I feed all my people?", "How can we stop global warming?", etc etc ...
The line below is true.
The line above is false.

Cherek

hennef

Post#6 » Wed Jan 10, 2007 12:04 pm

Commodore Cherek, IRJTN wrote:Ya'll can't get that lucky. No one has asked any questions, so I've been answering questions from world leaders like, "How can I stop the killing in my country?", "How can I feed all my people?", "How can we stop global warming?", etc etc ...
well, either your answers have gone unheard, or they were a big load of cowdirt, because i have not seen much problem solving in this area lately.
have fun!

hennef

Cherek

Post#7 » Wed Jan 10, 2007 12:45 pm

hennef wrote:
Commodore Cherek, IRJTN wrote:Ya'll can't get that lucky. No one has asked any questions, so I've been answering questions from world leaders like, "How can I stop the killing in my country?", "How can I feed all my people?", "How can we stop global warming?", etc etc ...
well, either your answers have gone unheard, or they were a big load of cowdirt, because i have not seen much problem solving in this area lately.
The world is like it is here, I can or someone else can give you the answers, what you do with it is entirely up you. :)
The line below is true.
The line above is false.

Cherek

Cardno

Post#8 » Thu Jan 11, 2007 4:35 am

Commodore Cherek, IRJTN wrote:
hennef wrote:
The world is like it is here, I can or someone else can give you the answers, what you do with it is entirely up you. :)
Cherek, is there any truth to the theory that Australia will cede it's soverignty to New Zealand some time in the next 5 years.

Cherek

Post#9 » Thu Jan 11, 2007 6:42 am

Cardno wrote:Cherek, is there any truth to the theory that Australia will cede it's soverignty to New Zealand some time in the next 5 years.
Tasmania got it, why shouldn't you?
The line below is true.
The line above is false.

Cherek

Cardno

Post#10 » Thu Jan 11, 2007 7:08 am

Cardno wrote:Cherek, is there any truth to the theory that Australia will cede it's soverignty to New Zealand some time in the next 5 years.
I went to Tasmania last year. It was a very quaint place - the people were even quainter...

Cherek

Post#11 » Thu Jan 11, 2007 7:14 am

Cardno wrote:
I went to Tasmania last year. It was a very quaint place - the people were even quainter...
But the real question is Won't you still part of the British Commonwealth?
The line below is true.
The line above is false.

Cherek

Cardno

Post#12 » Thu Jan 11, 2007 7:35 am

Cardno wrote:
Commodore Cherek, IRJTN wrote: Tasmania got it, why shouldn't you?
But the real question is Won't you still part of the British Commonwealth?
We only remain a part of the British Commonwealth because we can source old Benny Hill Programmes cheaply..

Cherek

Post#13 » Thu Jan 11, 2007 8:39 am

Cardno wrote:We only remain a part of the British Commonwealth because we can source old Benny Hill Programmes cheaply..
Good reason. :D
The line below is true.
The line above is false.

Cherek

Cherek

Post#14 » Thu Jan 11, 2007 8:46 am

BTW Cardno, I've recently discovered someone with a good voice from NZ, Hayley Westenra.
The line below is true.
The line above is false.

Cherek

Cardno

Post#15 » Sat Jan 13, 2007 1:38 am

Commodore Cherek, IRJTN wrote:BTW Cardno, I've recently discovered someone with a good voice from NZ, Hayley Westenra.
She certainly has a lovely voice - pretty girl also.

Return to “Ask Cherek”