Are towed ships able to jettison cargo?

There is where you can ask Cherek anything that's on your mind.

Moderators: BitMask, Havok

PaladinCyborg

Are towed ships able to jettison cargo?

Post#1 » Sun Jul 01, 2007 7:24 pm

Situation: I towed a fuel-less Rebel Rush to a star base. This took several turns because I wanted to go to a secure base - a base I was confident had no enemy cloaked vessels in orbit.

To my astonishment, I found 330 fighters on board after the Rush was forced to surrender. Is this because my enemy was negligent, didn't understand what the "J" botton does, or is it impossible to jettison cargo from a towed ship.

I wish to know the answer before I begin a new round of taunts against my dear adversary.
Duis digrissim ipsum in rana unicornis!

Cherek

Post#2 » Sun Jul 01, 2007 7:41 pm

A ship can not jettison cargo when it is out of fuel.

Was the Rush robbed of all of it fuel or was it running low on fuel and hit a WEB mine which drained all of its fuel?

If none of those apply, you have your answer.
The line below is true.
The line above is false.

Cherek

Vertigo

Post#3 » Sun Jul 01, 2007 7:46 pm

Yup, need feul to add to the space trash :trash:
Does this look infected to you?

Shardin5

Post#4 » Sun Jul 01, 2007 8:59 pm

If they are using DOSPLAN, they are unable to Jettison fighters. Remember ol Man Static always complaining about the Winplan cheat that allowed ships to Jettison Fighters.
Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference.
The US Marines don't have that problem.
President Ronald Reagan

Cherek

Post#5 » Sun Jul 01, 2007 9:06 pm

DOSPlan, what's DOSPLan?

You're right about it though. I guess there are reasons to upgrade from time to time. But you can jettison fighters if you are using VPA with DOSPlan, can't you (can't you tell I don't use VPA and DOSPlan)?
The line below is true.
The line above is false.

Cherek

PaladinCyborg

Post#6 » Mon Jul 02, 2007 6:24 am

The ship was definately out of fuel. It ran out trying to while trying to intercept a Federation ship in deep space. Since the Rush was unable to jettison fighters, then I don't have that basis to upbraid the Rebels. A pity. At least I have the fighters.

Cherek

Post#7 » Mon Jul 02, 2007 7:27 am

Hmmmm, it ran out of fuel while trying to intercept another ship. That must be a new kind of strategy. Maybe he was going to be nice to you and give you a present. :D
The line below is true.
The line above is false.

Cherek

PaladinCyborg

Post#8 » Fri Jul 20, 2007 4:35 pm

I think you are right about the ship being a gift. The Rebel has been very good to me. Since I don't deserve such kindness, I'm returning the ship to him now.

BTW, the enemy setting, "Rebel", seems to be stuck. That won't be a problem, will it? :wink:

Return to “Ask Cherek”