IRJTN

There is where you can ask Cherek anything that's on your mind.

Moderators: BitMask, Havok

Cherek

IRJTN

Post#1 » Mon Oct 01, 2007 7:39 pm

The IRJTN is so great we have our own universe,

http://vgaplanets.cyber-stand.net/maps/maps.htm
The line below is true.
The line above is false.

Cherek

Havok
Site Admin

Re: IRJTN

Post#2 » Mon Oct 01, 2007 8:41 pm

Commodore Cherek, IRJTN wrote:The IRJTN is so great we have our own universe,

http://vgaplanets.cyber-stand.net/maps/maps.htm
Yeah that's the F**K NUT 'White Dragon' that lifted my entire site's graphics, code, race pages and all last spring. The code is copied verbatim from my pages and pasted into his own little shitty template. He's such a pussy he wouldn't answer my emails when I wrote him. Can you tell I'm a little bit PO'd?

The majority of the VGAP stuff is out there in the public domain, and I dont' really care about copied text to much. What pisses me off is the loser was so lazy that he put the majority of the content up without even bothing to change it. At first, he even tried linking all the data back to my server. That's how I discovered him.

Regarding the map. Merlyn made and named that map during a game over at his place we were all in about 2 years ago. It's been here since then.

http://www.circus-maximus.com/dl-maps.htm

If you feel like letting the loser know what a POS he is, you can contact him via the information below.

Potter, John whitedragon@cyber-stand.net
1400 North Weber Ave
Sioux Falls, SD 57103
US
605-261-6420
Last edited by Havok on Mon Oct 01, 2007 11:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Regards,
][avok

B A N E

Post#3 » Mon Oct 01, 2007 10:01 pm

Don't hold your feelings in Havok.
Tell us how you really feel.
:lol:
Understanding is a three-edged sword.
Your side,
their side,
and the truth.

Six_Of_One

Post#4 » Tue Oct 02, 2007 3:20 am

The IRJTN map, would be the one called Vomit1 yes :wink:
"Just because you can do a thing,
Doesn't mean you should."

Paarthurnax the Dragon
Elder Scrolls-Skyrim

Cherek

Post#5 » Tue Oct 02, 2007 5:34 am

I don't know about the map. I was bored at work yesterday, so I did a search of the IRJTN and I found it. I just found it interesting since none of the IRJTN had played there that I know of.
The line below is true.
The line above is false.

Cherek

Havok
Site Admin

Post#6 » Tue Oct 02, 2007 6:50 am

The map is from a game of the same name you, E#1 (as Shardin), myself, Static, etc played over at Merlyn's a couple (maybe a few) years ago.

Sorry about my rant last night. That guy pluck's a nerve w/ me. I even went back and edited my message later...

I guess immitation is the sincerest form of flattery... and the utter lack of skill or talent. :twisted:
Regards,
][avok

Cherek

Post#7 » Tue Oct 02, 2007 7:52 am

Havok wrote:The map is from a game of the same name you, E#1 (as Shardin), myself, Static, etc played over at Merlyn's a couple (maybe a few) years ago.
I didn't realize that was the map name.
Havok wrote:Sorry about my rant last night. That guy pluck's a nerve w/ me. I even went back and edited my message later...
You know me well enough to know that it don't bother me or for the most part majority of people here. Why edit it?
Havok wrote:I guess immitation is the sincerest form of flattery... and the utter lack of skill or talent. :twisted:
Correct on ALL accounts.
The line below is true.
The line above is false.

Cherek

Six_Of_One

Post#8 » Wed Oct 03, 2007 6:45 am

Dont bottle it up Havok, its bad for the system..... everyone needs to have a rant from time to time :wink:
"Just because you can do a thing,
Doesn't mean you should."

Paarthurnax the Dragon
Elder Scrolls-Skyrim

PaladinCyborg

Post#9 » Wed Oct 03, 2007 11:28 am

Theft of intellectual property is one of my peeves also. I've had customers who signed secrecy agreements patent technology they were shown on pilot plant tours. Stupid salespersons, from my own company, have tried to ingratiate themsevles by blabbing trade secrets to other companies. The whole thing has been very irritating.

A few years back, my son's had acquired copyright infringement software from Napster (with bonus spyware and trojan viruses!). The euphemism used by the greasy frackin' fragments of fecal matter at Napster was "file sharing". My son's tried to excuse themselves, saying, "but Dad, everyone is doing it!". I temporarily put a stop to it by disconnecting them from the router - removing the entire cable to each of their rooms.

I did say temproarily. It wasn't until the "night of the screaming fit" they really understood their old man. :upset:

For freeware, recognition of someone else's work is not too much to ask.
Duis digrissim ipsum in rana unicornis!

Havok
Site Admin

Post#10 » Wed Oct 03, 2007 1:59 pm

Yeah I see a lot of copyright infringements at work. The RIAA are a bunch of Nazi's. They go waaaaaaaaaaay overboard.

On the flip side you had the correct choice of words. Intellectual Property. But would it be worth it for me to retain a lawyer and send some sort of Cease and Desist. I doubt it.

So I post his info and say "Feel free to enter his email address to any spam list you know of".

Best,
][
Regards,
][avok

Cherek

Post#11 » Wed Oct 03, 2007 3:11 pm

Look on the bright side, he has about 6 players, his site hasn't been updated since Nov 2006. I think it is safe to say that even by coping your site, he isn't doing nearly as good as you are. :lol: :lol: :lol:
The line below is true.
The line above is false.

Cherek

Havok
Site Admin

Post#12 » Wed Oct 03, 2007 3:14 pm

Agreed.
Regards,
][avok

hennef

Post#13 » Wed Oct 03, 2007 5:28 pm

Commodore Cherek, IRJTN wrote:Look on the bright side, he has about 6 players, his site hasn't been updated since Nov 2006. I think it is safe to say that even by coping your site, he isn't doing nearly as good as you are. :lol: :lol: :lol:
true. his site sucks!

this site RAWXX!!!
have fun!

hennef

Return to “Ask Cherek”