Finding Timo........... (Kreike)

There is where you can ask Cherek anything that's on your mind.

Moderators: BitMask, Havok

User avatar
Havok
Site Admin
Posts: 7557
Contact:

Post#16 » Tue Jun 03, 2008 8:42 am

I haven't heard of any work on VPA in over a year. Is Stefan still working on it, or PCC2?
Regards,
][avok

User avatar
B A N E
Posts: 3777

Post#17 » Tue Jun 03, 2008 8:46 am

That's my problem with dosplan, winplan & pcc.
I've been using VPA for so long that going back
to a planets type interface just frustrates me.

I have not checked on PCC2's status of late.
http://www.phost.de/~stefan/pcc2.html
Understanding is a three-edged sword.
Your side,
their side,
and the truth.

User avatar
Havok
Site Admin
Posts: 7557
Contact:

Post#18 » Tue Jun 03, 2008 9:05 am

B A N E wrote:That's my problem with dosplan, winplan & pcc.
I've been using VPA for so long that going back
to a planets type interface just frustrates me.

I have not checked on PCC2's status of late.
http://www.phost.de/~stefan/pcc2.html
I use PCC to make my turns. VPA to unpack and play...
Regards,
][avok

User avatar
BitMask
Site Admin
Posts: 2318
Contact:

Post#19 » Tue Jun 03, 2008 9:27 am

Interesting Combo. What is wrong with VPA that you don't Maketurn with it?

User avatar
Havok
Site Admin
Posts: 7557
Contact:

Post#20 » Tue Jun 03, 2008 9:35 am

I've had Maketurn and VPA both choke on building turns before and having them rejected from hosts. So while talking to I think it was Adama (it may have been Mojo) a couple of years ago he it was suggested I give that a try, that it worked for that person. So I did and haven't had a problem since.
Regards,
][avok

User avatar
BitMask
Site Admin
Posts: 2318
Contact:

Post#21 » Tue Jun 03, 2008 9:58 am

Then I'm lucky JVC has no maketurn issue that I have found.

The most serious issue that I have found no work around for (yet) is that you can only play 1 race. You can't play a turn for your ally or the app freezes. :shock:

User avatar
Havok
Site Admin
Posts: 7557
Contact:

Post#22 » Tue Jun 03, 2008 10:04 am

BitMask wrote:Then I'm lucky JVC has no maketurn issue that I have found.

The most serious issue that I have found no work around for (yet) is that you can only play 1 race. You can't play a turn for your ally or the app freezes. :shock:
Was JVC ever finalized or is it still beta software?
Regards,
][avok

User avatar
BitMask
Site Admin
Posts: 2318
Contact:

Post#23 » Tue Jun 03, 2008 10:53 am

Last release was still beta.

User avatar
Havok
Site Admin
Posts: 7557
Contact:

Post#24 » Tue Jun 03, 2008 12:00 pm

I tried JVC a couple of years back and made the mistake of using it on a turn I had mostly finished in VPA.

When I went back into VPA after I was done reviewing JVC, all of my ships had to be redone because something in JVC pointed them all over the place.

Fortunately I caught that before making the TRN file.
Regards,
][avok

User avatar
Cherek
Posts: 5695
Contact:

Post#25 » Tue Jun 03, 2008 12:07 pm

Havok wrote:I tried JVC a couple of years back and made the mistake of using it on a turn I had mostly finished in VPA.

When I went back into VPA after I was done reviewing JVC, all of my ships had to be redone because something in JVC pointed them all over the place.

Fortunately I caught that before making the TRN file.
Yeah, that could have been bad for you. That is why the few times I've tried a new client, I try it at the start of a new game, few mistakes to correct and it gives me a whole game to try it out, not just a couple of turns.
The line below is true.
The line above is false.

Cherek

User avatar
Havok
Site Admin
Posts: 7557
Contact:

Post#26 » Tue Jun 03, 2008 12:29 pm

Yeap. It pays to follow-up. :)
Regards,
][avok

User avatar
hennef
Posts: 2250

Post#27 » Tue Jun 03, 2008 3:45 pm

BitMask wrote:Then I'm lucky JVC has no maketurn issue that I have found.

The most serious issue that I have found no work around for (yet) is that you can only play 1 race. You can't play a turn for your ally or the app freezes. :shock:
yes you can!

you have to first play one race, leaving the other at view-status, then play the other one switching the previous to view status beforehand. then make turn and send away...
have fun!

hennef

User avatar
BitMask
Site Admin
Posts: 2318
Contact:

Post#28 » Tue Jun 03, 2008 4:21 pm

Thanks hennef.
One day we should make a list of all the issues in JVC and see if we can get them sorted out.

User avatar
Havok
Site Admin
Posts: 7557
Contact:

Post#29 » Tue Jun 03, 2008 4:30 pm

BitMask wrote:Thanks hennef.
One day we should make a list of all the issues in JVC and see if we can get them sorted out.
Is he still updating it?
Regards,
][avok

User avatar
BitMask
Site Admin
Posts: 2318
Contact:

Post#30 » Tue Jun 03, 2008 4:38 pm

No, but I can. The code is GPL on sourceforge.

Just need to dust of some Java skills. :roll:

Return to “Ask Cherek”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron