WTF ??

There is where you can ask Cherek anything that's on your mind.

Moderators: BitMask, Havok

Six_Of_One

WTF ??

Post#1 » Sat Jun 07, 2008 6:18 am

Look at games Colossus and Daily Destruction7.

Player Douglas Jew is in both, is last in both, has NO planets, NO starships in both...... B U T...... he always gets his turns in on time

I gotta ask cos its bugging me....... WHY..... just WHY WOULD YOU BOTHER......

c'mon Cherek find out whats going on here, let me in on any secret Douglas has found....
"Just because you can do a thing,
Doesn't mean you should."

Paarthurnax the Dragon
Elder Scrolls-Skyrim

hennef

Post#2 » Sat Jun 07, 2008 7:49 am

i bet its one of those tricks where you need to get as much minus-score as possible until the minus drops because the system only allows a certain number of digits.... anyone ever played mad tv ;)
have fun!

hennef

Mika

Post#3 » Sat Jun 07, 2008 11:21 am

...also worked with "eishockey manager"
(A German icehockey manager game from the late 90ies made by Software 2000)

And yup, MAD TV was great.
Oderint dum metuant.
---------------------------------------------
Bella gerant alii, tu, felix Austria, nube!

the.Ant

Post#4 » Thu Jun 12, 2008 5:22 pm

There is even an online version of Mad TV with multiplayer support, but I did not have the time to look into it yet.

But to answer the original question, I don't know why a player would not improve if he plays so many games, but I highly, very highly appreciate him not to drop!

I've seen too many players dropping early because they have "lost" even though the game was far from being decided. Even if they don't have a chance to be under the first three, everyone should have at least the decency to continue playing or start some kind of kamikaze attack... it's sooo annoying to clean up the mess of cheater-Q, especially if you don't play a brute-force race.

Mika

Post#5 » Thu Jun 12, 2008 5:30 pm

the.Ant wrote:There is even an online version of Mad TV with multiplayer support, but I did not have the time to look into it yet.

But to answer the original question, I don't know why a player would not improve if he plays so many games, but I highly, very highly appreciate him not to drop!

I've seen too many players dropping early because they have "lost" even though the game was far from being decided. Even if they don't have a chance to be under the first three, everyone should have at least the decency to continue playing or start some kind of kamikaze attack... it's sooo annoying to clean up the mess of cheater-Q, especially if you don't play a brute-force race.
...or if you play the Privs and he can see your cloakers or you play the x-tals and he can see the webs in the same turn they are laid.

Not to mention that the Q generates fuel with every ship as it were a cobol.

btw... nice soccer results that we got today ;)
Oderint dum metuant.
---------------------------------------------
Bella gerant alii, tu, felix Austria, nube!

the.Ant

Post#6 » Thu Jun 12, 2008 6:25 pm

Mika wrote: ...or if you play the Privs and he can see your cloakers or you play the x-tals and he can see the webs in the same turn they are laid.
that's what I meant with non-brute-force race. Not only that the Q sees cloaked ships, they get towed as well...
Also, the Q changes the friendly code of planets whenever I try to beam up fuel with matching friendly codes. Only chance to get some fuel (if you can't or don't want to attack the planet) is to have at least two ships there, one which sets the friendly code and the second which beams up fuel. REALLY annoying if you have single scouts all over the map and suddenly a player drops and the Q takes over...
Is that so? I am one of those heretics who could not care less. I only realized that the tournament had started when I went shopping the other day and I was the only customer in the whole supermarket. Quite pleasant way to go shopping actually :)

But that's also due to the case that it's exam time, and planets is the only procrastination I allow myself, otherwise I might watch some games as well... although that would mean that I had to dress completely in orange...

hennef

Post#7 » Fri Jun 13, 2008 5:49 pm

Mika wrote:
the.Ant wrote:There is even an online version of Mad TV with multiplayer support, but I did not have the time to look into it yet.

...or if you play the Privs and he can see your cloakers or you play the x-tals and he can see the webs in the same turn they are laid.

Not to mention that the Q generates fuel with every ship as it were a cobol.

well played indeed - good support for our team actually :P

now we only have to wash the floor with your team and idle into presemifinals.... to be eaten alive by the portugesh :D
have fun!

hennef

the.Ant

Post#8 » Fri Jun 13, 2008 7:06 pm

why do I have to think of Cordoba now?

hennef

Post#9 » Fri Jun 13, 2008 8:05 pm

the.Ant wrote:why do I have to think of Cordoba now?

hahahahha, Corrrrdoba - you have to pronounce it corrrrrectly. :P
have fun!

hennef

Return to “Ask Cherek”