Standard-White-Bronze-Silver-Gold class

There is where you can ask Cherek anything that's on your mind.

Moderators: BitMask, Havok

FLETCH

Post#16 » Mon Jun 23, 2008 12:47 am

Or a Void Dweller....
FLETCH

667 The NEIGHBOUR of the BEAST!

hennef

Re: Player Class

Post#17 » Mon Jun 23, 2008 5:32 am

Havok wrote:Here's how the ranking class is assigned per the AutoTroll docs.

Player Class
By taking all the players and sorting them by their ACTIVE (not total) Ranking Points we can assign a player "class". The class is based on the their Active Ranking Points, so applies only to current games. A player class measures how well a player is doing compared to other players in current games. It is not biased by players who have just played in more games and have accumulated lots of points.
STANDARD
WHITE
BRONZE
SILVER
GOLD

The classes are assigned by percentage on a 90/80/70/60 split. A GOLD player is one in the top 10% of players playing.

Note: There is also a "commit level" setting on the player's tab. This was never used and is an open variable.
i am not getting it: in my current games i am first rank, third rank and third rank - that makes me standard? as everybody does so? what do i have to do to be gold? first first first first and first? or is this about absolute points compared to all other games currently running?
have fun!

hennef

hennef

Post#18 » Mon Jun 23, 2008 5:33 am

would be interesting to having data for the current ranking of each player in his games....
have fun!

hennef

Six_Of_One

Post#19 » Mon Jun 23, 2008 6:17 am

I think it refers to how much dribble you do in the forum of your game, which is why cherek will always be gold :P 8)
"Just because you can do a thing,
Doesn't mean you should."

Paarthurnax the Dragon
Elder Scrolls-Skyrim

Havok
Site Admin

Post#20 » Mon Jun 23, 2008 7:09 am

hennef wrote:

Player Class
By taking all the players and sorting them by their ACTIVE (not total) Ranking Points we can assign a player "class". The class is based on the their Active Ranking Points, so applies only to current games. A player class measures how well a player is doing compared to other players in current games. It is not biased by players who have just played in more games and have accumulated lots of points.
STANDARD
WHITE
BRONZE
SILVER
GOLD

The classes are assigned by percentage on a 90/80/70/60 split. A GOLD player is one in the top 10% of players playing.

Note: There is also a "commit level" setting on the player's tab. This was never used and is an open variable.
i am not getting it: in my current games i am first rank, third rank and third rank - that makes me standard? as everybody does so? what do i have to do to be gold? first first first first and first? or is this about absolute points compared to all other games currently running?
....and in the current games, how many turns have you missed since the start of them? I'm sure that's got something to do with it being Standard rather than Gold.
Regards,
][avok

hennef

Post#21 » Mon Jun 23, 2008 7:18 am

ok, i will jsut have to monitor this score to see if i get the connection ;)
have fun!

hennef

Cherek

Post#22 » Mon Jun 23, 2008 8:02 am

Six_Of_One wrote:I think it refers to how much dribble you do in the forum of your game, which is why cherek will always be gold :P 8)
Are you trying to say that I post a lot?
The line below is true.
The line above is false.

Cherek

hennef

Post#23 » Mon Jun 23, 2008 11:59 am

Commodore Cherek, IRJTN wrote:
Six_Of_One wrote:I think it refers to how much dribble you do in the forum of your game, which is why cherek will always be gold :P 8)
Are you trying to say that I post a lot?
nobody needs to try that. you would have to try saying the opposite. and you would have to try very hard :P
have fun!

hennef

Cherek

Post#24 » Mon Jun 23, 2008 12:03 pm

I hardly posted at all, last week. :D
The line below is true.
The line above is false.

Cherek

BitMask
Site Admin

Post#25 » Mon Jun 23, 2008 2:20 pm

I hardly posted at all, last week.
I did see that the forums were rather slow last week. Now we know why.
Last edited by BitMask on Mon Jun 23, 2008 2:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cardno

Post#26 » Mon Jun 23, 2008 2:37 pm

Havok wrote:
hennef wrote:

Player Class
STANDARD
WHITE
BRONZE
SILVER
GOLD

....and in the current games, how many turns have you missed since the start of them? I'm sure that's got something to do with it being Standard rather than Gold.
I'm coming first and second in my two games and haven't missed a turn in either of them, so i'm a bit mystified as well...

Cherek

Post#27 » Mon Jun 23, 2008 2:55 pm

Cardno wrote:... so i'm a bit mystified as well...
There is no surprise here.
The line below is true.
The line above is false.

Cherek

lord vinny

Post#28 » Mon Jun 23, 2008 8:16 pm

i dont think its working like it should be...

i was in 1st and 3rd place in my two games for awhile and i was standard...no trns missed either...and it didnt change when i added another game...

and there are alot of players with silver and gold status that arnt even in games...some are space cadets that havnt played a game yet(i dont think)
yuck!...Who's got the cat breath?

Cardno

Post#29 » Mon Jun 23, 2008 8:55 pm

The only surprise is that you made a post without ANY spelling errors!

Well done! A chocholate fish for cherek (you probably don't have chocholate fish in the states, but it's not my fault you are a backward country)

Gilgamesh

Post#30 » Mon Jun 23, 2008 9:06 pm

Cardno wrote:
The only surprise is that you made a post without ANY spelling errors!

Well done! A chocholate fish for cherek (you probably don't have chocholate fish in the states, but it's not my fault you are a backward country)
There are no chocholate fish in Canada either. In fact there is no chocholate. However, we do have an amusing little word in English that might intrigue you - CHOCOLATE.

Just kinda fun to see that after ripping Cherek on his spelling. :P
QI'DaS tuQ SoSlI'

Return to “Ask Cherek”