Flagship games

There is where you can ask Cherek anything that's on your mind.

Moderators: BitMask, Havok

Boomer

Flagship games

Post#1 » Tue Sep 02, 2008 9:01 am

What would happen to you if you colonized or recycled your flagship in such a game, what would the computer do in this scenario as no other race destroyed said ship. Could you exist without a flagship or would the computer award it to the nearest race etc.

Option for not allowing Flagship, empire, to fall into wrong hands or an option for suicide?

Havok
Site Admin

Post#2 » Tue Sep 02, 2008 9:14 am

While I have never seen it happen, I would guess that if you colonized your flagship, the mod would assume it's been destroyed and then take the appropriate action based on the scenario settings.
Regards,
][avok

Boomer

Post#3 » Tue Sep 02, 2008 9:19 am

Destroyed by whom, the mod would have to make a judgement call some deggree of AI involved

Shardin5

Post#4 » Tue Sep 02, 2008 10:36 am

Actually I did see this happen in a Game at Battlestar.
In that game, it was an all option, take over a Race and you recieved all.
But the Self Destruction, caused NO RACE to get anything, and the Race had to be kill raced instead. Alien was VERY UPSET, and so was TimRic.
Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference.
The US Marines don't have that problem.
President Ronald Reagan

Havok
Site Admin

Post#5 » Tue Sep 02, 2008 10:52 am

Again without ever seeing it happen, I would guess (depending no how Flagship has been setup) that the program would would do something to the race that colonizes it's ship based off the scenario settings.

Even if that ship wasn't destroyed by another player. Once it notices the races flagship is gone, it could either A) do nothing. B) delete half of the races empire. C) Delete the whole thing. Again, all based on the settings.

You can contact the author via his website:
http://www.midspace.com/vgap/midspace.html
Regards,
][avok

Boomer

Post#6 » Tue Sep 02, 2008 11:12 am

I'll let you know, regardless enemy alliance in Leaf on the Wind 3 will not get my flagship.

BitMask
Site Admin

Post#7 » Tue Sep 02, 2008 1:32 pm

From the doc that I have read I would think (with no certainty) that the mod will remove the race who's flagship was colonized. Because no enemy kill the ship, no transfer would occur.

If it does happen as E#1 saw, then that would be considered a bug in the application. (Just from a programmer reading the spec point of view :shock: )

Return to “Ask Cherek”