Page 2 of 4

Re: Not a ask Cherek question

Posted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 5:46 pm
by Cherek
JonnyDoH wrote:
Cardno wrote: Actually - there are much better players who hate me as much or more than you....... I'm having fun with them right now... you just jump in when you can....
...And we're having fun with you too. :twisted:

On the matter of "hate"-- I don't actually hate you, Cardno. I merely think that your matter of opinion is flawed and rather quick to conclusion. You also seem to have a rather inflated view of yourself and abilities (Which may or may not be true-- but I don't like when people brag). :(
You're right about it being inflated. When you can't get by own your own merits, you need to inflate them yourself since no one else talks about them.

Isn't that right Condom?

Re: Not a ask Cherek question

Posted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 3:12 pm
by Cardno
Cherek wrote:
JonnyDoH wrote:
Cardno wrote: Actually - there are much better players who hate me as much or more than you....... I'm having fun with them right now... you just jump in when you can....
...And we're having fun with you too. :twisted:

On the matter of "hate"-- I don't actually hate you, Cardno. I merely think that your matter of opinion is flawed and rather quick to conclusion. You also seem to have a rather inflated view of yourself and abilities (Which may or may not be true-- but I don't like when people brag). :(
You're right about it being inflated. When you can't get by own your own merits, you need to inflate them yourself since no one else talks about them.

Isn't that right Condom?
This is amusing because it's exactly why I draw attention to your mediocre game playing abilities. Once upon a time when you used to post virulently.... and I came onto this site, I was in awe of your greatness.....

Let's just say the bubble burst. :wink:

and ACTUALLY I don't think i'm a great player. Should be a hell of a lot better given that i've been playing on and off for a fair while now.

Oh well let's see where we are in another ten years... :shock:

Re: Not a ask Cherek question

Posted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 5:40 pm
by Cherek
Cardno wrote:... Once upon a time when you used to post virulently.... and I came onto this site, I was in awe of your greatness.....

Let's just say the bubble burst.
So, you are saying that just because I don't post like I use to, my playing has some how decreased. Unfortunately, the number of posts is not a true indicator of a players abilities and knowledge.

Rest assured, my playing ability or knowledge has not decreased, just the number of posts.

Re: Not a ask Cherek question

Posted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 5:54 pm
by JonnyDoH
Cardno wrote:
This is amusing because it's exactly why I draw attention to your mediocre game playing abilities. Once upon a time when you used to post virulently.... and I came onto this site, I was in awe of your greatness.....

Let's just say the bubble burst. :wink:

and ACTUALLY I don't think i'm a great player. Should be a hell of a lot better given that i've been playing on and off for a fair while now.

Oh well let's see where we are in another ten years... :shock:
In a private e-mail, someone mentioned that he "... was actually a star admiral on Circus for a while...".

To be fair, Cardno is playing races in many of my games that he reports are new to him, but I find that simple knowledge of things like friendly codes would remain elusive to him. Oh, irony!

:?

Re: Not a ask Cherek question

Posted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 5:57 pm
by Cardno
Cherek wrote:
Cardno wrote:... Once upon a time when you used to post virulently.... and I came onto this site, I was in awe of your greatness.....

Let's just say the bubble burst.
So, you are saying that just because I don't post like I use to, my playing has some how decreased. Unfortunately, the number of posts is not a true indicator of a players abilities and knowledge.

Rest assured, my playing ability or knowledge has not decreased, just the number of posts.
Doh! No.

Posted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 6:58 pm
by Cardno
Just to clarify for you good ol' boys who are taking me seriously.

I play this game because I love it and I love the logistics of it. I've played it through tough times and good times. I don't really come here to increase my circle of friends - gee, some of you would have noticed that by now :wink: :wink: I enjoy one of the stated purposes in the CM 'manual' for the forums which is to poke a bit of fun etc. If it distrubs you too much, I will stop. Bear in mind, as a Kiwi, my humour is a lot closer to English humour than it is American or even Australian. We enjoy 'dry' humour. We love it when ppl take us seriously and find it hilarious.

Johhny boy...gosh, what can I say??? In this very forum I told you i wasn't as good a player as I ought to be. Are you on crack boy?????? And there you go making out I put tickets on myself... tsk tsk! You would go a long time trolling through the forums trying to find where I say I think im the greatest. I'm not, and when asked, have said that maybe i'm in the second tier or somewhere like that. I've also made the point in the forums that I haven't won a single 'one on one game' of all I have played. I reckon the challengee has the advantage there and i'm trying to bait someone into challenging me. Ya'll pussies though. Why don't you challenge me boy?!!

I do enjoy poking fun at others and that's why I don't mind it when you and Cherek poke fun back at me.

Hell. This ain't facebook, it's WAR!!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol:

P.S. I was a star Admiral - you forgot to mention the other part of that email, where I said I got demoted for bad behaviour. As I have also told Fletch, I only got to Star Admiral because i placed second in those 'one on one games' which I lost :D

P.P.S Yup, I am playing in six games at the moment. Life is the most settled it has been in a long, long time and after my car accident earlier this year, i'm only working 38 hours a week. And yes, i haven't played the feds before (and you and ghosthorse are giving me a good bashing in that one, nice work), or the xtals (where i'm helping someone else give ghosthorse a touch up).

Now, the rebels and the bots I have played before and doing ok so far in the early stages of those games.

You happy now boy?!!!! You forced me to type in a real life conversation!! I hate you JohnnyDoh.... :wink:

Re: Not a ask Cherek question

Posted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 9:30 pm
by B A N E
Cherek wrote: Rest assured, my playing ability or knowledge has not decreased, just the number of posts.
Who ARE you?













:twisted:


j/k could not resist.

Re: Not a ask Cherek question

Posted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 9:42 pm
by Cherek
B A N E wrote:
Cherek wrote: Rest assured, my playing ability or knowledge has not decreased, just the number of posts.
Who ARE you?
Just some guy who like VGAP.

Hi Bane.













:twisted:


j/k could not resist.

Posted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 4:54 am
by JonnyDoH
Cardno wrote:*snip*
Curious you mentioned that you got demoted for bad behavior. You mentioned it was something else...

In any case, I was just pointing out how ironic the situation was. Like you, I was held in awe of your "abilities", then found out how played up they were. When someone shoots the crap about someone else (in this case Cherek), I just felt that I should point out you're not too far from the mark either. I.E. You shouldn't be pointing fingers...

And rest assured, the sentiments are shared. :wink:

Posted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:19 am
by Havok
JonnyDoH wrote:
Cardno wrote:*snip*
Curious you mentioned that you got demoted for bad behavior. You mentioned it was something else...

In any case, I was just pointing out how ironic the situation was. Like you, I was held in awe of your "abilities", then found out how played up they were. When someone shoots the crap about someone else (in this case Cherek), I just felt that I should point out you're not too far from the mark either. I.E. You shouldn't be pointing fingers...

And rest assured, the sentiments are shared. :wink:
Jumping into this for a second. If he got "demoted" and lost points then that sounds like he was dropped from games by AT for not doing turns, etc and I had to deduct points from his account.

Carry on...

Posted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:53 pm
by Shardin5
Havok wrote:Shardin tends to join to many games at once and then misses all his turns and gets dropped if memory serves me correctly. :twisted:
Haven't been joining games for awhile, stopped doing that after I left and came back, a couple of years back. Nowadays, way to much work and to many games keep going on constant pause, really wrecking Havok, on the games. You would think in the wireless and laptop age, it would be easier for games to keep going instead of 25 days paused out of 90 day, hard to get back into a game all the on and off.
1st time I have been to the site, In almost 2 months now. I wont be back until 2011, so have a Great Thanksgiving, Merry Xmas and a Happy New Years.

New office
Here is the front door
Image

Here is the office
Image

Posted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 12:07 am
by Havok
Shardin5 wrote:
Havok wrote:Shardin tends to join to many games at once and then misses all his turns and gets dropped if memory serves me correctly. :twisted:
Haven't been joining games for awhile, stopped doing that after I left and came back. To much work and to many games keep going on constant pause, really wrecking Havok, on the game. 1st time I have been to the site, In almost 2 months now. I wont be back until 2011, so have a Great Thanksgiving, Merry Xmas and a Happy New Years.
Same to you Shardin.

Posted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 12:14 am
by Shardin5
Havok wrote:
Shardin5 wrote:
Havok wrote:Shardin tends to join to many games at once and then misses all his turns and gets dropped if memory serves me correctly. :twisted:
Haven't been joining games for awhile, stopped doing that after I left and came back. To much work and to many games keep going on constant pause, really wrecking Havok, on the game. 1st time I have been to the site, In almost 2 months now. I wont be back until 2011, so have a Great Thanksgiving, Merry Xmas and a Happy New Years.
Same to you Shardin.
Posted photos of the new office for you. To give you some reference I am just under 6' and 250lbs, when checking out the doors. Its currently -6c outside, and its a heatwave.

Posted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 4:14 am
by Cherek
Shardin5 wrote:
Havok wrote:
Shardin5 wrote: Haven't been joining games for awhile, stopped doing that after I left and came back. To much work and to many games keep going on constant pause, really wrecking Havok, on the game. 1st time I have been to the site, In almost 2 months now. I wont be back until 2011, so have a Great Thanksgiving, Merry Xmas and a Happy New Years.
Same to you Shardin.
Posted photos of the new office for you. To give you some reference I am just under 6' and 250lbs, when checking out the doors. Its currently -6c outside, and its a heatwave.
Glad you dropped a line. Take care of yourself up there.

Posted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:28 pm
by akshamu
Shardin5 wrote:
Havok wrote:
Shardin5 wrote: Haven't been joining games for awhile, stopped doing that after I left and came back. To much work and to many games keep going on constant pause, really wrecking Havok, on the game. 1st time I have been to the site, In almost 2 months now. I wont be back until 2011, so have a Great Thanksgiving, Merry Xmas and a Happy New Years.
Same to you Shardin.
Posted photos of the new office for you. To give you some reference I am just under 6' and 250lbs, when checking out the doors. Its currently -6c outside, and its a heatwave.
I missed where you were at Shardin. Looks a little like my neck of the woods.