History

What do you like about what's going on at Circus-Maximus.com? Or, if you're the whiny type, tell us what stinks! We may not fix it, but we'll listen...

Moderators: BitMask, Havok

Sysop
Site Admin

Post#16 » Mon Nov 14, 2005 4:44 pm

ShardinEnemy#1ofTheIRJTN wrote:I still have my Green screen C-64. My kids play battle chess on it today.
They think its COOL, I keep telling them that was top of the line graphic's and they laugh at me.

8) If they only knew... I have a green screen for my 64 too. Used it for 2 years before I got my C=128. Then finally got a color screen and monitor. I still perfer playing my old Ultima games on them.
Best Regards,

Joe

Cherek

Post#17 » Mon Nov 14, 2005 4:55 pm

I use to play Pool of Radiance on mine and I no longer have my C-64. =D>
The line below is true.
The line above is false.

Cherek

hennef

Post#18 » Tue Nov 15, 2005 6:26 am

i had a c64, too (with green monitor). but i do not know any of the games you mentioned before. the games i remember were silly arcade games (silly but fun! oh, sooo much fun) i was in elementary school back then. later i bought myself "ports of call", "pirates" and "oil tycoon???"....but i then fell in love with my best friends amiga 500 and i was eager to get one, until my father bought a pc....i hated the pc!

Sysop
Site Admin

Post#19 » Tue Nov 15, 2005 1:09 pm

hennef wrote:i had a c64, too (with green monitor). but i do not know any of the games you mentioned before. the games i remember were silly arcade games (silly but fun! oh, sooo much fun) i was in elementary school back then. later i bought myself "ports of call", "pirates" and "oil tycoon???"....but i then fell in love with my best friends amiga 500 and i was eager to get one, until my father bought a pc....i hated the pc!

The PC was pretty week for games at that point. That 4 color EGA card was a big problem. So was the lack of sound. The Adlib wasn't even out yet, and neither was the Soundblaster.

There were so many good games for the Commodore I could probably post game names for the next hour and not even scrach the surface of it's library of content.
Best Regards,

Joe

Return to “Comments About Circus-Maximus.com”