Game Page

What do you like about what's going on at Circus-Maximus.com? Or, if you're the whiny type, tell us what stinks! We may not fix it, but we'll listen...

Moderators: BitMask, Havok

Cherek

Game Page

Post#1 » Sat Aug 27, 2005 10:25 pm

Here is another one of those “Why is it like this?” questions. At the top of each game page you have three options “Join Game”, “Options” and “Quit Game”. I can understand the “Join Game” and “Quit Game” but why is “Option”? I selected “Options” thinking that it was going the game configuration and settings. Since this option for individual player account options, shouldn’t it be in the player section instead of the game section?
The line below is true.
The line above is false.

Cherek

Sysop
Site Admin

Re: Game Page

Post#2 » Sat Aug 27, 2005 10:27 pm

Commodore Cherek, IRJTN wrote:Here is another one of those “Why is it like this?” questions. At the top of each game page you have three options “Join Game”, “Options” and “Quit Game”. I can understand the “Join Game” and “Quit Game” but why is “Option”? I selected “Options” thinking that it was going the game configuration and settings. Since this option for individual player account options, shouldn’t it be in the player section instead of the game section?

Maybe so... Maybe not...

Seriously, I've got some work to do on those templates, and a bunch of commands I want to add in. It's very tedious time consuming work and I've just haven't gotten to it yet.

This site is an ever changing beast, it'll will be updated eventually. I promise that.
Best Regards,

Joe

Zaphod Beeblebrox

Post#3 » Sun Aug 28, 2005 6:40 am

I'm glad you asked that, as I was wondering the same thing.

Sysop
Site Admin

Post#4 » Sun Aug 28, 2005 11:53 am

Zaphod Beeblebrox wrote:I'm glad you asked that, as I was wondering the same thing.

nag nag nag............. :)

Cherek

Post#5 » Sun Aug 28, 2005 12:01 pm

You just can't make everyone happy. It is nice that you are trying. :lol:

Now about trying to ..., never mind, I'll save that for later. I don't want to overwhelm you my first couple of weeks here. :twisted:
The line below is true.
The line above is false.

Cherek

Zaphod Beeblebrox

Post#6 » Sun Aug 28, 2005 1:06 pm

Commodore Cherek, IRJTN wrote:You just can't make everyone happy. It is nice that you are trying. :lol:

Now about trying to ..., never mind, I'll save that for later. I don't want to overwhelm you my first couple of weeks here. :twisted:

Right? LOL

Honestly, you guys do a fantastic job. I know I've said that before, but I think it's something you can't really hear too much of. This site may not be perfect, but it looks great and you are so responsive to requests from players it's amazing.

Thanks again!

Cherek

Post#7 » Sun Aug 28, 2005 1:35 pm

I'm working on trying to make it perfect, then I'll have all the eleven or is it thirteen, (I can't remember, I guess I'll have to check the roster of all the IRJTN members) and have the remaining memebers join the site.
The line below is true.
The line above is false.

Cherek

Zaphod Beeblebrox

Post#8 » Sun Aug 28, 2005 2:44 pm

Commodore Cherek, IRJTN wrote:I'm working on trying to make it perfect, then I'll have all the eleven or is it thirteen, (I can't remember, I guess I'll have to check the roster of all the IRJTN members) and have the remaining memebers join the site.

You'll have all eleven (or thirteen) whats? I've also been wondering: What is IRJTN?

Imperial Relaxed Joyful Temple of Narcoleptics?

Sysop
Site Admin

Post#9 » Sun Aug 28, 2005 3:11 pm

Zaphod Beeblebrox wrote:
Commodore Cherek, IRJTN wrote:You just can't make everyone happy. It is nice that you are trying. :lol:

Right? LOL

Honestly, you guys do a fantastic job. I know I've said that before, but I think it's something you can't really hear too much of. This site may not be perfect, but it looks great and you are so responsive to requests from players it's amazing.

Thanks again!

Thank you!
Best Regards,

Joe

Sysop
Site Admin

Post#10 » Sun Aug 28, 2005 3:12 pm

Commodore Cherek, IRJTN wrote:I'm working on trying to make it perfect, then I'll have all the eleven or is it thirteen, (I can't remember, I guess I'll have to check the roster of all the IRJTN members) and have the remaining memebers join the site.

You mean there's more? God, it sounds like an infection... :o
Best Regards,

Joe

Shardin5

Post#11 » Sun Aug 28, 2005 3:49 pm

It is worse than any infection you could get. The members of the BathTub Navy, need to be wiped out and removed from all infected Hosts sites. :twisted: :P

Shardin5

Post#12 » Sun Aug 28, 2005 3:50 pm

NO not removed, they need to be beat down on site, they do make the games and Forum's fun, so they are a NECESSARY evil out there. :P :D

Sysop
Site Admin

Post#13 » Sun Aug 28, 2005 3:59 pm

ShardinEnemy#1ofTheIRJTN wrote:NO not removed, they need to be beat down on site, they do make the games and Forum's fun, so they are a NECESSARY evil out there. :P :D

I think everyone is pretty cool so far. I'm glad that there's still a VGAP community out there after all these years.
Best Regards,

Joe

Battlestar Host

Post#14 » Sun Aug 28, 2005 4:32 pm

Sysop wrote:
ShardinEnemy#1ofTheIRJTN wrote:NO not removed, they need to be beat down on site, they do make the games and Forum's fun, so they are a NECESSARY evil out there. :P :D

I think everyone is pretty cool so far. I'm glad that there's still a VGAP community out there after all these years.

Oh yeah, they are cool until you don't give them what they want.. then LOOK OUT!! :lol: :lol:

Seriously though... you do the site as best you can, and listen to the suggestions but don't change simply to make one person :roll: happy... do what makes sense, and what is easiest for you.... making the players happy is nice, but it has to be managable (is that a word?).

Ed
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Wayne, THE SHOOTIST.

Sysop
Site Admin

Post#15 » Sun Aug 28, 2005 4:45 pm

Battlestar Host wrote:
Sysop wrote:

Oh yeah, they are cool until you don't give them what they want.. then LOOK OUT!! :lol: :lol:

Seriously though... you do the site as best you can, and listen to the suggestions but don't change simply to make one person :roll: happy... do what makes sense, and what is easiest for you.... making the players happy is nice, but it has to be managable (is that a word?).

Ed

Ed,

Nah, I'd never do anything just to make one person happy (let's hope my girlfriend never reads this)... But I do want the site to run smoothly, I just hate spending time coding and coding.... My generic answer is "Use SendTrnPro" :lol:
Best Regards,

Joe

Return to “Comments About Circus-Maximus.com”