Dead Klingons

What do you like about what's going on at Circus-Maximus.com? Or, if you're the whiny type, tell us what stinks! We may not fix it, but we'll listen...

Moderators: BitMask, Havok

Poll: Auto Troll Scoring System - Ascore is...

Perfect - Military Strength is the ultimate measure of an empire
No votes
OK - a little limited but not bad
20%
Not so great - not balanced for all races
40%
Other / No Opinion
40%
Total votes: 10

Havok
Site Admin

Post#16 » Thu Aug 31, 2006 2:13 pm

Commodore Cherek, IRJTN wrote:
Gilgamesh wrote:I agree on voting to end early if it looks like a runaway.
I agree on voting when the game is a runaway, but how to determine a winner when a game ends on a certain turn and there are several players (not allied) close to being even? The ITAScore to me is more of a fair scoring system.

On a side note, why have the graph to show the score history? There are only two scores that count for anything, the score at the present turn and the end of game score. In place of the graph, how about showing # of warships, freighters, planets, starbases for each race.
I remember seeing a host addon long ago that would offer (via in game messages and voting) to end the game every 25 turns starting at turn 75.

I haven't been able to find a copy of it though. Anyone else seen or heard of this addon?
Regards,
][avok

Gilgamesh

Post#17 » Thu Aug 31, 2006 3:04 pm

Commodore Cherek, IRJTN wrote:
Gilgamesh wrote:I agree on voting to end early if it looks like a runaway.
I agree on voting when the game is a runaway, but how to determine a winner when a game ends on a certain turn and there are several players (not allied) close to being even? The ITAScore to me is more of a fair scoring system.

On a side note, why have the graph to show the score history? There are only two scores that count for anything, the score at the present turn and the end of game score. In place of the graph, how about showing # of warships, freighters, planets, starbases for each race.
Agreed on all counts.
QI'DaS tuQ SoSlI'

Gilgamesh

Post#18 » Thu Aug 31, 2006 3:07 pm

Havok wrote:
I remember seeing a host addon long ago that would offer (via in game messages and voting) to end the game every 25 turns starting at turn 75.

I haven't been able to find a copy of it though. Anyone else seen or heard of this addon?
That was NAVGAP and it worked well. I tried to contact Neil a while ago to ask if he really was down and done but he never got back to me and the website has disappeared (although the mirror site was still around last time I checked). You may have more luck getting a response from him than I did. I really don't know what happened but the site came to a full stop just after my last game ended.
QI'DaS tuQ SoSlI'

B A N E

Post#19 » Thu Aug 31, 2006 3:11 pm

I like the graph showing the history.
It's interesting to see how things develop.

I agree, various scoring methods are flawed and can be abused.

I prefer games with clear cut goals like:
Invasion, Homeworld & Flagship.
Understanding is a three-edged sword.
Your side,
their side,
and the truth.

Havok
Site Admin

Post#20 » Thu Aug 31, 2006 6:38 pm

Gilgamesh wrote:
Havok wrote:

That was NAVGAP and it worked well. I tried to contact Neil a while ago to ask if he really was down and done but he never got back to me and the website has disappeared (although the mirror site was still around last time I checked). You may have more luck getting a response from him than I did. I really don't know what happened but the site came to a full stop just after my last game ended.
Is that an addon that you can get, or specific to his site?
Regards,
][avok

Gilgamesh

Post#21 » Thu Aug 31, 2006 7:20 pm

I'm afraid I don't know, and I don't have a "vote to end" email around anymore that might give us a clue either. Best bet would be to try to contact Neil, or maybe Steve Simms. I think it was all programmed by them but I really don't know that for sure.
QI'DaS tuQ SoSlI'

Return to “Comments About Circus-Maximus.com”