A new members thanks.

What do you like about what's going on at Circus-Maximus.com? Or, if you're the whiny type, tell us what stinks! We may not fix it, but we'll listen...

Moderators: BitMask, Havok

young master

A new members thanks.

Post#1 » Mon Sep 26, 2005 9:23 pm

Just wanted to echo the praises mentioned on the recent interview with Red Troll. It is nice to know that some of the "old school" players / developers are out there and doing well.

I also wanted to take a minute to praise this site, Havok. It is not often that I see a fan site done in such detail and with such professionalism. Silent and I started looking for a hosting site about three weeks ago and when I found this site, I told him that we had found someone that would be around for a bit. Any SysOp (?) that would put this much effort into a project and provide this level of quality was simply amazing when compared to the other web hosting sites I reviewed. The pride you show in this site is not only apparent, but deserved.

I look forward to meeting most of the other players from time to time. It appears that some of you have been here almost from the start. I look forward to facing your skill as players, as that is the only way to gain skill for oneself.

All the best.

Young Master
A.K.A. William West

Battlestar Host

Echo

Post#2 » Mon Sep 26, 2005 11:23 pm

I too would like to echo the above and say that I am impressed on the level of work Joe has put into this site. Being a host myself I know how much work goes into a site. (Mine still has work to be done and its 6 years old). So keep up the good work Joe! =D>

Ed
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Wayne, THE SHOOTIST.

Sysop
Site Admin

Thank You

Post#3 » Tue Sep 27, 2005 12:13 pm

Thanks for the kind words. I'll do my best to continue to meet and exceed your expectations :)
Best Regards,

Joe

robert

Re: Thank You

Post#4 » Wed Dec 14, 2005 9:17 am

Sysop wrote:Thanks for the kind words. I'll do my best to continue to meet and exceed your expectations :)

I always thought Ed's site looked the best, until I saw yours. I havnt really explored it much.

Infact I only joined your site because your taking Ed's game, but now that I know Shardin and the IRJTN are regular posters, im vey happy to be here

Robert

PS Ive had a few good years at Ed's and home to have many with you, because normally I only play games on one site. With the Tournament at Ed's I will play on 2 sites

Sysop
Site Admin

Post#5 » Wed Dec 14, 2005 9:49 am

robert wrote:
Sysop wrote:Thanks for the kind words. I'll do my best to continue to meet and exceed your expectations :)

I always thought Ed's site looked the best, until I saw yours. I havnt really explored it much.

Infact I only joined your site because your taking Ed's game, but now that I know Shardin and the IRJTN are regular posters, im vey happy to be here

Robert

PS Ive had a few good years at Ed's and home to have many with you, because normally I only play games on one site. With the Tournament at Ed's I will play on 2 sites

Thanks. I aim to please :)
Best Regards,

Joe

robert

Post#6 » Wed Dec 14, 2005 9:56 am

Just out of curiosity, which state is VA

Im from the UK and a bit thick ???

Rbert

Sysop
Site Admin

Post#7 » Wed Dec 14, 2005 9:57 am

robert wrote:

Rbert

Virginia. :D
Best Regards,

Joe

robert

Post#8 » Wed Dec 14, 2005 10:02 am

Sysop wrote:
robert wrote:

Rbert

I was going to say I lived in Manchester, UK but then I didnt want people thinking I was from the States (no offencve meant)

People from outside america might think UK was a state

Sysop
Site Admin

Post#9 » Wed Dec 14, 2005 10:06 am

robert wrote:
Sysop wrote:
robert wrote:

Rbert

I was going to say I lived in Manchester, UK but then I didnt want people thinking I was from the States (no offencve meant)

People from outside america might think UK was a state

I've always wanted to visit Madchester... To bad they closed down the Hacienda. I really would have liked to check out the scene there.
Best Regards,

Joe

robert

Post#10 » Wed Dec 14, 2005 10:11 am

I've always wanted to visit Madchester... To bad they closed down the Hacienda. I really would have liked to check out the scene there.

My mate went. He said it was like a warehouse full of druggies

I think the myth of the place is better than the actual reality

Rbert

Sysop
Site Admin

Post#11 » Wed Dec 14, 2005 10:21 am

robert wrote:

My mate went. He said it was like a warehouse full of druggies

I think the myth of the place is better than the actual reality

Rbert

Probably so. I'm sure I would have been the only one visiting for music :) But it sounds like a great scene that happened there in the 90's... Kinda like our grunge music phase over here at the same time.
Best Regards,

Joe

robert

Post#12 » Wed Dec 14, 2005 1:36 pm

Probably so. I'm sure I would have been the only one visiting for music :) But it sounds like a great scene that happened there in the 90's... Kinda like our grunge music phase over here at the same time.[/quote]

I think the music was ggod, but it was in an old building, with lots of black and yellow tape on exposed beams and beams . I presume the ideabing so you dont bump into them

Anyway, so my mate says. I never went

Rbert

Shardin5

Post#13 » Wed Dec 14, 2005 1:45 pm

Rbert, Edit your last message before Sherek see's it.
Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference.
The US Marines don't have that problem.
President Ronald Reagan

Cherek

Post#14 » Wed Dec 14, 2005 1:56 pm

ShardinEnemy#1ofTheIRJTN wrote:Rbert, Edit your last message before Sherek see's it.

Too late.
The line below is true.
The line above is false.

Cherek

Sysop
Site Admin

Post#15 » Wed Dec 14, 2005 2:00 pm

robert wrote:Probably so. I'm sure I would have been the only one visiting for music :) But it sounds like a great scene that happened there in the 90's... Kinda like our grunge music phase over here at the same time.

I think the music was ggod, but it was in an old building, with lots of black and yellow tape on exposed beams and beams . I presume the ideabing so you dont bump into them

Anyway, so my mate says. I never went

Rbert

the black and yellow tape was part of the image :) It was owned by Factory Records, and they wanted the place to look like a factory... with a kinda Andy Warhol'ish design. :) They even had a Factory Records catalog # on the place. FAC51.
Last edited by Sysop on Wed Dec 31, 1969 8:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Best Regards,

Joe

Return to “Comments About Circus-Maximus.com”