Autotroll on the Fritz?

What do you like about what's going on at Circus-Maximus.com? Or, if you're the whiny type, tell us what stinks! We may not fix it, but we'll listen...

Moderators: BitMask, Havok

belorsch

Autotroll on the Fritz?

Post#1 » Fri Oct 07, 2005 2:59 pm

I've sent my turn in twice for game 13 but haven't gotten response yet. Could be a high internet traffic day I suppose.

Sysop
Site Admin

Re: Autotroll on the Fritz?

Post#2 » Fri Oct 07, 2005 3:38 pm

belorsch wrote:I've sent my turn in twice for game 13 but haven't gotten response yet. Could be a high internet traffic day I suppose.

AT seems to be down, but I'm not sure not being at home right. I'm not getting a response from it though. I had some problems while updating the FW a few nights ago and it could be that. I'll check it later on my break.

Don't worry about your turns, they're safe on the server :)
Best Regards,

Joe

Sysop
Site Admin

Post#3 » Fri Oct 07, 2005 4:05 pm

Just a quick follow up. I just viewed the host mailbox on the server and it's got about 20 turns in there. There's a definitely a communication issue that I'll resolve after work. AT should be running smoothly again by 11pm.

Thanks for posting.
Last edited by Sysop on Wed Dec 31, 1969 8:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Best Regards,

Joe

belorsch

Post#4 » Fri Oct 07, 2005 7:37 pm

Your Welcome. Normally the turnaround is within a few minutes so I thought I would giveyou a heads up just in case, and I wanted to make sure it wasn't my problem :)

Sysop
Site Admin

Post#5 » Fri Oct 07, 2005 9:41 pm

belorsch wrote:Your Welcome. Normally the turnaround is within a few minutes so I thought I would giveyou a heads up just in case, and I wanted to make sure it wasn't my problem :)

From the looks of it, it crapped out around 11am'ish... Right after I left for work... :x I'll know more shortly, 9:48pm now. About 40 minutes to go until freedom.
Best Regards,

Joe

Cherek

Post#6 » Fri Oct 07, 2005 9:49 pm

Sysop wrote:From the looks of it, it crapped out around 11am'ish... Right after I left for work... :x I'll know more shortly, 9:48pm now. About 40 minutes to go until freedom.

Ahhhh, non-computer people and Microsoft, job security. \:D/
The line below is true.
The line above is false.

Cherek

Sysop
Site Admin

Post#7 » Fri Oct 07, 2005 10:01 pm

Commodore Cherek, IRJTN wrote:
Sysop wrote:From the looks of it, it crapped out around 11am'ish... Right after I left for work... :x I'll know more shortly, 9:48pm now. About 40 minutes to go until freedom.

Ahhhh, non-computer people and Microsoft, job security. \:D/

Non computer people? Me? You're barking up the wrong tree 8)
Best Regards,

Joe

Zaphod Beeblebrox

Post#8 » Fri Oct 07, 2005 10:12 pm

Sysop wrote:
belorsch wrote:Your Welcome. Normally the turnaround is within a few minutes so I thought I would giveyou a heads up just in case, and I wanted to make sure it wasn't my problem :)

From the looks of it, it crapped out around 11am'ish... Right after I left for work... :x I'll know more shortly, 9:48pm now. About 40 minutes to go until freedom.

Isn't that pretty much par for the course? It pukes about 12 seconds after you leave the room. Gotta love computers. ...and the lUsers, too.

Sysop
Site Admin

Post#9 » Fri Oct 07, 2005 11:06 pm

Zaphod Beeblebrox wrote:
Sysop wrote:

Isn't that pretty much par for the course? It pukes about 12 seconds after you leave the room. Gotta love computers. ...and the lUsers, too.

Back up and running now. Found the computer reset when I got here...

Guess I should get an UPS.
Best Regards,

Joe

Zaphod Beeblebrox

Post#10 » Fri Oct 07, 2005 11:27 pm

Sysop wrote:
Zaphod Beeblebrox wrote:
Sysop wrote:

Back up and running now. Found the computer reset when I got here...

Guess I should get an UPS.

UPSs are wonderful things! I got one when I first moved to FL and in the heat of summer the transformers would pop and the power would go out for about 2 seconds, then come back on. Just long enough to reset my computer. This would happen 4-5 times a day.

Cherek

Post#11 » Sat Oct 08, 2005 6:04 am

Sysop wrote:Non computer people? Me? You're barking up the wrong tree 8)

I wasn't referring to you, I may be getting old but not forgetful (at least most of the time). I know what you are doing at around 9:48pm. :)
The line below is true.
The line above is false.

Cherek

Sysop
Site Admin

Post#12 » Sat Oct 08, 2005 10:23 am

Commodore Cherek, IRJTN wrote:
Sysop wrote:Non computer people? Me? You're barking up the wrong tree 8)

I wasn't referring to you, I may be getting old but not forgetful (at least most of the time). I know what you are doing at around 9:48pm. :)

Working... Work Work Work....
Best Regards,

Joe

Return to “Comments About Circus-Maximus.com”