Page 1 of 1

Firefly

Posted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 12:14 pm
by vetal_l
I saw Serenity on the main page =)
I really like this site designer. ][avok, is it your idea? :D

PS. Thats just too pity, that serial ended. =( We like it very much here.
PPS. Jayne rules! :wink:

Re: Firefly

Posted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 1:23 pm
by Havok
vetal_l wrote:I saw Serenity on the main page =)
I really like this site designer. ][avok, is it your idea? :D

PS. Thats just too pity, that serial ended. =( We like it very much here.
PPS. Jayne rules! :wink:
It was a great show. I just recently bought the series DVD set. Hopefully they'll make another movie.

BTW, there are some Firefly avatars for the forums if you haven't seen them.

Regarding the site design, are you referring to my page templates, or just the Serenity picture?

Re: Firefly

Posted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 1:27 pm
by vetal_l
Havok wrote:
vetal_l wrote:I saw Serenity on the main page =)
I really like this site designer. ][avok, is it your idea? :D

PS. Thats just too pity, that serial ended. =( We like it very much here.
PPS. Jayne rules! :wink:
It was a great show. I just recently bought the series DVD set. Hopefully they'll make another movie.

Regarding the site design, are you referring to my page templates, or just the Serenity picture?
Just Serenity. It's was like a lightbeam in the dark =)

PS. Hope so. But afaik this show have no profit in USA, so they close it. Am i right?

Re: Firefly

Posted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 1:38 pm
by Havok
vetal_l wrote:
Havok wrote:
vetal_l wrote:I saw Serenity on the main page =)
I really like this site designer. ][avok, is it your idea? :D

PS. Thats just too pity, that serial ended. =( We like it very much here.
PPS. Jayne rules! :wink:
It was a great show. I just recently bought the series DVD set. Hopefully they'll make another movie.

Regarding the site design, are you referring to my page templates, or just the Serenity picture?
Just Serenity. It's was like a lightbeam in the dark =)

PS. Hope so. But afaik this show have no profit in USA, so they close it. Am i right?
It's not that Firefly wasn't profitable, its that the company that produced it didn't like what the creator Joss Whedon made. They wanted more sex and violence and he wouldn't do that.

So the production company FOX messed everything up. The played the show out of it's chronological order, and didn't even play the shows pilot episode until the 9th week on the air.

The final few episodes never played before the show was canceled. About a year later, they were shown on the Sci-Fi channel here in the US.

Once the series was released on DVD, it made so much money they FOX decided to let them do a film. However, the film didn't do as well as FOX wanted either, and it's up in the air if there will be another.

Posted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 1:44 pm
by B A N E
I came away from Firefly/Serenity confused so I stopped watching.
I have to take ya'll's word.

Posted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 1:47 pm
by Havok
B A N E wrote:I came away from Firefly/Serenity confused so I stopped watching.
I have to take ya'll's word.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Firefly_(TV_series)

Re: Firefly

Posted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 1:50 pm
by vetal_l
Havok wrote:
vetal_l wrote: I saw Serenity on the main page =)

It's was like a lightbeam in the dark =)

PS. Hope so. But afaik this show have no profit in USA, so they close it. Am i right?
It's not that Firefly wasn't profitable, its that the company that produced it didn't like what the creator Joss Whedon made. They wanted more sex and violence and he wouldn't do that.
Joss made a great thing. We (me and my wife) watched all the series at least three times =) It looks like Cowboy Beebop. There's no need sex and violence at all. =)
Havok wrote: Once the series was released on DVD, it made so much money they FOX decided to let them do a film. However, the film didn't do as well as FOX wanted either, and it's up in the air if there will be another.
Never forgive them that they killed Wash and Book. I thought that in movie they explain who is the Book at all.

/hum: Our love for him now ain't hard to explain...

Re: Firefly

Posted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 1:54 pm
by Havok
vetal_l wrote:
Havok wrote:
vetal_l wrote: I saw Serenity on the main page =)

It's was like a lightbeam in the dark =)

PS. Hope so. But afaik this show have no profit in USA, so they close it. Am i right?
It's not that Firefly wasn't profitable, its that the company that produced it didn't like what the creator Joss Whedon made. They wanted more sex and violence and he wouldn't do that.
Joss made a great thing. We (me and my wife) watched all the series at least three times =) It looks like Cowboy Beebop. There's no need sex and violence at all. =)
Havok wrote: Once the series was released on DVD, it made so much money they FOX decided to let them do a film. However, the film didn't do as well as FOX wanted either, and it's up in the air if there will be another.
Never forgive them that they killed Wash and Book. I thought that in movie they explain who is the Book at all.

/hum: Our love for him now ain't hard to explain...
I think the assassian character was designed to replace Book if they continue. I know that the actor who played Wash wasn't interested in continuing with his role.

Posted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 8:53 am
by Julius Atreides
" Your my kind of stupid" -Mal

Hehe, yep, love(d) the show. Didn't watch it while it was on the air though.

I remember seeing previews for it and thinking it would be interesting, but lost track of it and forgot all about it before it ever even started playing.

Probably best I did the way Fox shot the show in the foot out of the gate. I just don't get why they did though I can speculate plenty hehe.

But now I have the DVD set, too bad there are so few eps.

The movie was good but had nothin' on the series.

Posted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 1:54 pm
by Havok
Same. I have a Co-Op here Nfredible that bugged me to watch the show and I didn't. Then he bugged me to see the movie in the theater, and I didn't.

I finally caught the movie on cable and loved it. So I borrowed the DVD set and watched it over a weekend, and then the movie again.

Been hooked since.

It's terrible how Fox mismanaged this show. It would have been a gold mine for them if they had had a little forsight.