Ed's Site

What do you like about what's going on at Circus-Maximus.com? Or, if you're the whiny type, tell us what stinks! We may not fix it, but we'll listen...

Moderators: BitMask, Havok

robert

Ed's Site

Post#1 » Wed Dec 14, 2005 9:09 am

Ed mentioned in his letter that you were both working on transferring ranks across to this site.

If thats the case can you transfer games won as well.

I know normally when you move from one site to another you start from scratch, but you are incorperating most of Ed's games.

This is mainly to keep my ego at maximum and if you have a scoreboard it will show ive the same amount of games as Shardin

ie none

Yours
Robert (Rbert)

Sysop
Site Admin

Re: Ed's Site

Post#2 » Wed Dec 14, 2005 9:51 am

robert wrote:Ed mentioned in his letter that you were both working on transferring ranks across to this site.

If thats the case can you transfer games won as well.

I know normally when you move from one site to another you start from scratch, but you are incorperating most of Ed's games.

This is mainly to keep my ego at maximum and if you have a scoreboard it will show ive the same amount of games as Shardin

ie none

Yours
Robert (Rbert)
I'll be transfering as much as I possiblly can. The problem is that there is no conversion tool. It would be great if we could just import his AutoTroll database and merge it into mine... But alas no tool like that exists, so it all has to be done MANUALY... And that my friends is going to take forever and a day. :)

But yes, I'll add that to the list of things to do during the transfer.
Best Regards,

Joe

robert

Post#3 » Wed Dec 14, 2005 9:59 am

I'll be transfering as much as I possiblly can. The problem is that there is no conversion tool. It would be great if we could just import his AutoTroll database and merge it into mine... But alas no tool like that exists, so it all has to be done MANUALY... And that my friends is going to take forever and a day. :)

Ive always wondered how much time it takes to run a site like yours and ive deceided its better I dont ask then I wont feel quilty when I ask you to do loads of things

Rbert

Sysop
Site Admin

Post#4 » Wed Dec 14, 2005 10:03 am

robert wrote:

Ive always wondered how much time it takes to run a site like yours and ive deceided its better I dont ask then I wont feel quilty when I ask you to do loads of things

Rbert
Ask away, I'm used to it. Shardin's on my case from sunrise to sundown. :roll:
Best Regards,

Joe

robert

Post#5 » Wed Dec 14, 2005 10:08 am

OK here goes

How much time do you spend a week on running your site

Rbert

PS Isnt it the middle of the night for you. Its 2.00pm here so it must be about 5.00 am for you[/quote]

Sysop
Site Admin

Post#6 » Wed Dec 14, 2005 10:18 am

robert wrote:

OK here goes

Rbert

PS Isnt it the middle of the night for you. Its 2.00pm here so it must be about 5.00 am for you
Nope, it's approx 9:15am as I write this. Now if the earth rotated the other way, it would be night. 8)

As for your 1st question, I couldn't tell you how many hours a week, or even a day I put into this site. I should have kept a log when I started. The best and most honest answer would be to say A LOT. There's always something to be done... day to day maintenance, new games, fixing games that don't master correctly (Dirty Deeds being the latest example), keeping up in the forums, giving Shardin as much grief as possible. The list goes on and on. :D

But I love it, and it's nice to see this creation has come together nicely since it's launch last march, and become a real cornerstone to our VGAP community as a whole.
Best Regards,

Joe

Cherek

Post#7 » Wed Dec 14, 2005 10:32 am

And when you start to have some free time, I'll give you my list of things. \:D/

Wait until player start wanting custom designed game using add-ons or a hosting system you've never used before. You then have to read the docs and play around with the configuration to set it up and hope it doesn't crash your site. [-o< Oh wait, that is already happening. :lol:
The line below is true.
The line above is false.

Cherek

Sysop
Site Admin

Post#8 » Wed Dec 14, 2005 11:43 am

Commodore Cherek, IRJTN wrote:And when you start to have some free time, I'll give you my list of things. \:D/

Wait until player start wanting custom designed game using add-ons or a hosting system you've never used before. You then have to read the docs and play around with the configuration to set it up and hope it doesn't crash your site. [-o< Oh wait, that is already happening. :lol:
Ditto! :shock:
Best Regards,

Joe

Shardin5

Post#9 » Wed Dec 14, 2005 11:53 am

HEY, I only keep on you about the Grudge game, and thats only after I found out you were Updating Sherek 1st. Otherwise, I prefer to harrass others on the forum, unless the host is involved in a game where Homeworlds are 2 turns away. Then I will harrass the host for all he is worth. :P :lol: :P :lol: :P :lol:
Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference.
The US Marines don't have that problem.
President Ronald Reagan

Cherek

Post#10 » Wed Dec 14, 2005 12:27 pm

ShardinEnemy#1ofTheIRJTN wrote:HEY, I only keep on you about the Grudge game, and thats only after I found out you were Updating Sherek 1st. Otherwise, I prefer to harrass others on the forum, unless the host is involved in a game where Homeworlds are 2 turns away. Then I will harrass the host for all he is worth. :P :lol: :P :lol: :P :lol:
Update me first??? I'm Borg and Lizzy hunting.
The line below is true.
The line above is false.

Cherek

Sysop
Site Admin

Post#11 » Wed Dec 14, 2005 12:59 pm

ShardinEnemy#1ofTheIRJTN wrote:HEY, I only keep on you about the Grudge game, and thats only after I found out you were Updating Sherek 1st. Otherwise, I prefer to harrass others on the forum, unless the host is involved in a game where Homeworlds are 2 turns away. Then I will harrass the host for all he is worth. :P :lol: :P :lol: :P :lol:

Yeah, that didn't quite work out right in that game did it. I'll chalk it up to new to mastering blue's. 8)
Best Regards,

Joe

robert

Post#12 » Wed Dec 14, 2005 1:31 pm

Sysop wrote:
robert wrote:

OK here goes

Rbert

PS Isnt it the middle of the night for you. Its 2.00pm here so it must be about 5.00 am for you
Nope, it's approx 9:15am as I write this. Now if the earth rotated the other way, it would be night. 8)

As for your 1st question, I couldn't tell you how many hours a week, or even a day I put into this site. I should have kept a log when I started. The best and most honest answer would be to say A LOT. There's always something to be done... day to day maintenance, new games, fixing games that don't master correctly (Dirty Deeds being the latest example), keeping up in the forums, giving Shardin as much grief as possible. The list goes on and on. :D

But I love it, and it's nice to see this creation has come together nicely since it's launch last march, and become a real cornerstone to our VGAP community as a whole.
You must be on the East Coast. I just presume because Shardin is on the West Coast so is everybody else. BIG MISTAKE

Giving Shardin hassle is good fun, but its too easy. He always takes the hook

Rbert

Shardin5

Post#13 » Wed Dec 14, 2005 1:35 pm

It would lead to a boring site if I didn't take the bait sometimes and run with it.
Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference.
The US Marines don't have that problem.
President Ronald Reagan

robert

Post#14 » Wed Dec 14, 2005 1:59 pm

ShardinEnemy#1ofTheIRJTN wrote:It would lead to a boring site if I didn't take the bait sometimes and run with it.
Like my Mum says"Dont give it out, if you cant take it back"

Except of course she does give it out and CANT take it back

Rbert

hennef

Post#15 » Wed Dec 14, 2005 2:16 pm

if shardin would live in the "real" Karlsbad http://www.karlsbad.cz/ instead of this one http://www.ci.carlsbad.ca.us/visit/ , there would be no timedifference to my place 8) plus he would have easy access to real beer! although he got a LEGOland over there 8)))

while cherek lives close to a road "...The community of White Hall grew around Crenshaw Springs, which is located near The Dollarway Road (Highway 365)..." http://www.whitehallarkansas.com/ . which is good! you can use cars that way. sadly they do not tell you how late it is.

if you are living here: http://www.vabeach.com/ then you have a better website than the guys in whitehall and you got pretty beaches and lots of guides. but they also do not tell you how late it is.

ppl over in this "town" http://www.direct.gov.uk/Homepage/fs/en must add one hour to my place

it is btw 7:35 over here http://www.aachen.de/index.html

have fun

hennef

Return to “Comments About Circus-Maximus.com”