Ed's Site

What do you like about what's going on at Circus-Maximus.com? Or, if you're the whiny type, tell us what stinks! We may not fix it, but we'll listen...

Moderators: BitMask, Havok

Sysop
Site Admin

Post#31 » Sun Dec 18, 2005 3:50 pm

Zaphod Beeblebrox wrote:
hennef wrote:
weizen is an alternative to pils, if it is hot outside.

Heffeweizen was my favorite when I was in Kitzingen.

The japanese cannot make beer, if Ki-Rin and Shi-Lin are any indication. Like budweiser with something bitter tossed in it.

Pils is nice.

Why don't you guys just save yourself a couple of dollars, go down to walmart and get yourselves some motor oil :)
Best Regards,

Joe

hennef

Post#32 » Tue Dec 20, 2005 6:58 am

ahhh, beer!

BEER!

BIER!

LECKER BIER!

there is no civilization without it.

Flying Scotsman

Post#33 » Tue Dec 20, 2005 10:05 am

Zaphod Beeblebrox wrote:
hennef wrote:

Heffeweizen was my favorite when I was in Kitzingen.

The japanese cannot make beer, if Ki-Rin and Shi-Lin are any indication. Like budweiser with something bitter tossed in it.

Pils is nice.

Asahi is a good refreshing Japanese beer, but most Germans wouldn't like it. Too light for their taste.
Flying Scotsman
Lower Quintania
"Never give up, Never surrender"
Commander Taggert, Galaxyquest

Flying Scotsman

Post#34 » Tue Dec 20, 2005 10:12 am

hennef wrote:WE DO NOT DRINK LAGER!

lager is international crap-beer.

the good german drinks of course PILS. the beer that is brewed pilsener style. it is of golden color and with fresh dry quality.

there are those who drink "altbier" (they live in düsseldorf or krefeld and are stupid), those who drink "kölsch" (they live in köln and are stupid) and those who drink "weizen" (they live in bavaria and are the most stupid of all).

british beer like "murphys red" or "kilkenny" are very tasty too. sometimes even "guinness".

then there are the beers from belgium. sweet in taste and much more specialized. some are with strawberry or cherry. some have up to 12% vol. alcohol.

in fact i have special glasses for most of those beers mentioned above.

Nope. I don't like my beer fruity (Strawberry, Cherry or otherwise). [-X I like Guiness, Bass Ale and Harpoon, which is made by a local microbrewery. :D My budget only allows me to have Rolling Rock. :oops:
Flying Scotsman
Lower Quintania
"Never give up, Never surrender"
Commander Taggert, Galaxyquest

Sysop
Site Admin

Post#35 » Tue Dec 20, 2005 12:57 pm

Flying Scotsman wrote:

the good german drinks of course PILS. the beer that is brewed pilsener style. it is of golden color and with fresh dry quality.

there are those who drink "altbier" (they live in düsseldorf or krefeld and are stupid), those who drink "kölsch" (they live in köln and are stupid) and those who drink "weizen" (they live in bavaria and are the most stupid of all).

british beer like "murphys red" or "kilkenny" are very tasty too. sometimes even "guinness".

then there are the beers from belgium. sweet in taste and much more specialized. some are with strawberry or cherry. some have up to 12% vol. alcohol.

Nope. I don't like my beer fruity (Strawberry, Cherry or otherwise). [-X I like Guiness, Bass Ale and Harpoon, which is made by a local microbrewery. :D My budget only allows me to have Rolling Rock. :oops:

I like to refer to BASS ale as ASS ale... My poor demented brother likes that stuff.
Best Regards,

Joe

Sysop
Site Admin

Post#36 » Tue Dec 20, 2005 1:00 pm

Flying Scotsman wrote:

Now, speaking a of a microbrew... There's a small brewery based about 40 miles north of New Orleans called Abita Brewery http://www.abita.com that makes an outstanding beer called Purple Haze... And while it has a touch of a RASPBERRY taste to it, the stuff will knock you on your @$$. :) It's kinda tart. Good stuff. One of my favorites.
Last edited by Sysop on Wed Dec 31, 1969 8:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Best Regards,

Joe

hennef

Post#37 » Tue Dec 20, 2005 4:31 pm

i wish i could download an instant-sample of the beer 8)

but i am too drunk already from christmas-party at the institute of cristallography, that i would not taste any differences anymore :P

we had "Glühwein". it is hot wine-punch.

cya

hennef

Zaphod Beeblebrox

Post#38 » Tue Dec 20, 2005 9:54 pm

hennef wrote:i wish i could download an instant-sample of the beer 8)

but i am too drunk already from christmas-party at the institute of cristallography, that i would not taste any differences anymore :P

we had "Glühwein". it is hot wine-punch.

cya

hennef

OMG I SOOOO miss Glühwein!!! Cold winter day walk into a little shop and get a nice hot glühwein. In some ways the US is completely uncivilized. :(

Trillian

Post#39 » Wed Dec 21, 2005 2:33 am

Zap, we are out of beer. Fix. ASAP.
Trillian

hennef

Post#40 » Wed Dec 21, 2005 9:41 am

hahahah, that is efficient communication!

Cherek

Post#41 » Wed Dec 21, 2005 11:58 am

Zaphod Beeblebrox wrote:OMG I SOOOO miss Glühwein!!! Cold winter day walk into a little shop and get a nice hot glühwein. In some ways the US is completely uncivilized. :(

Tell me about it! You should try to find some good Eiswein.
The line below is true.
The line above is false.

Cherek

Klauser

Post#42 » Wed Dec 21, 2005 3:14 pm

OMG I SOOOO miss Glühwein!!! Cold winter day walk into a little shop and get a nice hot glühwein. In some ways the US is completely uncivilized.

Tell me about it! You should try to find some good Eiswein.

Thanks alot. Now I REALLY miss Germany during the holidays.

WAAHHHH!!!!
Klauser

"Any ship can be a minesweeper ... once!"

FLETCH

Post#43 » Wed Dec 21, 2005 9:38 pm

Have any of you guys tried any Australian beers? No I don't mean Fosters (tastes like camel pi$$......not that I've tasted camel pi$$ :P) I mean others like Boags or Cascade or even Crown.
FLETCH

667 The NEIGHBOUR of the BEAST!

hennef

Post#44 » Thu Dec 22, 2005 9:05 am

hey FLETCH,

is the sun going to set as it normally does, or are there any strange thingies going on today?

Sysop
Site Admin

Post#45 » Thu Dec 22, 2005 1:00 pm

FLETCH wrote:Have any of you guys tried any Australian beers? No I don't mean Fosters (tastes like camel pi$$......not that I've tasted camel pi$$ :P) I mean others like Boags or Cascade or even Crown.

Does the toilet water really go down the drain the other way??? 8)
Best Regards,

Joe

Return to “Comments About Circus-Maximus.com”