Important info on Game runs when all turns are in.

What do you like about what's going on at Circus-Maximus.com? Or, if you're the whiny type, tell us what stinks! We may not fix it, but we'll listen...

Moderators: BitMask, Havok

Zaphod Beeblebrox

Important info on Game runs when all turns are in.

Post#1 » Thu Jan 26, 2006 8:27 pm

I have a suspicion that many of the players here are not aware that when a game runs 'early' (before the next scheduled run) because all of the turns are in the next normally scheduled run is skipped.

Maybe this is why so many people wait until just before the game is supposed to run to send in their turns? They think the game is going to run as soon as they send in their turn and then it will run again the next day? I really can't imagine any other reason anyone would take three of four days to do a ten minute turn.

hennef

Re: Important info on Game runs when all turns are in.

Post#2 » Thu Jan 26, 2006 10:08 pm

Zaphod Beeblebrox wrote:I have a suspicion that many of the players here are not aware that when a game runs 'early' (before the next scheduled run) because all of the turns are in the next normally scheduled run is skipped.

Maybe this is why so many people wait until just before the game is supposed to run to send in their turns? They think the game is going to run as soon as they send in their turn and then it will run again the next day? I really can't imagine any other reason anyone would take three of four days to do a ten minute turn.
the early turns are the hardest. you need to decide weather to take the left planet, or the right one :P
have fun!

hennef

Cherek

Post#3 » Thu Jan 26, 2006 11:25 pm

Zaphod Beeblebrox wrote:Maybe this is why so many people wait until just before the game is supposed to run to send in their turns? They think the game is going to run as soon as they send in their turn and then it will run again the next day? I really can't imagine any other reason anyone would take three of four days to do a ten minute turn.
I think you might be right for a lot of the players. But that isn't always the case. I know of one player who is consistently the last or next to the last player to get his turn in. Maybe he is doing it because he knows how much it irritates me to wait for a game to host.
The line below is true.
The line above is false.

Cherek

Sysop
Site Admin

Post#4 » Thu Jan 26, 2006 11:46 pm

Commodore Cherek, IRJTN wrote:
Zaphod Beeblebrox wrote:Maybe this is why so many people wait until just before the game is supposed to run to send in their turns? They think the game is going to run as soon as they send in their turn and then it will run again the next day? I really can't imagine any other reason anyone would take three of four days to do a ten minute turn.
I think you might be right for a lot of the players. But that isn't always the case. I know of one player who is consistently the last or next to the last player to get his turn in. Maybe he is doing it because he knows how much it irritates me to wait for a game to host.
I'm surprised he hasn't replied. Maybe he's on the road.
Best Regards,

Joe

Trillian

Post#5 » Fri Jan 27, 2006 3:06 am

You may be right. But he isn't in my game.
Trillian

hennef

Post#6 » Sat Jan 28, 2006 8:25 am

Trillian wrote:
LOL. is your turn in already? :wink:
have fun!

hennef

Cherek

Post#7 » Sat Jan 28, 2006 9:27 am

hennef wrote:LOL. is your turn in already? :wink:
All five of my turns are in. :lol:
The line below is true.
The line above is false.

Cherek

Trillian

Post#8 » Sat Jan 28, 2006 11:24 am

hennef wrote:
Trillian wrote:
Commodore Cherek, IRJTN wrote: I think you might be right for a lot of the players. But that isn't always the case. I know of one player who is consistently the last or next to the last player to get his turn in. Maybe he is doing it because he knows how much it irritates me to wait for a game to host.
LOL. is your turn in already? :wink:
Yes, my turn has been in for days. I am waiting IMPATIENTLY.
Trillian

Zaphod Beeblebrox

Post#9 » Sat Jan 28, 2006 11:50 am

I can understand that you might not be able to get your turn in every day once the game is up to turn 20 or 30 (see my post on my ideal game) but the people who can't do a turn every day during the first ten or fifteen turns are quite annoying.

By turn 25 I'm generally up to 200-250 ops per turn. By turn 35 I'm over 350. I don't know about the rest of you, but for me, that takes a while. Not to mention I do everything by hand, pretty much. I'm not using RandGen/RandMax. PCC is nice in that I can automate some things, but I do all my builds on my planets by hand. I think that improves my economy. (You can check my score in Acropolis to see the results of my economy. :P )

The only other reason I can think of for not being able to get a ten minute turn in every day is because you're in WAY too many games. I had that problem and dropped several games. I was, by the way, winning those games when I had to drop them, too.

It just annoys the hell out of me when I see someone who can't manage to get their turn in until ten minuets before the host runs because they are in five other games. That's just a bit rude, really.

*Zaphod climbs down off his soap box with a huge sigh*

hennef

Post#10 » Sat Jan 28, 2006 4:15 pm

Zaphod Beeblebrox wrote:
I can understand that you might not be able to get your turn in every day once the game is up to turn 20 or 30 (see my post on my ideal game) but the people who can't do a turn every day during the first ten or fifteen turns are quite annoying.

By turn 25 I'm generally up to 200-250 ops per turn. By turn 35 I'm over 350. I don't know about the rest of you, but for me, that takes a while. Not to mention I do everything by hand, pretty much. I'm not using RandGen/RandMax. PCC is nice in that I can automate some things, but I do all my builds on my planets by hand. I think that improves my economy. (You can check my score in Acropolis to see the results of my economy. :P )

The only other reason I can think of for not being able to get a ten minute turn in every day is because you're in WAY too many games. I had that problem and dropped several games. I was, by the way, winning those games when I had to drop them, too.

It just annoys the hell out of me when I see someone who can't manage to get their turn in until ten minuets before the host runs because they are in five other games. That's just a bit rude, really.

*Zaphod climbs down off his soap box with a huge sigh*
of course you were winning them all :lol:
have fun!

hennef

Zaphod Beeblebrox

Post#11 » Sat Jan 28, 2006 7:41 pm

hennef wrote: of course you were winning them all :lol:
Well, having the highest score usually counts for something, yes?

Cherek

Post#12 » Sat Jan 28, 2006 8:53 pm

(edited)
So, do you think we should create a list of chronic last player submitters/game hold-uppers?
The line below is true.
The line above is false.

Cherek

Sysop
Site Admin

Post#13 » Sat Jan 28, 2006 10:22 pm

Commodore Cherek, IRJTN wrote:(edited)
So, do you think we should create a list of chronic last player submitters/game hold-uppers?

How about a....

CONTSTANTLY HOLDING UP THE GAME List.
Best Regards,

Joe

Trillian

Post#14 » Sun Jan 29, 2006 1:30 am

I think we all have one of those lists kept in our heads right now.
Trillian

Cherek

Post#15 » Sun Jan 29, 2006 9:37 am

Can AutoTroll be setup to host a game early when all the turns are in except one or say when 90% of the turns are in?
The line below is true.
The line above is false.

Cherek

Return to “Comments About Circus-Maximus.com”