Question

What do you like about what's going on at Circus-Maximus.com? Or, if you're the whiny type, tell us what stinks! We may not fix it, but we'll listen...

Moderators: BitMask, Havok

Battlestar Host

Question

Post#1 » Thu Jul 28, 2005 11:31 pm

Hey, I see on the main page news section that on 6/05 you said you had the developer profile for Merlyn. I DON"T see one??? Or am I missing something?
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Wayne, THE SHOOTIST.

Sysop
Site Admin

Re: Question

Post#2 » Fri Jul 29, 2005 7:34 am

Battlestar Host wrote:Hey, I see on the main page news section that on 6/05 you said you had the developer profile for Merlyn. I DON"T see one??? Or am I missing something?

Ed,

The link must have been over written while doing an update. Thanks for pointing that out. I'll get it right back online.

Joe

Cherek

Post#3 » Tue Aug 23, 2005 12:30 pm

I noticed that there is no link back to your homepage from the forum. Your Circus-Maximus.com takes you back to the forum when you click on it. Would you consider changing the banner to your homepage instead of back to the forum?

Yes Ed, I know.
The line below is true.
The line above is false.

Cherek

Sysop
Site Admin

Post#4 » Tue Aug 23, 2005 6:22 pm

Cherek wrote:I noticed that there is no link back to your homepage from the forum. Your Circus-Maximus.com takes you back to the forum when you click on it. Would you consider changing the banner to your homepage instead of back to the forum?

Yes Ed, I know.

Done
Best Regards,

Joe

Cherek

Post#5 » Tue Aug 23, 2005 7:57 pm

Sysop wrote:
Cherek wrote:I noticed that there is no link back to your homepage from the forum. Your Circus-Maximus.com takes you back to the forum when you click on it. Would you consider changing the banner to your homepage instead of back to the forum?

Yes Ed, I know.

Done

Cool, thanks. I'm lazy and I really don't like to do too much clicking to go to place to place
The line below is true.
The line above is false.

Cherek

Battlestar Host

LOL

Post#6 » Thu Aug 25, 2005 2:42 pm

Cherek wrote:
Sysop wrote:

Yes Ed, I know.

Done

Cool, thanks. I'm lazy and I really don't like to do too much clicking to go to place to place

No comment..... :lol: :lol: :lol:
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Wayne, THE SHOOTIST.

Cherek

Re: LOL

Post#7 » Thu Aug 25, 2005 3:06 pm

Battlestar Host wrote:
Cherek wrote:Cool, thanks. I'm lazy and I really don't like to do too much clicking to go to place to place

No comment..... :lol: :lol: :lol:

At least I'll admit it. :wink:
The line below is true.
The line above is false.

Cherek

Cherek

Post#8 » Sat Aug 27, 2005 8:41 am

On the game page, is it possible to have the player name or turn status to change color to indicate if a player turn has been received or not? If it can be done, I think green for the turn is in and red for the turn is missing would be good.

Did you read this Ed?
The line below is true.
The line above is false.

Cherek

Battlestar Host

Lazy People

Post#9 » Sat Aug 27, 2005 12:25 pm

Commodore Cherek, IRJTN wrote:On the game page, is it possible to have the player name or turn status to change color to indicate if a player turn has been received or not? If it can be done, I think green for the turn is in and red for the turn is missing would be good.

Did you read this Ed?

Thats just for lazy people who can't read... :? IMHO. Anyway.. how about changing that link at the top of the page... "Back to Homepage" so that it will open the homepage in a new window instead of eliminating the forum page? Thats for lazy people like myself who need to have both pages open... :D Just a suggestion.

Ed

Cherek

Post#10 » Sat Aug 27, 2005 12:45 pm

I already admitted that I'm lazy, why read when you can scan? 8) When I read something (like forums) I find myself occasionally wanting to make a comment.

Ed, if you would notice the all of the links on the homepage open into the homepage window, except the forum link which opens in a new window.

That is why asked if could add a link back to his homepage. Once I'm back at the homepage, I click on the forum link to open another window to the forum. What would REALLY be nice, is if he could setup his links like on his homepage to show up in the forum and they open up in a new window. :D
The line below is true.
The line above is false.

Cherek

Cherek

Post#11 » Sat Aug 27, 2005 12:51 pm

Right about now, I'm sure someone is saying "Why did Commodore Cherek, IRJTN have to come to my site?" :lol:
The line below is true.
The line above is false.

Cherek

Shardin5

Post#12 » Sat Aug 27, 2005 1:36 pm

Poor Havok,
Poor Poor Havok,
Little did he know the activity his website would be getting by starting the wrong type of game (Shark). Its good for the website, I just hope as the 3 games get moving along the site can handle all the trash talking that will be going on. As for Red or Green if you just open your eyes, you can see who's turns are in and missing by the open or filled spots on the turn status. Or are your eyes getting as bad as your knees? and failing you in your old age?

Sysop
Site Admin

Post#13 » Sat Aug 27, 2005 2:50 pm

Commodore Cherek, IRJTN wrote:On the game page, is it possible to have the player name or turn status to change color to indicate if a player turn has been received or not? If it can be done, I think green for the turn is in and red for the turn is missing would be good.

Did you read this Ed?

That's something I've considered, it's just on the back burner right now. Try sitting a little closer to the screen... Maybe use your finger on each line like a speed reader :lol:
Best Regards,

Joe

Sysop
Site Admin

Re: Lazy People

Post#14 » Sat Aug 27, 2005 2:53 pm

Battlestar Host wrote:

Did you read this Ed?

Thats just for lazy people who can't read... :? IMHO. Anyway.. how about changing that link at the top of the page... "Back to Homepage" so that it will open the homepage in a new window instead of eliminating the forum page? Thats for lazy people like myself who need to have both pages open... :D Just a suggestion.

Ed

Ed & everyone,

The original reason I put the forums link as a new window on the main menu was because it's got it's own template, that wouldn't work out with my sites templates... so it got it's own window...

Then I recently put in that cool little mod on the homepage, but it doesn't do the links into a new window, and I can't change the code ARG, so it changes the active window...

But if the you guys reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaally want me to make the link at the top open a new window back to the HP. I might comply this evening.
Best Regards,

Joe

Cherek

Post#15 » Sat Aug 27, 2005 2:53 pm

Nope, I see quite well, with my glasses. :wink: My left knee is okay, the right one, well that is still yet to be determined. I'll see what the quack, I mean doctor has to say on Monday.

At glance, I can tell who and how many turn are not in. That way, I won't have to read line, by line, by line, by line, by line, by line, by line, by line, by line, by line.
The line below is true.
The line above is false.

Cherek

Return to “Comments About Circus-Maximus.com”