Game page link to forum?

What do you like about what's going on at Circus-Maximus.com? Or, if you're the whiny type, tell us what stinks! We may not fix it, but we'll listen...

Moderators: BitMask, Havok

Kid Khan

Game page link to forum?

Post#1 » Thu May 11, 2006 4:21 am

May be this has been discussed before since its kinda obvious. If so, sorry, I didn't find it.

Would it be possible to add a direct link on the game pages to the related game forum? I guess that might increase forum participation, at least the actual game chatter.

Havok
Site Admin

Re: Game page link to forum?

Post#2 » Thu May 11, 2006 5:13 am

Kid Khan wrote:May be this has been discussed before since its kinda obvious. If so, sorry, I didn't find it.

Would it be possible to add a direct link on the game pages to the related game forum? I guess that might increase forum participation, at least the actual game chatter.

Not at this time. The game pages are made by autotroll, and there's no variable for what you're asking. I've already thought of it :)
Regards,
][avok

Kid Khan

Post#3 » Thu May 11, 2006 5:57 am

Havok wrote:The game pages are made by autotroll, and there's no variable for what you're asking. I've already thought of it :)

May be Merlyn knows a way? Isn't he using autotroll as well for his gamepages? He's got this link! But may be he's not actually using the standard page creation routines from autotroll, but tweaked it a little bit...

Havok
Site Admin

Post#4 » Thu May 11, 2006 12:30 pm

Kid Khan wrote:
Havok wrote:The game pages are made by autotroll, and there's no variable for what you're asking. I've already thought of it :)
May be Merlyn knows a way? Isn't he using autotroll as well for his gamepages? He's got this link! But may be he's not actually using the standard page creation routines from autotroll, but tweaked it a little bit...
He does, but his site design is a lot different than mine.

My next one will be .PHP based like the forums.

The current pages are static html based off templates.

I think Merlyn is using .ASP
Regards,
][avok

Cherek

Post#5 » Thu May 11, 2006 2:35 pm

I kind of like it this way. One big advantage is that I can see all the forums on one page without having to go to a game page and then go to the forum. When you are in 5 games, it is a whole lot convenient to traverse. Also, in case you haven’t notice, I like to browse ALL the forums and Merlyn’s is kind of hard to that.
The line below is true.
The line above is false.

Cherek

Shardin5

Post#6 » Thu May 11, 2006 4:35 pm

Havok wrote:
Kid Khan wrote:

If you are turn on the Cloak immune in Wing Commander, maybe Merlyn will help you out :-& :twisted:
Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference.
The US Marines don't have that problem.
President Ronald Reagan

Shardin5

Post#7 » Thu May 11, 2006 4:38 pm

Havok wrote:
Kid Khan wrote:

If you turn on the Cloak Immune in Wing Commander, maybe Merlyn will help you out. :twisted: :-# :mrgreen: :-'
Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference.
The US Marines don't have that problem.
President Ronald Reagan

Kid Khan

Post#8 » Thu May 11, 2006 4:38 pm

Commodore Cherek, IRJTN wrote:I kind of like it this way. One big advantage is that I can see all the forums on one page without having to go to a game page and then go to the forum. When you are in 5 games, it is a whole lot convenient to traverse. Also, in case you haven’t notice, I like to browse ALL the forums and Merlyn’s is kind of hard to that.

Its not a question of either-or. I also like this design way better than the game-page-ONLY-links, since there is a lot more talk about non-game related topics than the actual games itself. But there's always room for small improvements, isn't it? ;)
Another one of those would be the reversed link: from the game-forum to the game-page...

Cherek

Post#9 » Thu May 11, 2006 5:01 pm

Kid Khan wrote:
Commodore Cherek, IRJTN wrote:I kind of like it this way. One big advantage is that I can see all the forums on one page without having to go to a game page and then go to the forum. When you are in 5 games, it is a whole lot convenient to traverse. Also, in case you haven’t notice, I like to browse ALL the forums and Merlyn’s is kind of hard to that.

Its not a question of either-or. I also like this design way better than the game-page-ONLY-links, since there is a lot more talk about non-game related topics than the actual games itself. But there's always room for small improvements, isn't it? ;)
Another one of those would be the reversed link: from the game-forum to the game-page...
MOst of the time they start game related and then someone makes a comment, then some else comment, and so on and so on ..., that happens at Merlyn also. That is better than having a game that is on turn 50 and it has only two posts in the forum and both of them is from host.
The line below is true.
The line above is false.

Cherek

Return to “Comments About Circus-Maximus.com”