When will Arrow of Apollo Start???

Moderators: BitMask, Havok

Cardno

Post#16 » Thu Jan 11, 2007 3:52 am

Klauser wrote:
Cardno wrote:On a more serious note, i read in the paper today about how many US servicemen are um how do i put this....... 'getting together' with other servicemen's wives.... norty norty stuff guys!
Jeez ... THAT is old news.

When I was stationed in Germany during the early 80's, REFORGER (the annual combined arms exercise in Central Europe) was a MAJOR cause of many divorces. Many wives who were left to entertain themselves for weeks on end ... did just that. Others went further and found ways to "supplement their incomes" during REFORGER.

Talk about "norty norty"! :twisted:
Heck they needed to supplement their incomes??

They obviously don't remunerate the US forces as much as I would have thought.....

Cherek

Post#17 » Thu Jan 11, 2007 9:49 am

Cardno wrote:On a more serious note, i read in the paper today about how many US servicemen are um how do i put this....... 'getting together' with other servicemen's wives.... norty norty stuff guys!
In the early 80's, I was station at Ft. Hood, TX, home at the time 2nd Armor Division and 1st Calvary Division for 4 years, 2 months and 3 days. Every year, each Division would have a 3 week exercise but at different times. Divorce lawyers offices were always busy shortly after one of those Division exercises. Shoot, I know a woman who was married 5 times in the time I was there, all to soldiers.
The line below is true.
The line above is false.

Cherek

Havok
Site Admin

Military Wives & Girlfriends

Post#18 » Thu Jan 11, 2007 10:56 am

We used to have a saying when I was in the Navy about the women on the pier.

We used to say "She's not waving goodbye to you, she's waving hello to the ship taking our berth"
Regards,
][avok

B A N E

Post#19 » Thu Jan 11, 2007 11:15 am

:snake:
Understanding is a three-edged sword.
Your side,
their side,
and the truth.

Shardin5

Post#20 » Thu Jan 11, 2007 11:17 am

I thought WestPac widows were bad. I never did a WestPac, I could always tell though when one was out, when I came back from somewhere.
The LBFM's were all over the Bar's, it is always a Sad part of the Military life for those that are to YOUNG emotionaly to get married.
Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference.
The US Marines don't have that problem.
President Ronald Reagan

Havok
Site Admin

Post#21 » Thu Jan 11, 2007 11:49 am

Enemy#1 wrote:I thought WestPac widows were bad. I never did a WestPac, I could always tell though when one was out, when I came back from somewhere.
The LBFM's were all over the Bar's, it is always a Sad part of the Military life for those that are to YOUNG emotionaly to get married.
Yeap that's a fact. That's why I didn't get married while I was in... You can't be married and live single... It don't work :)
Regards,
][avok

Shardin5

Post#22 » Thu Jan 11, 2007 12:06 pm

I was bound and determined not to get Married while I was in as well, but on my second tour, oh well, but its been 18years now, but it would never had worked on the 1st tour, thats for sure. I also lucked out she was a Marine Corp Brat, with a Sgt Major for a dad, so she was well versed in the Marine Life. Granted Retired Sgt Major wasn't to hip with a Cpl(at the time) for a son-in-law, but he only threatens my life once a year now, instead of everytime he saw me, so I must have grown on him.
Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference.
The US Marines don't have that problem.
President Ronald Reagan

Cardno

Post#23 » Sat Jan 13, 2007 1:40 am

Commodore Cherek, IRJTN wrote:
In the early 80's, I was station at Ft. Hood, TX, home at the time 2nd Armor Division and 1st Calvary Division for 4 years, 2 months and 3 days. Every year, each Division would have a 3 week exercise but at different times. Divorce lawyers offices were always busy shortly after one of those Division exercises. Shoot, I know a woman who was married 5 times in the time I was there, all to soldiers.
Mate - did she want her own platoon or something???? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Cherek

Post#24 » Sat Jan 13, 2007 6:25 am

Cardno wrote:
All I can say is that her brother-in-law says she does her best work on her back.
The line below is true.
The line above is false.

Cherek

hennef

Post#25 » Sat Jan 13, 2007 6:42 am

Cardno wrote:
Commodore Cherek, IRJTN wrote: In the early 80's, I was station at Ft. Hood, TX, home at the time 2nd Armor Division and 1st Calvary Division for 4 years, 2 months and 3 days. Every year, each Division would have a 3 week exercise but at different times. Divorce lawyers offices were always busy shortly after one of those Division exercises. Shoot, I know a woman who was married 5 times in the time I was there, all to soldiers.
All I can say is that her brother-in-law says she does her best work on her back.
car mechanic? :-k :withstupid:
have fun!

hennef

Cherek

Post#26 » Sat Jan 13, 2007 11:52 am

hennef wrote:
Commodore Cherek, IRJTN wrote:All I can say is that her brother-in-law says she does her best work on her back.
car mechanic? :-k :withstupid:
Nope, that would require her to do some work.
The line below is true.
The line above is false.

Cherek

Cardno

Post#27 » Sat Jan 13, 2007 3:54 pm

You would have to question the sanity of no. 5 - ya think he would have guessed that something might be 'wrong' with such a long line of predecessors!

Cherek

Post#28 » Sat Jan 13, 2007 4:03 pm

Cardno wrote:You would have to question the sanity of no. 5 - ya think he would have guessed that something might be 'wrong' with such a long line of predecessors!
What's worst, even when I was single, there wasn't enough alcohol to make me want her. :drunk02: :puke:
The line below is true.
The line above is false.

Cherek

Cardno

Post#29 » Sat Jan 13, 2007 4:08 pm

Cardno wrote:You would have to question the sanity of no. 5 - ya think he would have guessed that something might be 'wrong' with such a long line of predecessors!
What's worst, even when I was single, there wasn't enough alcohol to make me want her. :drunk02: :puke:
Just as well i reckon.

Hey Cherek - did you get my rst for Apollo?

Return to “Messages From Old Games”