fuel dump exploded

Moderators: BitMask, Havok

radi

fuel dump exploded

Post#1 » Thu May 10, 2007 9:25 am

Hi there,

maybe somebody can explain it to me.
I just received a Distress Call from 1 of my planets telling that the fuel dump has exploded. Also most of the Natives (60/70% and Colonists > 90%) where killed. Mines and factories where destroyed as well.
Why ?
RGA would change the happiness
Fascist Pillage would as well
Glory device wouldn't destroy the structures
Meteor (we don't have meteor ey)
I've never seen that message and I just wanna know, what has caused the action so that I can plan to act against it.

kind regards,
any help appreciated

Radi
Kind regards

Radi

Julius Atreides

Post#2 » Thu May 10, 2007 9:34 am

Not too long ago I think someone else posted asking about a strange planetary destress and damage. Maybe it was the same, I don't remember.

Time to try my search-fu.

B A N E

Post#3 » Thu May 10, 2007 9:38 am

That's usually a data mismatch between player and host files
or
Two+ players using same reg code but not compiling trns same time.

Oh Klauser!?
Understanding is a three-edged sword.
Your side,
their side,
and the truth.

Julius Atreides

Post#4 » Thu May 10, 2007 9:40 am

So it's a built in slam in case of cheating even though it can happen occasionally when folks are not intentionally doing any wrong?

B A N E

Post#5 » Thu May 10, 2007 9:42 am

Yes.

PHost's anti-cheating code is much less ruthless and less error prone.
Your side,
their side,
and the truth.

radi

Post#6 » Thu May 10, 2007 10:03 am

B A N E wrote:That's usually a data mismatch between player and host files
or

Oh Klauser!?
1. I have sent only 1 TRN-File and I don't think anybody else knows my 8-9 year old regcode. I never had a problem like this before.
2. I'm using only WINPLAN for playing and parallel ECHOView fro looking like all the time before.
3. If this only happened once on this one planet I don't like it but I will live with it (at least I have to). But if this happens now more aften especially when it hits f.e. my HW I probably will leave the game quite early. (Because I then can't do anything against the others).

And last but definitely not least. For this and any future games I would like to know whether there is something I can do against it.

Greetings
Kind regards

Radi

B A N E

Post#7 » Thu May 10, 2007 10:30 am

PM Havok and Klauser asking them to look into this.

It's a scenario with modified data files.
Havok, being host can look for clues on his side.
Klauser being designer can look for clues with the scenario.

If everything is clean on your end, (no insinuation of foul play),
Then there was glitch on host side or in TRN transmission.

If it's a glitch, Havok historically doesn't mind rerolls to fix such
a problem.
Your side,
their side,
and the truth.

Klauser

Post#8 » Thu May 10, 2007 11:36 am

or

Oh Klauser!?
Yeah, yeah. I hear ya.

That's the third occasion I've heard of that happening with a modded scenario I've put together. If this runs like the other two occurances, it will be a one-time hit and life will go on.

Both other occurances came from players running DOS Planets with VPA. What player interface are you using radi??

In the past occurrances I looked at the data files from both the developer (meaning me) side and the player side and have found no obvious errors. IIRC, the HOST log files show no errors either. Having said that, ][avok - could you check the HOST log files just to see if you've seen any problems on your end.

I don't know what to tell you guys - my gut instinct tells me there is minor incompatability with my modded data files and HOST.
](*,)

If it makes you feel any better - I was one of the players hit by this problem in SFB ...
Klauser

"Any ship can be a minesweeper ... once!"

radi

Post#9 » Thu May 10, 2007 12:12 pm

Klauser wrote:
or

Oh Klauser!?
Yeah, yeah. I hear ya.

That's the third occasion I've heard of that happening with a modded scenario I've put together. If this runs like the other two occurances, it will be a one-time hit and life will go on.

Both other occurances came from players running DOS Planets with VPA. What player interface are you using radi??

In the past occurrances I looked at the data files from both the developer (meaning me) side and the player side and have found no obvious errors. IIRC, the HOST log files show no errors either. Having said that, ][avok - could you check the HOST log files just to see if you've seen any problems on your end.

I don't know what to tell you guys - my gut instinct tells me there is minor incompatability with my modded data files and HOST.
](*,)

If it makes you feel any better - I was one of the players hit by this problem in SFB ...
Oh yeah I feal really great now ;-)
As I#ve said I use Winplan together with Echoview.
And if it is a one-time, I will live with it, it was not one of the major Planets although not bad, there were natives.
Once I was hit by a Meteor on the HW that was really bad.

If you or Havok need any more info, please let me know.

greetings
Kind regards

Radi

Havok
Site Admin

Re: fuel dump exploded

Post#10 » Thu May 10, 2007 12:25 pm

radi wrote:Hi there,

maybe somebody can explain it to me.
I just received a Distress Call from 1 of my planets telling that the fuel dump has exploded. Also most of the Natives (60/70% and Colonists > 90%) where killed. Mines and factories where destroyed as well.
Why ?
RGA would change the happiness
Fascist Pillage would as well
Glory device wouldn't destroy the structures
Meteor (we don't have meteor ey)
I've never seen that message and I just wanna know, what has caused the action so that I can plan to act against it.

kind regards,
any help appreciated

Radi
I'll be checking the log files as soon as AutoTroll finishes catching up.
Regards,
][avok

Havok
Site Admin

Post#11 » Thu May 10, 2007 12:29 pm

radi wrote:
Klauser wrote:
or

Oh Klauser!?
Yeah, yeah. I hear ya.

](*,)

Oh yeah I feal really great now ;-)
As I#ve said I use Winplan together with Echoview.
And if it is a one-time, I will live with it, it was not one of the major Planets although not bad, there were natives.
Once I was hit by a Meteor on the HW that was really bad.

If you or Havok need any more info, please let me know.

greetings
Try having your HW hit with a meteor on the 3rd turn of a game. :)
Regards,
][avok

B A N E

Post#12 » Thu May 10, 2007 12:33 pm

Havok wrote: Try having your HW hit with a meteor on the 3rd turn of a game. :)
Somebody call my name?
Been there, done that!

I hate big meteors almost as much as I hate the borg.
:lol:
Your side,
their side,
and the truth.

hennef

Post#13 » Thu May 10, 2007 1:10 pm

i also had one strange glitch in sfb. i could continually let it happen on the same planet - it had something to do with the fighters on my ship and the planets base and it made my turns go bad. but i just left the planet be and continued the game, since then nothing strange happened.

i hope you can continue without further problems as well radi - good luck, you will need it :P
have fun!

hennef

Klauser

Post#14 » Thu May 10, 2007 2:28 pm

hennef wrote:i also had one strange glitch in sfb. i could continually let it happen on the same planet - it had something to do with the fighters on my ship and the planets base and it made my turns go bad. but i just left the planet be and continued the game, since then nothing strange happened.

i hope you can continue without further problems as well radi - good luck, you will need it :P
Repeated errors??? REALLY?!?!?

If you can tell me what ship class it was, I can go back into the data files and re-re-check the data for that ship.

Thanks,
Klauser

"Any ship can be a minesweeper ... once!"

warpedboard

Post#15 » Thu May 10, 2007 3:03 pm

Klauser wrote:Repeated errors??? REALLY?!?!?

If you can tell me what ship class it was, I can go back into the data files and re-re-check the data for that ship.

Thanks,
I know that sound well... if you listen closely, you can almost hear the developer salivating at having a bug that is reproducable instead of continually random...

Return to “Messages From Old Games”