Coming Soon

Moderators: BitMask, Havok

warpedboard

Coming Soon

Post#1 » Mon Jun 18, 2007 10:53 am

I'm doing some final testing of modifications made to the Arrow of Apollo scenario, and hope to have it open later this week. In the meantime, I thought I'd lay out the changes made & make the documentation available so anyone interested can get an early start.

Here's the new map for this game:
The 2 teams occupy the clusters in the upper left (each team in its own), with Earth being someone in that lower-right cluster.

And here's the zipped player doc:
http://www.circus-maximus.com/wb/PlayerDocs_v3.zip

Changes made from v1 (this is actually v3; v2 is run on my own host & more modifications were made based on what's being seen there):
  • Dropped race 7 altogether -- they were Colonial Fleet Govt, but that made it a 6-5 game, which only added to balancing difficulties. Divvied up most of their special ships to the other races.
  • Raptor S-Class has less crew, cargo, and hull mass; slightly increased fuel. It also remains a gravitonic ship.
  • Colonial SpecOps ground attack/defense ratios now both 2:1
  • Cylon Command can now build Omni Scanships
  • Cylon Sensor Division can now build Foundries
  • # of ships defending Earth reduced
  • Vengeance Raider now can FTL
  • Added planet exchange system ("gpX" friendly code)
  • Raider AE fuel dropped to 110 (was 170)
  • Assimilation rate reduced to 60%; balance between too-easy takeover of remote clusters, extra use of natives, and ability to takeover worlds quickly.
  • Foundry slightly cheaper to build
  • Planetary guns cheaper to build / use
  • Stealth detect range upped from 0ly (same location) to 20ly; this affects ALL ships, not just Omni
  • Upped Omni stealth detect % to 75
  • Rob Fail is as 40%
  • Map changed to prevent "sit back and build up" scenario... teams are close enough now that combat will start happening sooner
Think that covers it all... feel free to discuss & blast me while I finish things up, and get ready to fight for the future of humanity (or... robotity??)!

Cherek

Post#2 » Mon Jun 18, 2007 11:32 am

What about race 5 and their Gravitonic accelerators engines?
The line below is true.
The line above is false.

Cherek

warpedboard

Post#3 » Mon Jun 18, 2007 11:42 am

Commodore Cherek, IRJTN wrote:What about race 5 and their Gravitonic accelerators engines?
Took 'em out for v2, turned out to be too big a nerf for that race; dropping of cargo size, upping of Rob Fail, slight drop of combat ratio, and increase in stealth detection done to counterbalance the gravitonics.

Havok
Site Admin

Post#4 » Mon Jun 18, 2007 1:10 pm

Looking good WB!
Regards,
][avok

warpedboard

Post#5 » Mon Jun 18, 2007 1:13 pm

Thanks... this has definitely been a learning experience; mainly that "balance" depends almost as much on the players as the game setup itself. Getting a balance that accommodates multiple play styles & level of experience is a real ](*,)

Cherek

Post#6 » Mon Jun 18, 2007 1:21 pm

warpedboard wrote:
Commodore Cherek, IRJTN wrote:What about race 5 and their Gravitonic accelerators engines?
Took 'em out for v2, turned out to be too big a nerf for that race; dropping of cargo size, upping of Rob Fail, slight drop of combat ratio, and increase in stealth detection done to counterbalance the gravitonics.
Did you take out Race 5 or the Gravitonic accelerators engines from Race 5? Just wondering since the Raptor-S still has Gravitonic accelerators engines.
The line below is true.
The line above is false.

Cherek

warpedboard

Post#7 » Mon Jun 18, 2007 1:35 pm

Commodore Cherek, IRJTN wrote:
warpedboard wrote:
Did you take out Race 5 or the Gravitonic accelerators engines from Race 5? Just wondering since the Raptor-S still has Gravitonic accelerators engines.
Both are in there... but the other things mentioned are intended to make it less of a powerhouse (can't drop as many clans; easier to spot & kill; harder for it to rob successfully). Problem w/ removing gravs is that then tow-capture can be a real PITA; plus, the Cylons have 2 HYP ships for faster movement & Colonials only have 1; the gravs address that issue as well.
And, on top of all the, the whole "gravs make it easier to find Earth, which unbalances the game" isn't such an issue, between all the FTL-capable ships, HYP ships, and the toning down of Earth's resources.

Cherek

Post#8 » Mon Jun 18, 2007 1:42 pm

But you also have to think about that the Colonies has a way to move their fleets a great distance in a short amount of time while the Cylon don't, unless the Cylon has a chunnel ship.
The line below is true.
The line above is false.

Cherek

warpedboard

Post#9 » Mon Jun 18, 2007 2:03 pm

Commodore Cherek, IRJTN wrote:But you also have to think about that the Colonies has a way to move their fleets a great distance in a short amount of time while the Cylon don't, unless the Cylon has a chunnel ship.
True enough... overall, the Colonies have a slight mobility advantage. That's hopefully balanced by the overall weaker fighting makeup of their fleet, and the Cylon's HYP/Assim/GivePlanet colonizing ability trifecta.

Could the Colonies try to build some gravs & tow some cheap warships over towards the Cylons near the beginning of the game? Yep. But one of the Cylon's lesser warships, or minefields, would wipe out that attack pretty easily. Depends on what each team/player uses for their strategy, just like any other game.

casebolt

Post#10 » Tue Jun 19, 2007 2:26 pm

I like it !!

Can you tell us what the S-Raptors cargo, weapons are>?

warpedboard

Post#11 » Tue Jun 19, 2007 2:44 pm

casebolt wrote:I like it !!

Can you tell us what the S-Raptors cargo, weapons are>?
2 engines/2 beams/1 torp
Mass 103 / Crew 95 / Fuel 300 / Cargo 115
33D/28T/61M/230MC

The link @ the beginning of this forum also leads to the PDF w/ info on all ships & races.

casebolt

Post#12 » Tue Jun 19, 2007 5:21 pm

The 40% rob rate will makes for better ballance, well done.

Hanno

Post#13 » Mon Jul 30, 2007 10:05 am

Map looks like a footprint. :)

I am considering joining if the team is fairly united. I could play CoM again. I have previous experience with this scenario and have looked over v3 mods. It looks like WB has been busy and seems to have made major improvement in balance.

Cheers!
Hanno

warpedboard

Post#14 » Mon Jul 30, 2007 1:27 pm

Hanno wrote:Map looks like a footprint. :)

I am considering joining if the team is fairly united. I could play CoM again. I have previous experience with this scenario and have looked over v3 mods. It looks like WB has been busy and seems to have made major improvement in balance.

Cheers!
Hanno
Join now! Or just give me the word! :D Trying to fill back in the gaps in the Colonial team so we can get going again... the 3 players left on that side seem to be pretty united, and having someone w/ previous experience in the scenario would be a great boon to them (much as it pains me to say, since you'd be playing AGAINST my side!).

Hanno

Post#15 » Mon Jul 30, 2007 7:18 pm

Alright, go ahead and put me in since I cannot join from this end.

Hanno
warpedboard wrote:
Hanno wrote:Map looks like a footprint. :)

Cheers!
Hanno
Join now! Or just give me the word! :D Trying to fill back in the gaps in the Colonial team so we can get going again... the 3 players left on that side seem to be pretty united, and having someone w/ previous experience in the scenario would be a great boon to them (much as it pains me to say, since you'd be playing AGAINST my side!).

Return to “Messages From Old Games”