Yes - end it.
50%
No - continue.
50%
Total votes: 8

Gilgamesh

NF 58 - another vote.

Post#1 » Thu Oct 15, 2009 5:01 pm

I know - I seem to be doing a few of these lately, but this time it was after discussion with another player...

Do we want to end this one? Once again the outcome seems to be pretty set.....
QI'DaS tuQ SoSlI'

Logain

Post#2 » Thu Oct 15, 2009 6:56 pm

OK... I'll bite. I have been focused against Psychohawk (EE) this game and have been making slow progress. His HW fell several turns ago and he's putting up the good fight as he falls back. I suspect he's been tied up on two fronts.

I believe the Cyborg might have the potential to take the top spot in the long run, but I don't have a chance to get to second... It just costs too much to kill a Gorbie with Dark Wings.

About time for another Klauser-created game to start! :D

Gilgamesh

Post#3 » Thu Oct 15, 2009 7:41 pm

I've been watching the top two spots but I see the gap between them slowly widening, so I think the writing's on the wall at this point.
QI'DaS tuQ SoSlI'

casebolt

Post#4 » Fri Oct 16, 2009 6:50 pm

I really think this Vote function should be adressed/talked over so it is not abused in support to end games by a "political vote.

This is really disturbing me in my vested time.

Gilgamesh

Post#5 » Fri Oct 16, 2009 10:52 pm

Fine. Open a thread and voice your concerns.
QI'DaS tuQ SoSlI'

casebolt

Post#6 » Sat Oct 17, 2009 3:07 am

Why dont you just drop, I just did voice my concern.

Gilgamesh

Post#7 » Sat Oct 17, 2009 6:53 am

You said you wanted to discuss it. Either open a thread and start a dialogue on it or quit whining. You're winning this game. Nobody is trying to rob you of a victory. Nothing is "political" here...

(What the hell does "political" mean in this context, anyway?)

Man - I think you just piss and moan for the fun of it. Do you wonder why folks don't want to be in any more games if you're in them?
QI'DaS tuQ SoSlI'

casebolt

Post#8 » Sat Oct 17, 2009 12:40 pm

I dont care about your opinion of me its none of my concern. The abuse of the Vote option is my concern.

The Game of VGA planets is playing the game not trying to end games because things are not going your way by way of Political Vote.

Captain Blood

Post#9 » Sat Oct 17, 2009 8:05 pm

Refusing to end games, where top 3 are already setled is waste of everybodys time as I see it. Assuming top 3 is what we play for.

I don´t find it interesting killing the remains of my enemies just to show them, rather I prefer starting in another game.

Trying to end games early, where the top positions can still change is naturally not acceptable.

Most games can unfortunently be predicted realtive early, but sometimes one get lucky and find a game who remain open for a long time.

In relation to NF 58 I don´t see what Casebolt might have against ending it early as he is leading the game at the moment. Naturally the players chasing Casebolt might be against it.

I figure you are talking about your Birdman Casebolt, when you express concern here.

Naturally one need to be part of a particular game to know when it is time to end it. Just because most games at this server is set to last 125 turns it don´t mean that they are supposed to last that long.
Regards,

Captain Blood

Gilgamesh

Post#10 » Sat Oct 17, 2009 8:37 pm

Geez - when a vote came up for NF 59 where I'm ahead of you, you whined because you thought you were being cheated out of a potential win. A vote comes up here where you're ahead of me and everyone else, and you whine because...........why are you whining this time, exactly? Are you not winning by enough of a margin or something?

Man - if I'm signed up for a game and I see you join, I'm dropping immediately. You are just too much of a poison pill....
Last edited by Gilgamesh on Sat Oct 17, 2009 10:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
QI'DaS tuQ SoSlI'

Logain

Post#11 » Sat Oct 17, 2009 8:52 pm

Captain Blood wrote: I figure you are talking about your Birdman Casebolt, when you express concern here.
Capt. Blood... Maybe you should read before you type. Casebolt has used his Pirate abilities well in this game and jumped out to an early lead we haven't been able to overcome. Even though Casebolt carries on a bit excessively in the forums, he hasn't messed with me and I haven't molested any of his outposts I've come across. If you'd read the posts, you'd see it's Casebolt and Gilgamesh that are hammering each other.

Just because you and I don't get along, doesn't mean others have a problem with me. I honor my commitments... Even when it's not convenient. :violent:

Gilgamesh

Post#12 » Sat Oct 17, 2009 10:41 pm

Actually Logain, I think the Captain is talking about Casebolt playing the Birds in NF 59(?)
QI'DaS tuQ SoSlI'

Logain

Post#13 » Sat Oct 17, 2009 11:30 pm

Gilgamesh wrote:Actually Logain, I think the Captain is talking about Casebolt playing the Birds in NF 59(?)
I hope you're right. if that's the case, my apologies to all for tearing the scab off a festering sore.

If not, it was a cheap shot.

casebolt

Post#14 » Sun Oct 18, 2009 4:14 am

Feds, Want to quit,
Lizards are soon to be eleminated, they get to vote?
Birds, not sure what they want to do sounds like they give up.
Fascist are soon to be eleminated, they get to vote?
Borg are in second place and for the first time we meet in battle and the game is going up for vote>? If the Borg want to throw in the towel I can see no point in continueing but if they want to continue there should be no stoping us by way of vote. I dont want any talk that the Borg can overcome the pirate in time that was said in message 2, NADA...
Crystals were eleminated, no Vote.
Empire are fighting the Bird and Fascist they have a 2 front war going, he wants to continue.
Bots have been pinned to 3 planets with over 25 Pirates ships sweeping their way in. They get to vote?
Rebels, not sure what they think but they are allied with the Borg.
COM are ship less next turn, with a SSD coming in to take out his HW and will then be eleminated, He gets to Vote?
I counted 220 warships that are Hostile toward me, I have 170 warships
I would like to know what the Borg/Rebel think of this and we can clear this up.

Gilgamesh

Post#15 » Sun Oct 18, 2009 8:36 am

Pffft - I had a reply to all that here but the best advice in these situations is: "don't feed the troll"...

If you're in the game, please vote. I'm sending a subspace out this turn to notify the players that don't frequent the forums.

Have a nice day, everyone.....
QI'DaS tuQ SoSlI'

Return to “Messages From Old Games”