a complaint

Moderators: BitMask, Havok

Tyrion

a complaint

Post by Tyrion » Sun Dec 26, 2010 6:45 pm

I was wondering is our host had to pay for the minerals out of his own pocket. If so, I may be willing to donate some funds to buy some rocks for my planets.

I just found a planet with a TOTAL of 667 minerals. Including ZERO Moly. I have never seen a planet with zero of anything in all the years I have been playing. The break for me, as the Fed, is that its too hot to settle, so is adjustable with our Genesis feature. Others may be less fortunate.

Seriously, the game is hard enough to play, but no minerals makes it a tougher

DarthHavoc2

Post by DarthHavoc2 » Sun Dec 26, 2010 7:17 pm

I've seen some pretty sparse planets myself. Of course the host settings are for random normal minerals on planets instead of random rich as I have often seen so that explains some of the lack of resources out there. It just means we all have to carefully watch our mineral use so we don't end up getting stuck not being able to build anything at all.

I'm thinking those alchemy ships are going to get a workout this game.
"Space is a tough place where wimps eat flaming plasma death!"
- Armin Trott

Shardin5

Post by Shardin5 » Sun Dec 26, 2010 11:22 pm

I may have to trade for a Genesis device. Trying to find planets warmer than 20 and cooler than 80 has been hard.

Granted, the Nasty and evil, CofM just took over a prized planet, he will have to pay dearly for it now.
Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference.
The US Marines don't have that problem.
President Ronald Reagan

JonnyDoH

Post by JonnyDoH » Mon Dec 27, 2010 5:39 am

Agreed. My home system is a little sparse as well. If not for the mini alchemy ships (the Armored Transports which I've nicknamed ATM'S), I think I'd be in dire straits.

I would be willing to pay for a genesis device or two as well-- I can provide fighters for the service, or a falcon if necessary. Of course, with my luck, I can only assume we are far, far far away from each other-- so I won't count on the deal.

=P

Shardin5

Post by Shardin5 » Tue Dec 28, 2010 10:11 am

It must be so Bad the Fed has climbed into his shell and wont do his turn.
Hope he is ok.
Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference.
The US Marines don't have that problem.
President Ronald Reagan

Mika

Post by Mika » Tue Dec 28, 2010 2:14 pm

well... all those desert worlds. I have them too.
But you guys don't have that 7mio bovo planet next to your hw??? I thought everyone got one placed there to compensate that.

Well... whatever
Oderint dum metuant.
---------------------------------------------
Bella gerant alii, tu, felix Austria, nube!

JonnyDoH

Post by JonnyDoH » Tue Dec 28, 2010 8:14 pm

Mika wrote:well... all those desert worlds. I have them too.
But you guys don't have that 7mio bovo planet next to your hw??? I thought everyone got one placed there to compensate that.

Well... whatever
Well, "next to" in terms of hyperspacing coordinates, yes. But right next door? Nope. =P

Tyrion

Post by Tyrion » Wed Dec 29, 2010 11:06 pm

Its Christmas!!. The turn is in, and I am back. wow look at all the responses to my post.

Genesis is a race feature, so any Genesis services required would need to be hired, and being the kind of guy who would do anything for money, we can be hired for the night of fun with your planet!!

The device looks real effective when there are so few minerals. Since I posted the original comment, I have been able to apply the Genesis feature to two planets. The first was disappointing with 1.1 Million Humans, at Tribal. The next one, however produced 7.9 Million Insects at participatory.. Both generated minerals (all in ground), of from 1200 to 4500 of each type. So this feature is real nice. btw, Humans and Insects are the only two races that make any sense for me in terraforming the planet. Humans for the obvious tech bonus, Insects for the cash.

Based on past games, the other Fed feature, "Move Natives" is a waste of time, as It doesn't work. as in not at all. It just doesnt exist. I got robbed there.

So if anyone wants a real nice ally and neighbor, drop me a line. we are always willing to listen.. And there are those refit possibilities, too..

Happy New year to All.

Bob

Mika

Post by Mika » Thu Dec 30, 2010 1:06 am

Well... I prefer avians instead of insectoids. Once taxed down to 70hp it takes ages for some insectoid governments to recover while those stupid birds forget what you did to them in two or three turns. And bovinoids are also nice... if you sell the supplies you get something around 600 - 700mc each turn PLUS whatever they pay when you tax them. Last but not least an alchemy ship in orbit around such a planet is a nice idea too... even tough you shouldn't have mineral problems with your genesis device.

When it comes to tech levels... ghipsoldals are as good as humanoids. Most of the time a good engine is needed while a lower hull tech ship is built (loki, bioscanner, etc).

Just my thoughts, but I will take what I get ;)

Mika
Oderint dum metuant.
---------------------------------------------
Bella gerant alii, tu, felix Austria, nube!

Return to “Messages From Old Games”