Ending no frills 78

Moderators: BitMask, Havok

Poll: Should NF 78 end?

Poll ended at Sat Jan 15, 2011 9:09 am

Yes, and the suggested result seems reasonable.
67%
Yes, but I diagree with the result - please suggest another
No votes
No, not right now, but at turn ......?
33%
Total votes: 3

Captain Blood

Ending no frills 78

Post#1 » Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:09 am

Greetings players

I will just say, that I believe it will make reason to end this game after this turn even if we are not that far in the game, turn 50.

I also see that the fight for 2nd and 3rd place in this game looks like it might not be settled. Actually they are, but the score is just not showing the result, I believe it will end like this if we continue.

First place: Privater. Captain Blood

Second: Bird, Rock Head

Third: Crystal, Caveguard

Reason for the above result, Bird have the entire lower section of the map including the former facist empire to conquer. As I agreed not to enter his part of the map he will in time rise to second position.

Crystal, not sure if he believe he have me where he want me, in the webs or fell the pressure rise against him. Anyway I am closing in on him slowly, just to make sure he will not become to large.

Colonial is currently second, mostly because he killed the EE early and got a good tonage score there. Unfortunently for him he is positioned in my part of the map and I believe I will make a good speed robbing and taking his planets once I decide to go there.

Robot have his defensive minefields, but as one said if a privater want to enter a area he will get there.

The Lizard did a nice job killing the cyborg in a good position and might likely have ended in top 3 had it not been because it would have been acroos my rising empire.

I hope we can agree about the above result, so that we can get to new challenges. I will send an in game message letting players know about the poll. Just leave a note once you have voted.
Regards,

Captain Blood

Captain Blood

Post#2 » Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:13 am

Voted.

I tried to add 3 options to the vote it seems it only accepted 2, how can that be, what did I do wrong?

Anyway option 3 was: No, not right now, but at turn ......?
Regards,

Captain Blood

Havok
Site Admin

Post#3 » Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:01 pm

I added your 3rd poll result. All you had to do was re-edit your original post.
Regards,
][avok

Dano Killer

Post#4 » Fri Jan 14, 2011 3:19 am

Your assessment and suggested standings are flawed on their face. Either we end this thing based on current standings or we see it to the end.

Funny thing about war, your enemy will always have a vote so either end this with the current standing or lets see it through. I'd rather go down fighting then give away my earned position based on some fictional future state.
Commander DanoKiller
Clovis CA (Home of Tim)
VGA Player since 1990

Captain Blood

Post#5 » Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:48 am

As I wrote in your post I believe it is your right not to accept a lesser position than your current score.

So I believe we will play a little more to see if my predictions was completely wrong or not.
Regards,

Captain Blood

Dano Killer

Post#6 » Fri Jan 14, 2011 3:38 pm

And I too believe we should play a little longer... glad to know we're in agreement.
Commander DanoKiller
Clovis CA (Home of Tim)
VGA Player since 1990

Rock Head

Post#7 » Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:00 pm

We could play longer and I agree with the Captain's prdictions. I will make it to 2nd place because I am still expanding and gaining points.
I guess if I could predict the future I would be rich so let's play it through and see.

Rock Head
Onward into the fog--Wet Willie

TimRIC

Post#8 » Thu Jan 20, 2011 3:18 am

I always was afraid to be at war with Privateer. In this game I have a fine possibility to fulfill tactics and strategy. I vote - "No".
Timofeev Mikhail aka TimRIC

Captain Blood

Post#9 » Wed Feb 09, 2011 3:24 pm

I am ready to end this at turn 60, with about 280 ships and as many bases as all remain players I find no more challenge in this game.

Those who wanted to try something have got there 10 turns then.
Regards,

Captain Blood

Rock Head

Post#10 » Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:13 pm

I vote to end the game

The Capt. has more percentage than the next 4 races.
Nobody will catch 2nd place, the Fa-shits is the "Q" and
the Lizard ships are being pulled off their planets and carried along in an ion storm. You will have to fight trough Capt. Blood to get me.
Caveguard, will you get the "Killer" for 3rd place?
How about you TimRc?
Otherwise, we should end the game.

Rock Head

Dano Killer

Post#11 » Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:10 pm

Negative, this game should proceed. If you wish to quit the game go ahead. There are those of us who plan on changing the outcome you people mistakenly belive is inevitable.

If you want to leave the game fine, quit. Otherwise MAN UP and play out the game.

We plan on taking some of those ships, planets and stabbases away from the Privateers. So far so our plan is working as designed so don't run away, stay and watch the fireworks or quit the game. :twisted:
Commander DanoKiller
Clovis CA (Home of Tim)
VGA Player since 1990

Rock Head

Post#12 » Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:19 pm

No Problem, I will watch

Rock head

Captain Blood

Post#13 » Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:52 am

Dano Killer wrote:Negative, this game should proceed. If you wish to quit the game go ahead. There are those of us who plan on changing the outcome you people mistakenly belive is inevitable.

If you want to leave the game fine, quit. Otherwise MAN UP and play out the game.

We plan on taking some of those ships, planets and stabbases away from the Privateers. So far so our plan is working as designed so don't run away, stay and watch the fireworks or quit the game. :twisted:
I would love to play if I thought it would be interesting&challenging.

Since I have more than 250 ships, more bases than all remaining players together, and there is no lokis back in the universe the game is settled.

How much tonnage should I rob/kill before you realize you can not win?

10% of your fleet?
Regards,

Captain Blood

Hawkeye

Post#14 » Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:28 am

For what it's worth, I can't see anyone taking first place off Capt Blood. However... the race for second and third places is still anyone's game. 8)

Captain Blood

Post#15 » Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:23 pm

Hawkeye wrote:For what it's worth, I can't see anyone taking first place off Capt Blood. However... the race for second and third places is still anyone's game. 8)
Since the 3-5 positton is all fighting me, and neither of them will get much from that. Who ends 3rd will then be a question about who I attack with most force.

Currently Robot&Collonial is attacking I assume the game ends when they get stuck or loose the attacking fleet.
Regards,

Captain Blood

Return to “Messages From Old Games”