Plenty of open spaces

Moderators: BitMask, Havok

Havok
Site Admin

Plenty of open spaces

Post#1 » Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:50 am

With the popularity of the first Pit game I assumed a second one would fill pretty quick. It's a week later and only 4 slots are full. To much to soon maybe.

The Pit 2 is an all out throw down that includes the popular host addon's Jupiter, Crystalline Entity Reborn & Teleport. Each player starts in their own cluster with 10 planets under their control.

http://www.circus-maximus.com/AutoTroll/game274.htm
Regards,
][avok

Hawkeye

Re: Plenty of open spaces

Post#2 » Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:10 pm

Havok wrote:With the popularity of the first Pit game I assumed a second one would fill pretty quick. It's a week later and only 4 slots are full. To much to soon maybe.

The Pit 2 is an all out throw down that includes the popular host addon's Jupiter, Crystalline Entity Reborn & Teleport. Each player starts in their own cluster with 10 planets under their control.

I'd agree with you on the too much too soon. Perhaps better to trickle the new games out at the rate of one per week?

As for the Pit 2 and Jupiter, have the Colonies of Man had their claws trimmed a little for this scenario? As I recall from the forum they tend to be a little too advantaged with the Jupiter add-on.

H. 8)

Gilgamesh

Post#3 » Thu Mar 03, 2011 5:05 pm

I joined Halo 2 in a moment of boredom on the weekend. One of those games you join and then spend the next 3 days saying "why did I do that?"

I think Halo and the Pit are competing for more or less the same players. Maybe if you rolled the willing Halo folks into the Pit and just shut down Halo and the power game for a while?

I agree it might be better to roll the games out a little slower.
QI'DaS tuQ SoSlI'

Havok
Site Admin

Re: Plenty of open spaces

Post#4 » Thu Mar 03, 2011 5:35 pm

Hawkeye wrote:
Havok wrote:With the popularity of the first Pit game I assumed a second one would fill pretty quick. It's a week later and only 4 slots are full. To much to soon maybe.

I'd agree with you on the too much too soon. Perhaps better to trickle the new games out at the rate of one per week?

As for the Pit 2 and Jupiter, have the Colonies of Man had their claws trimmed a little for this scenario? As I recall from the forum they tend to be a little too advantaged with the Jupiter add-on.

H. 8)
Jupiter settings are defaulted on The Pit 2
Regards,
][avok

Havok
Site Admin

Post#5 » Thu Mar 03, 2011 5:36 pm

Gilgamesh wrote:I joined Halo 2 in a moment of boredom on the weekend. One of those games you join and then spend the next 3 days saying "why did I do that?"

I think Halo and the Pit are competing for more or less the same players. Maybe if you rolled the willing Halo folks into the Pit and just shut down Halo and the power game for a while?

I agree it might be better to roll the games out a little slower.
I dunno. Halo 2 is pretty basic compared to the Pit games... It only has Starbase+. Any beginner could figure that out.
Regards,
][avok

Gilgamesh

Post#6 » Thu Mar 03, 2011 5:37 pm

That's why I picked it instead of the Pit! :lol:
QI'DaS tuQ SoSlI'

Wintermute

Post#7 » Thu Mar 03, 2011 6:20 pm

So then if I'm going to join one more game which should I join?

akshamu

Post#8 » Thu Mar 03, 2011 6:40 pm

Gilgamesh wrote:That's why I picked it instead of the Pit! :lol:

Spoken like a "true" Klingon!!!! :P
An Englishman is a person who does things because they have been done before.

An American is a person who does things because they haven't been done before

Havok
Site Admin

Post#9 » Thu Mar 03, 2011 6:57 pm

Wintermute wrote:So then if I'm going to join one more game which should I join?
I say The Pit 2 if you want to get busy with Jupiter, Teleport, Crystalline Entity, etc. If you're looking for something more basic like a No Frills game then Halo 2 should fit the bill. It has the Dan & Dave Starbase+ addon and there really isn't much to that.
Regards,
][avok

albatross

Post#10 » Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:46 am

The concept of The Pit is pretty much fun :D, until however a Col/Crys or Col/Rob alliance shows up which due to Jupiter just ruins the game. But even if the Colonies in my oppinion are overpowered here, they most likely need a friend and ally to get the backup to fully exploit all of those abilities.

I suggest to make the new Pits to 'no ally' games, but just on host level so all the diplomatic stuff is still possible.

Edited the alliance thing..

Cardno

The Pit: Declare Cardno the Winner

Post#11 » Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:05 pm

Ok - I got married three weeks ago, started a new job 7 weeks ago and moved house 7 weeks ago.

Unfortunately I had to drop a number of games as a result of that - just impossible.

but im BACK!!! I can't help but note that the Pit is not filling up because of the sheer terror I am evoking from having joined it.

I say DON'T JOIN THE PIT. Give up - just declare me the winner now.

Where are all my sworn enemies????? little girls too busy putting their makeup on I think....

Return to “Messages From Old Games”