Welcome to UnNatural 5

Moderators: BitMask, Havok

Hawkeye

Post#121 » Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:37 am

Can't say I'm a fan of experience :)

Cherek

Post#122 » Wed Jul 27, 2011 5:33 am

Hawkeye wrote:Can't say I'm a fan of experience :)
Why is that? With experience, the ship will gain new abilities or look at them as upgrades.
The line below is true.
The line above is false.

Cherek

Hawkeye

Post#123 » Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:22 pm

Cherek wrote:
Why is that? With experience, the ship will gain new abilities or look at them as upgrades.
Too much hassle to get the ships up to the experience needed. I'd much rather have it ready to go as soon as its built, especially if the ship is going to be used for fighting and will probably end up being destroyed within ten turns.

Cherek

Post#124 » Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:54 pm

Hawkeye wrote:
Cherek wrote:
Too much hassle to get the ships up to the experience needed. I'd much rather have it ready to go as soon as its built, especially if the ship is going to be used for fighting and will probably end up being destroyed within ten turns.
Partly true. The other side of the coin is that you'll appreciate some more if you earn it instead of having it given to you. There is also the point you don't know exactly what you are facing.
The line below is true.
The line above is false.

Cherek

Hawkeye

Post#125 » Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:33 pm

Cherek wrote:Partly true. The other side of the coin is that you'll appreciate some more if you earn it instead of having it given to you. There is also the point you don't know exactly what you are facing.
Ha ha, since when can an opinion be 'partly true' :P

Cherek

Post#126 » Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:00 pm

Hawkeye wrote:
Cherek wrote:Partly true. The other side of the coin is that you'll appreciate some more if you earn it instead of having it given to you. There is also the point you don't know exactly what you are facing.
Because it appears you believe that and I don't. Since we don't agree, it can't be completely true.
The line below is true.
The line above is false.

Cherek

Six_Of_One

Post#127 » Thu Jul 28, 2011 2:33 am

ship experience via fighting rocks,

had a couple of Gorbies that would still be standing after 6 Vikkies hit them due to ship experience.. once
"Just because you can do a thing,
Doesn't mean you should."

Paarthurnax the Dragon
Elder Scrolls-Skyrim

Hawkeye

Post#128 » Thu Jul 28, 2011 5:06 am

Cherek wrote:
Hawkeye wrote:
Because it appears you believe that and I don't. Since we don't agree, it can't be completely true.

Hmmmm.... seems to me like some fairly flawed logic you've got there. An opinion is just that, an opinion, it's just someone's point of view. What I stated wasn't a fact (which can potentially be partly true), but moreover an opinion, which depends on one's own perspective. Savvy? 8)

Cherek

Post#129 » Thu Jul 28, 2011 5:20 am

Hawkeye wrote:
Cherek wrote:
Hawkeye wrote: Ha ha, since when can an opinion be 'partly true' :P

Hmmmm.... seems to me like some fairly flawed logic you've got there. An opinion is just that, an opinion, it's just someone's point of view. What I stated wasn't a fact (which can potentially be partly true), but moreover an opinion, which depends on one's own perspective. Savvy? 8)
I never said it was a "fact", just that I didn't agree with it.
The line below is true.
The line above is false.

Cherek

Six_Of_One

Post#130 » Thu Jul 28, 2011 6:23 am

My understanding is a "fact" is a piece of skin between 2 holes, and if it breaks ya in the sh!t :oops:

or something like that, my memory aint what it use to be........
especially after watching ppl play Klingon boggle :shock:
"Just because you can do a thing,
Doesn't mean you should."

Paarthurnax the Dragon
Elder Scrolls-Skyrim

akshamu

Post#131 » Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:42 pm

Six_Of_One wrote:My understanding is a "fact" is a piece of skin between 2 holes, and if it breaks ya in the sh!t :oops:

or something like that, my memory aint what it use to be........
especially after watching ppl play Klingon boggle :shock:
I'm suprised you can even speak coherently after that :lol:
An Englishman is a person who does things because they have been done before.

An American is a person who does things because they haven't been done before

Return to “Messages From Old Games”