End of Power 1 so soon?

Moderators: BitMask, Havok

Tei

End of Power 1 so soon?

Post#1 » Tue Nov 22, 2011 11:00 pm

Seems like the game ended at turn 100. I thought this was open to end only by vote. There is so much good struggle left between the Gorn and EE, CoM and Romulans... 8)

Tei

BC_Guy

Re: End of Power 1 so soon?

Post#2 » Tue Nov 22, 2011 11:04 pm

I was just writing with the same question !
Don't forget the Feds :-)

Tei

Post#3 » Tue Nov 22, 2011 11:22 pm

I know, the one friendly race remaining. I have a nice Terraform ship all ready for you!

DarthHavoc2

Post#4 » Tue Nov 22, 2011 11:36 pm

I was thinking the same thing. I was looking forward to duking it out with those pesky lizards and their damn anti-fighter mines. #-o

On the other hand I've been so busy lately that it will be nice to only have two games to worry about instead of three. I barely have time to get my turns in these days as it is and can't put the amount of thought and effort into battle strategy that I'd like.

If there ends up being a vote to continue I'll go with the majority opinion, whatever that may be. If not, I guess congratulations are in order to Tei for successfully managing such a mineral-poor universe.
"Space is a tough place where wimps eat flaming plasma death!"
- Armin Trott

Tei

Post#5 » Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:32 am

Yea, and the Antimatter missle battles that are looming...

Its a complicated game, somewhat time consuming.

wasp

Post#6 » Wed Nov 23, 2011 5:15 am

The end turn is not on the game page.
Besides on the game forum it is said:

"Game ends when 1 player is left unless otherwise voted on by remaining players."

I too think it's too early to end it, now that it's becoming interesting...

ricardo
"Amateurs study tactics, Professionals study Logistics" in Red Storm Rising from Tom Clancy

BitMask
Site Admin

Post#7 » Wed Nov 23, 2011 6:21 am

The game was set in AutoTroll to end at turn 100.

As 4 of the 5 players still alive want to go on, I changed the game to run again (open ended at this stage till you vote or tell us otherwise)

Go get them...

DarthHavoc2

Post#8 » Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:18 am

So, um, yeah. I change my vote to end the game. I know I'm still out-voted but since I've missed 5 of the last 6 turns I should at least change my vote to match my actions (or lack thereof).

Sorry guys.
- Armin Trott

Tei

Post#9 » Wed Dec 21, 2011 1:38 pm

DarthHavoc2 wrote:So, um, yeah. I change my vote to end the game. I know I'm still out-voted but since I've missed 5 of the last 6 turns I should at least change my vote to match my actions (or lack thereof).

Sorry guys.
Sorry you stopped. Loosing a couple of Gorbies to the Lizards must have been pretty discouraging. Against the Anti-fighter mines you need a lot of tact as the CoM have found out and used. Brute force doesn't always work.

I thought I lost my Meteor to the minefield. It hit a mine and had over 100% damage ending at a base. I loaded it with supplies, set the base to repair and sent it into space. This turn is was completely fixed with supplies in cargo. Echoview simulated this wrong. Echoview had it being destroyed regardless of what I did.

I'm still have battle with two other races. The Romulans must be at least as frustrated as the EE. They keep loosing DWs to stocked bases... Attacking with only one DW allows the base to reload and potentially kill another one. I've yet to bring up the T-rexes, though the Romulans may like those better. They should be easy for the DW to kill.

I keep expecting to break the CoM siege but they keep coming back one attack after another. Now with that huge level 3 storm its getting interesting. Who will have minefield superiority? Are the Viragoes equipped with Heavy Phasers?

I think it is too early to end the game.

DarthHavoc2

Post#10 » Wed Dec 21, 2011 9:53 pm

No, actually the reason I stopped was that I realized in retrospect how happy I was that the game was over (albeit temporarily) and was surprised how disappointed I was that it started up again. My earlier post was true. At the time I was pretty much ambivalent on whether to continue or not. However my disappointment in continuing showed me that playing had become a chore and wasn't really any fun anymore. I was always under deadline to get my turns in and didn't have enough time in the day to do anything else (besides work, that is). It was just a matter of realigning my priorities. I stopped playing in all my games here and have been much happier since.

Sad but true. :?
- Armin Trott

Havok
Site Admin

Post#11 » Thu Dec 22, 2011 8:25 am

What's the decision with PG1? Is there a poll or unanimous vote to end this one? Thanks.
Regards,
][avok

DarthHavoc2

Post#12 » Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:20 am

Assuming the previous votes still stand, the count should be 3 to 2 to continue.
- Armin Trott

wasp

Post#13 » Fri Jan 13, 2012 7:21 pm

Hi all

Looks like another drop.... The Feds... so, only 4 races and one has a very low score... Is this game going to end???? That's a shame... i think, so much to do if we were all closer...

If it does, i want to be on the top 3 players, I'm on 5th place but i don't wan't to be surpased by computer players....
"Amateurs study tactics, Professionals study Logistics" in Red Storm Rising from Tom Clancy

BC_Guy

Post#14 » Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:16 pm

bah... wish the feds would have formally allied with me before jumping ship !! now i have to contend with a bunch of ships heading over to my SBs. My guess is that Q has no idea about Jupiter so i have one small advantage.

4 people left ? Space_Lord wins the 'Most Determined' Award !! no sbs, planets or ships and still he presses on !! Very commendable..

My little experiments with Jupiter has told me a couple of things.
1. Ion storms, at some point, can no longer be turned.. what that point is, i have no idea, but its kinda frustrating
2. destroying a SB while it has an antimatter missile in flight does NOT stop the missile.. D'oh cost me a SB to find that out :-(

I'm willing to go on, even though its a 3 way battle. Took me way too long to finally purge the klingons and pirates, but now that my rear is covered (so to speak), i'm still enjoying the game.
It's up to wasp and tei whether to continue, i will go with the majority

BC Guy

BitMask
Site Admin

Post#15 » Sat Jan 14, 2012 1:42 am

Spacelord is a computer player... They can't get more committed than that :)

Return to “Messages From Old Games”