Special Mission Question

Moderators: BitMask, Havok

JonnyDoH

Special Mission Question

Post by JonnyDoH » Fri Dec 16, 2011 6:41 pm

Hey Bitmask, I have a question regarding the special mission for the House of Duras:

Desired: I'm using the vanilla WinPlan client and I want to do a pillaging mission on a planet this turn.
Problem: The "Build Fighters" option is grayed out under missions.
Possible Solutions: Do I use the "Special Mission" (Extended Mission 31) under the Extended Missions menu? Or should I use the "build fighters/gather mins" special mission? Or is it something else?

Thanks in advance!

(Oops, deleted the original because I thought the PCC thread by Streu had to do with PHost-- was going to post there, then realized that PCC != PHost). Yes, I was confused for a moment there).
Your go-to source for bargain basement, high quality cardboard armored war ships!

BitMask
Site Admin

Re: Special Mission Question

Post by BitMask » Sat Dec 17, 2011 2:22 am

Winplan hides special missions for a race that is not appropriate.
In this case your ship does not have fighter bays and that is why the mission is grayed out.
The solution is to use the special mission in the extended missions.

JonnyDoH

Post by JonnyDoH » Sat Dec 17, 2011 3:12 am

Okey dokey. Thanks!
Your go-to source for bargain basement, high quality cardboard armored war ships!

streu

Post by streu » Sat Dec 17, 2011 7:28 am

JonnyDoH wrote:Possible Solutions: Do I use the "Special Mission" (Extended Mission 31) under the Extended Missions menu? Or should I use the "build fighters/gather mins" special mission? Or is it something else?
"Special Mission" (#31) is intended precisely for this case.

"Gather-build fighters" (#32) does the same, but allows you to specify how many fighters to build, and will gather minerals from a planet.

Both missions require AllowBuildFighters to be set for your race.

--Stefan

Return to “Messages From Old Games”