The Pit2... Time to end it :o)

Moderators: BitMask, Havok

Six_Of_One

The Pit2... Time to end it :o)

Post#1 » Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:20 am

Sorry guys, but RL is interfering with my ally, and to an extent me as well.

It's too far in to get another to take his place, besides it would be rude since we have been together since about turn 10.
We are not concerned with who gets awarded 1st, 2nd or 3rd, and are quite happy for you to get it based on the fact we are calling the game.

So there you have it, thank you, its been fun.

Cheers
"Just because you can do a thing,
Doesn't mean you should."

Paarthurnax the Dragon
Elder Scrolls-Skyrim

Six_Of_One

Re: The Pit2... Time to end it :o)

Post#2 » Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:39 am

Strange, no comments from the players??

Paarthurnax the Dragon
Elder Scrolls-Skyrim

Hawkeye

Post#3 » Thu Mar 08, 2012 7:27 am

Six_Of_One wrote:Sorry guys, but RL is interfering with my ally, and to an extent me as well.

It's too far in to get another to take his place, besides it would be rude since we have been together since about turn 10.
We are not concerned with who gets awarded 1st, 2nd or 3rd, and are quite happy for you to get it based on the fact we are calling the game.

So there you have it, thank you, its been fun.

Cheers

Errr, you mean you're quite happy to give me first place considering I'm there already and you have no hope of taking it off me :twisted:

If as you say you're pulling the pin on this game, then there's no point in the remaining players continuing. Its a pity that its come to this, because given time I believe the Feds would have over taken the robots for third place, and the game certainly had alot of life left in it, even if the writing was on the wall for some.

Six_Of_One

Post#4 » Thu Mar 08, 2012 3:18 pm

Since 1st has changed hands multiple times recently and the Robot currently has a few of my Big ships he is returning, i think the 1% advantage you have would be eaten up.

Whatever you wish to believe is fine with me.
115 turns is a good run, and you always run the risk over that period of time of RL hitting someone.

Paarthurnax the Dragon
Elder Scrolls-Skyrim

akshamu

Post#5 » Thu Mar 08, 2012 7:36 pm

Six_Of_One wrote:Since 1st has changed hands multiple times recently and the Robot currently has a few of my Big ships he is returning, i think the 1% advantage you have would be eaten up.

Whatever you wish to believe is fine with me.
115 turns is a good run, and you always run the risk over that period of time of RL hitting someone.
I will continue to turn in my turns as long as the game continues, but since I am virtually dead with minimal chances of resurecting my race within the next 200 turns, I would vote to end.
An Englishman is a person who does things because they have been done before.

An American is a person who does things because they haven't been done before

excaliburca

Post#6 » Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:58 pm

I vote to end. 115 turns is good enough for me and I haven't seen any movement of the players in their places for a while now.

Thanks

BitMask
Site Admin

Post#7 » Sat Mar 10, 2012 2:55 am

This game has ended. Well done on lasting 115 turns.

excaliburca

Post#8 » Sat Mar 10, 2012 6:35 pm

Thank you to everyone who played. This is the one of the best games I've played.

My thanks to my ally, you've been one of the better partners I've played with. And thanks to my enemies as well, you guys made the game fun.

Take care all of you.

Exal

Hawkeye

Post#9 » Sat Mar 10, 2012 7:46 pm

Agreed, definitely one of the best games I've been in. My ally the Feds and I were trading planetary cloaking shields for genesis of planets, which worked out nicely. If the Privateer player is reading this forum, a couple of tips for you to help your game:

Birdmen are immune to NUK, so it's no good setting that on your planets. If I know all your planets FCs are set to NUK, then unless you're using universal minefield friendly codes, all I need to do is set my ships with FC=NUK to safely get through your minefields.

Cloaking - if you're going to have a meteor finish the turn uncloaked, (say when minelaying), then you need to park it where it is unlikely to get attacked (ie not over a planet). Keep them cloaked at all other times.

By the end of the game I'd taken over the home clusters of the priv, borg, fascists, half of the xtals, and was about to start on that of the colonies (I think). Game highlights included the theft of most of the Privs MCBRs, taking out three cybernauts without losing ships to that viral field, theft of a Gorbie (hee hee :twisted: ), and fending off a large-scale attack of heavy carriers.

Six of One used the Gorbie capture beam to good effect, stealing a few of my Resolutes =D> However I did feel that the large armada of ships you guys brought to my section of the centre cluster should have had no problem ploughing on through to take over the middle cluster, and then onwards to my relatively undefended homeworld. The planetary cloaking shields could only defend against one enemy at a time, and a combined empire-robot assault force would always end up fighting as a result. After taking out a couple of robot minelayers and viral fields, the momentum you had there seemed to come to a halt very quickly for some reason...

Overall, great game and congrats.

Hawk

Havok
Site Admin

Post#10 » Sun Mar 11, 2012 10:35 pm

I've scheduled The Pit 2 to end on the next turn.
Regards,
][avok

Six_Of_One

Post#11 » Mon Mar 12, 2012 2:17 am

You seem to have forgotten an rather large and extremely powerful Ion storm that moved slowly across the top, and thats how you managed to get the Gorbie, but only the one, i woke up after that. :wink:
The Ion storm stopped the momentum.
We were aware of the planetary cloaking and the need to both arrive at the planet, but the Ion storm shifted focus, thanks to capturing a couple of Mbr's and Fireclouds.

The game probably had 200 trns in it, but alas RL always seems to hit someone.

Never mind, most enjoyable.

Thanks to all.

Paarthurnax the Dragon
Elder Scrolls-Skyrim

akshamu

Post#12 » Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:50 pm

Hawkeye wrote:Agreed, definitely one of the best games I've been in. My ally the Feds and I were trading planetary cloaking shields for genesis of planets, which worked out nicely. If the Privateer player is reading this forum, a couple of tips for you to help your game:

Birdmen are immune to NUK, so it's no good setting that on your planets. If I know all your planets FCs are set to NUK, then unless you're using universal minefield friendly codes, all I need to do is set my ships with FC=NUK to safely get through your minefields.

Cloaking - if you're going to have a meteor finish the turn uncloaked, (say when minelaying), then you need to park it where it is unlikely to get attacked (ie not over a planet). Keep them cloaked at all other times.

By the end of the game I'd taken over the home clusters of the priv, borg, fascists, half of the xtals, and was about to start on that of the colonies (I think). Game highlights included the theft of most of the Privs MCBRs, taking out three cybernauts without losing ships to that viral field, theft of a Gorbie (hee hee :twisted: ), and fending off a large-scale attack of heavy carriers.

Six of One used the Gorbie capture beam to good effect, stealing a few of my Resolutes =D> However I did feel that the large armada of ships you guys brought to my section of the centre cluster should have had no problem ploughing on through to take over the middle cluster, and then onwards to my relatively undefended homeworld. The planetary cloaking shields could only defend against one enemy at a time, and a combined empire-robot assault force would always end up fighting as a result. After taking out a couple of robot minelayers and viral fields, the momentum you had there seemed to come to a halt very quickly for some reason...

Overall, great game and congrats.

Hawk
I will have to keep a couple of those tips in mind as well Hawkeye.
An Englishman is a person who does things because they have been done before.

An American is a person who does things because they haven't been done before

Return to “Messages From Old Games”