T-Flak Combat

Moderators: BitMask, Havok

Tei

T-Flak Combat

Post#1 » Sat Apr 14, 2012 2:56 pm

I had combat last turn. Strangly, no VCR was associated with the RST. PCC2 VCR player stated that the VCR6 does not contain any battles. Does anyone have any ideas?

The ingame message (slightly edited ) stated:

(-h0000)<<< Combat Report >>>

A battle involving 2 units
happened at (xxx,yyyy).

Attendance List:
sh150: xxxxxxxxx (player 6)
(captured by player x)
sh365: xxxxxxx (player x)
(survived)

Hawkeye

Re: T-Flak Combat

Post#2 » Sat Apr 14, 2012 6:00 pm

From the game docs:

You must make sure that your players receive their 'flakX.dat' files along with their 'playerX.rst' and 'utilX.dat' file. Players must also receive the 'xyplan.dat' file and the 'data' zip.

Can't say I've seen any flakx.dat files :-?

BitMask
Site Admin

Post#3 » Sun Apr 15, 2012 4:17 am

I checked the settings in Auto Troll and it should be sending you the flak*.dat file each turn along with the util*.dat and your player*.dat
All 3 these files should be in the same place in your zip you receive and all 3 needs to be extracted to your game folder (e.g. vpwork1)

albatross

Post#4 » Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:07 am

Same problem here, ship to planet combat but no vcr file :( .

edit:

Just noticed something odd, unless I made the same mistake twice that is :?. Last turn and in one of the earlier ones I (think..) beamed down 1 clan, same ship, but in both cases didn't take the planet nor did I get a message about someone else ground fighting me off again.

Is there any tool around that makes commands in trn files readable again?

streu

Post#5 » Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:08 pm

albatross wrote:Same problem here, ship to planet combat but no vcr file :( .
Please double-check your game directory. Is there a "flakX.dat" file in the game directory? Usual clients (that, at the time of this writing, includes not only Winplan, but also PCC2) do not show this in their main screen ("1 visual combat recording"). You have to start the viewer (PlayVCR) manually. I believe this is the same with the other multi-ship combat engines.
Just noticed something odd, unless I made the same mistake twice that is :?. Last turn and in one of the earlier ones I (think..) beamed down 1 clan, same ship, but in both cases didn't take the planet nor did I get a message about someone else ground fighting me off again.

un-trn.

DOS version: http://phost.de/~stefan/filefmt.html#untrn

The 32-bit version is included with PCC2 (but like the DOS version it is a console application, no GUI).

--Stefan

albatross

Post#6 » Mon Apr 16, 2012 1:21 pm

Hrm.. no "flakX.dat" here.

Thanks for un-trn :)!

albatross

Post#7 » Mon Apr 16, 2012 3:46 pm

streu wrote:

un-trn.
--Stefan
No oddities. I see, admit, messed it up myself. Do not wait for more mistakes though, you warmongering space monkeys.

Tei

Post#8 » Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:14 pm

albatross wrote:Hrm.. no "flakX.dat" here.

No Flax file this turn either even with combat.

Hawkeye

Post#9 » Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:46 am

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. 8)

akshamu

Post#10 » Wed Apr 18, 2012 8:20 pm

Tei wrote:
albatross wrote:Hrm.. no "flakX.dat" here.

No Flax file this turn either even with combat.
I to had the same problem, with combat in turn 11, but no flax file.
An Englishman is a person who does things because they have been done before.

An American is a person who does things because they haven't been done before

BitMask
Site Admin

Post#11 » Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:45 am

I'm out of town till Sunday. I'll check why the flak*.dat files are not send out. They are created on the server and AT is setup to send them, but there must be something wrong somewhere.

Sorry about that.

Tei

Post#12 » Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:46 pm

Hi Bitmark,

Not sure if you had a chance to look this in detail. We still don't have the Flak files.

BitMask
Site Admin

Post#13 » Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:30 am

Can you confirm if you do receive the util*.dat files? The flak*.dat files are setup exactly the same to be sent out. I have recreated the config to see if that helps, so please let me know if the next turn also have the flak files included or not.

BitMask
Site Admin

Post#14 » Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:41 am

I manually sent the last turn's flak files to each player.

Tei

Post#15 » Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:44 pm

BitMask wrote:I manually sent the last turn's flak files to each player.
The file sent is working well. Within Winplan, I opened the VCR (- PCC2 VCR is set to open). Battle looks pretty cool, very different than usual VCRs. Unfortunately only one on one battles so far. I'll report when multiple ship battles happen. Should be soon 8)

When I closed Winplan and opened PCC2 directly, for some reason it didn't see the VCR. Any ideas why it would work one way but not the other? Echoview doesn't even see the ship that had combat so it will be hard to keep track of the ships specs unless PCC2 can do this.

Return to “Messages From Old Games”