Jupiter and Tlist don't like eachother?

Moderators: BitMask, Havok

User avatar
BitMask
Site Admin
Posts: 2318
Contact:

Re: Jupiter and Tlist don't like eachother?

Post#31 » Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:45 am

It also seems like PAC does not work like I initially intended.
From the description it seems like it is similar to Hiss, but Hiss happens at the end while PAC happens at the beginning :(
At least I managed to get it to work after a few turns of trying. #-o

User avatar
Donovan
Posts: 354
Contact:

Re: Jupiter and Tlist don't like eachother?

Post#32 » Thu Jul 26, 2012 2:23 am

Kassengestell: a long shot perhaps, but the Banshee's original cargohold is 80. Maybe give it a try with 40 cargo already in the cargohold?

And Bitmask: I would think you'd know how to set up a testgame for such things.... #-o :roll:

To all others: I've prettymuch overcome the shitty starting planets, you may now send your ships my way. Be sure to only put shitty beams on them please. :-$

User avatar
Kassengestell
Posts: 228

Re: Jupiter and Tlist don't like eachother?

Post#33 » Thu Jul 26, 2012 6:38 am

Donovan wrote:Kassengestell: a long shot perhaps, but the Banshee's original cargohold is 80. Maybe give it a try with 40 cargo already in the cargohold?

And Bitmask: I would think you'd know how to set up a testgame for such things.... #-o :roll:

To all others: I've prettymuch overcome the shitty starting planets, you may now send your ships my way. Be sure to only put shitty beams on them please. :-$
i will check at home, but i am pretty sure that the banshee has a cargohold of 60... :shock:
join the mobile infantry

User avatar
Donovan
Posts: 354
Contact:

Re: Jupiter and Tlist don't like eachother?

Post#34 » Thu Jul 26, 2012 8:07 am

Kassengestell wrote:i will check at home, but i am pretty sure that the banshee has a cargohold of 60... :shock:
:roll: :wave:

User avatar
Rimstalker
Posts: 955
Contact:

Re: Jupiter and Tlist don't like eachother?

Post#35 » Thu Jul 26, 2012 8:08 am

I also had some unexpected results when I had a full ship drop cargo on a planet I was RSMing the same turn.
Wirklich reich ist, wer mehr | Truly rich is, who holds
Träume in seiner Seele hat, | more dreams in his soul
als die Realität zerstören kann.| than reality can destroy.

User avatar
Kassengestell
Posts: 228

Re: Jupiter and Tlist don't like eachother?

Post#36 » Thu Jul 26, 2012 12:05 pm

Kassengestell wrote:
Donovan wrote:Kassengestell: a long shot perhaps, but the Banshee's original cargohold is 80. Maybe give it a try with 40 cargo already in the cargohold?

And Bitmask: I would think you'd know how to set up a testgame for such things.... #-o :roll:

To all others: I've prettymuch overcome the shitty starting planets, you may now send your ships my way. Be sure to only put shitty beams on them please. :-$
i will check at home, but i am pretty sure that the banshee has a cargohold of 60... :shock:
confirmed: banshee cargohold in this shiplist is 60 !!
the funny thing is, that this banshee has loaded now the natives twice. but never dropped them... :? something must happen during UNR, butr what ?
join the mobile infantry

User avatar
Donovan
Posts: 354
Contact:

Re: Jupiter and Tlist don't like eachother?

Post#37 » Thu Jul 26, 2012 4:38 pm

Ah my bad, I thought you meant the Banshee in the original shiplist has 60 cargo.

I also thought the banshee in Tlist has 120 cargo, from your message that 120 clans were loaded. But I see in the docs you're supposed to load 2 clans per 1 cargo.

Then forget my idea about pre-loading cargo to trim the cargosize back to that of the original shiplist.

Like Bitmask said: documentation and me don't go well together :oops:

The only thing I can think of: the Jupiter docs mention unloading the natives on any Fed or allied planet. Perhaps it doesn't work on unowned planets. But if the Feds in previous Tlist / Jupiter games had similar experiences, chances are it just won't work. So go ahead and colonize all your ships :twisted:

User avatar
Kassengestell
Posts: 228

Re: Jupiter and Tlist don't like eachother?

Post#38 » Fri Jul 27, 2012 12:58 am

Donovan wrote:Ah my bad, I thought you meant the Banshee in the original shiplist has 60 cargo.

I also thought the banshee in Tlist has 120 cargo, from your message that 120 clans were loaded. But I see in the docs you're supposed to load 2 clans per 1 cargo.

Then forget my idea about pre-loading cargo to trim the cargosize back to that of the original shiplist.

Like Bitmask said: documentation and me don't go well together :oops:

The only thing I can think of: the Jupiter docs mention unloading the natives on any Fed or allied planet. Perhaps it doesn't work on unowned planets. But if the Feds in previous Tlist / Jupiter games had similar experiences, chances are it just won't work. So go ahead and colonize all your ships :twisted:
you call me "lizard" !!?? :chair:
join the mobile infantry

User avatar
BitMask
Site Admin
Posts: 2318
Contact:

Re: Jupiter and Tlist don't like eachother?

Post#39 » Fri Jul 27, 2012 2:33 am

Donovan wrote: And Bitmask: I would think you'd know how to set up a testgame for such things.... #-o :roll:
What can I say? I'm lazy :roll:

User avatar
Kassengestell
Posts: 228

Re: Jupiter and Tlist don't like eachother?

Post#40 » Sat Aug 04, 2012 1:02 am

and now the third time in a row i can put clans in the same ship into cyrogenic suspension... #-o

edit says that refit in flight works !! =D>
join the mobile infantry

User avatar
Raven2
Posts: 538

Re: Jupiter and Tlist don't like eachother?

Post#41 » Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:16 pm

OK, can anyone shed any light on why the ship transfer and planet transfer functions of Jupiter don't seem to be working? Are these "team game only" functions?
Also, according to the game setup page, "Crystaline Entity" is supposed to be in effect. Is that addon running?
>>> Raven <<<

User avatar
Hawkeye
Posts: 1029

Re: Jupiter and Tlist don't like eachother?

Post#42 » Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:04 pm

In the last Pit game I managed to steal a Gorbie, however the tractor-beam function didn't work for me (it had been working for my opponent however). Found out later that it wouldn't because team-mode (or something like that) was set to off. Perhaps this is the same happnening for you?

User avatar
Rimstalker
Posts: 955
Contact:

Re: Jupiter and Tlist don't like eachother?

Post#43 » Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:21 am

ship exchange does work.

Planet exchange is an abomination and should never work anyways. Did you check the config files that Havok always posts as the first post in the Game sub-forum?

(-a0502)<< JUPITER SHIP EXCHANGE >>

We are exchanging ship ID#359 with
ship ID#256 of race 7.
Wirklich reich ist, wer mehr | Truly rich is, who holds
Träume in seiner Seele hat, | more dreams in his soul
als die Realität zerstören kann.| than reality can destroy.

User avatar
Raven2
Posts: 538

Re: Jupiter and Tlist don't like eachother?

Post#44 » Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:33 pm

Thanks gents...
Checked config files. Planet exchange is turned off.
Didn't see any mention of the Crystaline Entity addon, even though the game description says it's in use.
I'll quintuple-check the friendly codes for ship exhange. Been through them at least 4 times already but I obviously missed something....
>>> Raven <<<

User avatar
BitMask
Site Admin
Posts: 2318
Contact:

Re: Jupiter and Tlist don't like eachother?

Post#45 » Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:56 pm

Raven2 wrote: Didn't see any mention of the Crystaline Entity addon, even though the game description says it's in use.
Crystaline Entity is setup in this game. It should be somewhere, although I have not seen it either and my probes was through the entire echo cluster

Return to “Messages From Old Games”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron