Welcome to Federation War 2

Moderators: BitMask, Havok

JonnyDoH

Re: Welcome to Federation War 2

Post#16 » Wed Sep 19, 2012 2:17 pm

I'm fine with whatever everyone else decides; though I am sort of leaning toward the shakeup. It would be interesting to have a Romulan/Klingon alliance, for example.

One caveat I would like to suggest is that only one pairing of a certain type be allowed, i.e. if one team chooses the aforementioned "Romulan/Klingon" team, no other team is allowed to select that. In keeping with the idea of a Federation War, we should keep to a "believable" plot line. =D
Your go-to source for bargain basement, high quality cardboard armored war ships!

BitMask
Site Admin

Post#17 » Wed Sep 19, 2012 3:27 pm

FireAge wrote:In regards to the email send. I'm fine with anything you decide.
Though the previous setup seemed more interesting in my opinion.

Now you will get everyone + priv teams :p
I was tempted to make only the 4 main races available (Fed, Lizard, Bird, Klingon), so that is always and option

BitMask
Site Admin

Post#18 » Wed Sep 19, 2012 3:29 pm

JonnyDoH wrote:I'm fine with whatever everyone else decides; though I am sort of leaning toward the shakeup. It would be interesting to have a Romulan/Klingon alliance, for example.

One caveat I would like to suggest is that only one pairing of a certain type be allowed, i.e. if one team chooses the aforementioned "Romulan/Klingon" team, no other team is allowed to select that. In keeping with the idea of a Federation War, we should keep to a "believable" plot line. =D
The problem with only allowing one combination is that you then have to sort out the order people choose races and that can be just as complicated as the game itself :twisted:

JonnyDoH

Post#19 » Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:39 pm

Well, that comes from any other game, right? I really wanted the Crystals in the Pit 3, but someone else chose them. Rather than complain about it, I just took something else. If my team chose fed/Klingon, for example, I'd just tell the other teams "tough luck!"
Your go-to source for bargain basement, high quality cardboard armored war ships!

akshamu

Post#20 » Thu Sep 20, 2012 2:25 pm

JonnyDoH wrote:I'm fine with whatever everyone else decides; though I am sort of leaning toward the shakeup. It would be interesting to have a Romulan/Klingon alliance, for example.

I like that idea, but I to am fine with whatever everyone wants.
An Englishman is a person who does things because they have been done before.

An American is a person who does things because they haven't been done before

FireAge

Post#21 » Thu Sep 20, 2012 2:50 pm

Might I propose that the combo's should be the 4 races, and that the offsider is an alliance between the crystal and the privateer? :P

BitMask
Site Admin

Post#22 » Fri Sep 21, 2012 1:38 am

FireAge wrote:Might I propose that the combo's should be the 4 races, and that the offsider is an alliance between the crystal and the privateer? :P
That is a good idea, but the Privateer/Crystal combo might be unbeatable? Cloaking Webs with Rob... :shock:

FireAge

Post#23 » Fri Sep 21, 2012 2:11 am

Too obvious? Oh well, it was worth a shot :lol:

BitMask
Site Admin

Post#24 » Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:54 am

Ok, this is how the new scenario is going to be:

The Privateers and Crystals will stay in the game as independent players - the current players have first choice, but if they decide to rather join a team then we will look for a replacement Privateer, but the Crystals will fall away and with the Borg slot become a 5th team.

With regards to the teams of x2:
Each team will have the option of choosing any combo of two races out of Feds, Lizards, Birdmen or Klingon.
If any combo is selected that combo is not available to another team, but you can still pick those races in combination with another race.
The team picking the first combo has the advantage of choosing what they want.
The later teams have the advantage of knowing which combos the other teams picked before them.

The Lizards will have the normal 200% mining back again.
The rest of the game settings will stay the same as before with Wormholes linking the 2 players in a team.

Example:
Team 1 pick Feds and Birdmen
Team 2 cannot pick the same combo, but they can still pick the Feds and Lizards.
Team 3 can still pick the same races, but not in the Feds-Bird or Feds-Lizard combos.
Etc.

Drakken, FireAge are you guys sticking with the independent Crystals and Pirates?
The rest please pick your teams here in this forum. First come has first choice.
Any new teams are welcome.

I'm away till Tuesday, so I can only reply then if there are any other questions.

akshamu

Post#25 » Fri Sep 21, 2012 6:23 pm

BitMask wrote:Ok, this is how the new scenario is going to be:

The Privateers and Crystals will stay in the game as independent players - the current players have first choice, but if they decide to rather join a team then we will look for a replacement Privateer, but the Crystals will fall away and with the Borg slot become a 5th team.

With regards to the teams of x2:
Each team will have the option of choosing any combo of two races out of Feds, Lizards, Birdmen or Klingon.
If any combo is selected that combo is not available to another team, but you can still pick those races in combination with another race.
The team picking the first combo has the advantage of choosing what they want.
The later teams have the advantage of knowing which combos the other teams picked before them.

The Lizards will have the normal 200% mining back again.
The rest of the game settings will stay the same as before with Wormholes linking the 2 players in a team.

Example:
Team 1 pick Feds and Birdmen
Team 2 cannot pick the same combo, but they can still pick the Feds and Lizards.
Team 3 can still pick the same races, but not in the Feds-Bird or Feds-Lizard combos.
Etc.

Drakken, FireAge are you guys sticking with the independent Crystals and Pirates?
The rest please pick your teams here in this forum. First come has first choice.
Any new teams are welcome.

I'm away till Tuesday, so I can only reply then if there are any other questions.
Bitmask;

jonnydoh and I would like a Fed-Lizard combo as our first choice
Fed-Klingon as second choice
Lizard-Klingon as our third choice if the first two are taken
An Englishman is a person who does things because they have been done before.

An American is a person who does things because they haven't been done before

FireAge

Post#26 » Sat Sep 22, 2012 7:26 am

Sticking to the crystal (how appropriate).
If you find five teams of two, will step out.

Cardno

Post#27 » Sat Sep 22, 2012 6:28 pm

Gee this game is taking a LONG time to fill.

Before the 're-jig' of the game, I offered to take both Klingon slots. Game could have been under way by now... :P

FireAge

Post#28 » Sun Sep 23, 2012 3:12 am

Close, but the fed's partner dropped, so we would still be looking for a partner for him. 8)

Don Quijote

Post#29 » Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:38 am

Chrisb will take Romulans
and myself Klingons,

if possible. Thanks!
"You are erratic, conflicted, disorganized. You lack harmony, cohesion, greatness." - 7 of 9

BitMask
Site Admin

Post#30 » Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:59 pm

So far we have:

Crystals - FireAge
Feds/Lizards - jonnydoh/akshamu
Romulans/Klingons - Don Quijote/Chrisb

Return to “Messages From Old Games”