Welcome to Fall Festival of Death 2

Moderators: BitMask, Havok

User avatar
Gilgamesh
Posts: 4940
Contact:

Re: Welcome to Fall Festival of Death 2

Post#76 » Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:04 pm

Sitting here - contemplating going back to work after the weekend tomorrow and it isn't a happy thought. I hope we get a turn tonight. I'd love to see how far away my ships are from their target planets this time.... :(
QI'DaS tuQ SoSlI'

Super Tech
Posts: 69

Re: Welcome to Fall Festival of Death 2

Post#77 » Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:11 pm

Tick-tock, 10 hours on the clock.

Super Tech
Posts: 69

Re: Welcome to Fall Festival of Death 2

Post#78 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:01 pm

Anybody notice that the remaining planets are getting rarer and neighbors are getting closer. As some have noticed, I'm not a very good neighbor. :twisted:

User avatar
Gilgamesh
Posts: 4940
Contact:

Re: Welcome to Fall Festival of Death 2

Post#79 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:34 am

I'm noticing that nice little clusters are slowly breaking up and getting close to other planets. One supply line gets stretched, another comes into play. It's a very strange game, but I'm enjoying the challenge.
QI'DaS tuQ SoSlI'

Gavan
Posts: 879

Re: Welcome to Fall Festival of Death 2

Post#80 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:18 pm

I have noticed that too Gil,

I started a two turn trip last turn and now it appears it is going to be a three turn trip to arrive at the same planet.

This moving starmap does keep the game interesting. #-o
Just cause I am paranoid does not mean they are not out to get me.

User avatar
Gilgamesh
Posts: 4940
Contact:

Re: Welcome to Fall Festival of Death 2

Post#81 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:49 pm

Interesting in the way having a porcupine in your underwear would be interesting...... :shock:
QI'DaS tuQ SoSlI'

User avatar
BitMask
Site Admin
Posts: 2318
Contact:

Re: Welcome to Fall Festival of Death 2

Post#82 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:59 am

Gilgamesh wrote:Interesting in the way having a porcupine in your underwear would be interesting...... :shock:
][avok did say you were going to hate him for this game :twisted:

User avatar
Gilgamesh
Posts: 4940
Contact:

Re: Welcome to Fall Festival of Death 2

Post#83 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:22 pm

Nah - who could ever hate ][avok?

Orbiter, on the other hand.....
QI'DaS tuQ SoSlI'

Gavan
Posts: 879

Re: Welcome to Fall Festival of Death 2

Post#84 » Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:34 am

Gil,

Orbiter is not so bad.

I am learning how to "throw" Web mine fields at planets / ships while being many lys away. :twisted:
Just cause I am paranoid does not mean they are not out to get me.

User avatar
Gilgamesh
Posts: 4940
Contact:

Re: Welcome to Fall Festival of Death 2

Post#85 » Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:43 am

Gavan wrote:Gil,

Orbiter is not so bad.

I am learning how to "throw" Web mine fields at planets / ships while being many lys away. :twisted:
OK - I'd love to know how you're doing that.

And don't do it near me, OK?
QI'DaS tuQ SoSlI'

Super Tech
Posts: 69

Re: Welcome to Fall Festival of Death 2

Post#86 » Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:29 pm

I have tested "thrown" and "stationary" mines over ten turns ago. Mines centered on a planet move with the planet. Mines centered in space stay in space, so they appear to move relative to the planets. So thrown minefields no not actually move; it's all a delusion.

Please keep your used minefields out of my area. It lowers the resell value of my planets.

The orbiter mod affects military action far more than cash and mineral movements. I would have steam roller'ed over two races long ago but the rotation kept me at bay.

Gavan
Posts: 879

Re: Welcome to Fall Festival of Death 2

Post#87 » Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:56 pm

Super Tech wrote:I have tested "thrown" and "stationary" mines over ten turns ago. Mines centered on a planet move with the planet. Mines centered in space stay in space, so they appear to move relative to the planets. So thrown minefields no not actually move; it's all a delusion.

Please keep your used minefields out of my area. It lowers the resell value of my planets.

The orbiter mod affects military action far more than cash and mineral movements. I would have steam roller'ed over two races long ago but the rotation kept me at bay.
For delusional mine fields they do appear to have quite the effect. :lol:

As for where they go after they are "thrown" that is up to Orbiter. :twisted:
Just cause I am paranoid does not mean they are not out to get me.

User avatar
Gilgamesh
Posts: 4940
Contact:

Re: Welcome to Fall Festival of Death 2

Post#88 » Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:56 pm

I hadn't thought about that but it's a very cool way to use orbiter to advantage. thanks!
QI'DaS tuQ SoSlI'

Super Tech
Posts: 69

Re: Welcome to Fall Festival of Death 2

Post#89 » Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:18 am

I'm so stupid. I was convinced that the Crystal had minefields that were immune to sweeping due to some orbiter bug. I kept waking up all night wondering what the problem was. I was going to complain because I wasn't in a ion storm during mine sweep then I looked at the whole map and noticed that there were no ion storms anywhere... :o Why did VPA have ion storms turned off? #-o I sent a freighter into a mine field because I was so sure I could sweep it first. Now I have to go on a rescue mission. :cry:

There is still one bug left. VPA says every Crystal field is a normal minefield. I thought he was using the wrong mission. :?:

User avatar
Havok
Site Admin
Posts: 7557
Contact:

Re: Welcome to Fall Festival of Death 2

Post#90 » Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:31 am

Super Tech wrote:I'm so stupid. I was convinced that the Crystal had minefields that were immune to sweeping due to some orbiter bug. I kept waking up all night wondering what the problem was. I was going to complain because I wasn't in a ion storm during mine sweep then I looked at the whole map and noticed that there were no ion storms anywhere... :o Why did VPA have ion storms turned off? #-o I sent a freighter into a mine field because I was so sure I could sweep it first. Now I have to go on a rescue mission. :cry:

There is still one bug left. VPA says every Crystal field is a normal minefield. I thought he was using the wrong mission. :?:
Might want to check you vpa.ini file.
Regards,
][avok

Return to “Messages From Old Games”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests

cron