WHY CARDNO?! WHY?!

Moderators: BitMask, Havok

Cardno

Re: WHY CARDNO?! WHY?!

Post#61 » Fri Mar 29, 2013 4:33 pm

Gilgamesh wrote:Holy crap Cardno - you've had some lousy luck in the last while.

Best wishes to your wife for a quick recovery - and to you and the family too. It has to turn around soon.
Thanks Gil. It has been a 'bit much' thats for sure.

Hawkeye

Post#62 » Fri Mar 29, 2013 6:21 pm

Rimstalker wrote: Can you elaborate on this? I like seeing how various people interpret 'one ally'.
I can help you out there Rimstalker. No alliance, agreement, conflict or communication of any type has occured between myself and the Robot player. In fact I'm not even 100% certain as to exactly which cluster the robots are in, but I have my suspicions. I currently only have a NAP with one player. The other players including the Robots will be able to confirm this.

Cardno wrote: I don't know what you are asking for Rimstalker. Hawkeye and I traded blows for maybe 30 or so turns, the tide turning when the Bots came at me, with Golems - coming from the Birds Cluster.
Cardno is very much mistaken on this one. Firstly, the Feds have never had any ships even close to being within scan range of the actual Birdmen cluster. Further, as far as I can work out the only route for the Robots to attack the Feds is directly through the middle of the map. This would give rise to the illusion that the golems have approached through once-held Birdmen territory, however to say that the golems came from the Birds cluster is just plain incorrect.

Hawkeye

Cardno

Post#63 » Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:43 pm

I certainl don't wish to give anyone the wrong idea about anything.

It is true - that I was assuming the birdman cluster was clockwise from the fascist cluster - wich in turn was clockwise from the Fed (my) Cluster. It was the cluster to the left (clockwise) from the old fascist cluster that the Golems came. I saw significant Birdmen ships coming from the same cluster - hence my assumption. I will look back on some old RST's, purely from an interest point of view, but I held a fair bit of the 'bottom' of the middle cluster ad would be surpised to see the Golem's coming from there. That's not what my recall is anyway.

I'm not at home right now, hence why I can't check it this minute.

Hawkeye

Post#64 » Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:13 pm

I think you may be confusing Golems with Gorbies... Yes there are Gorbies down this way, left behind by the now departed Empire player :wink:

Cardno

Post#65 » Sat Mar 30, 2013 2:50 am

I stand corrected and apologise if my comments led to the wrong assumptions. I was smashed up by Bird Owned Gorbies - not Golems.

Rimstalker

Post#66 » Sat Mar 30, 2013 4:55 pm

that makes things easier then, thanks for clearing it up.

and all the best to your wife
Wirklich reich ist, wer mehr | Truly rich is, who holds
Träume in seiner Seele hat, | more dreams in his soul
als die Realität zerstören kann.| than reality can destroy.

Cardno

Post#67 » Sat Mar 30, 2013 10:14 pm

Thanks. She is allowed to drive again so I have my life back.

Burnerboy

Post#68 » Sun Mar 31, 2013 9:29 pm

Cardno wrote:Thanks. She is allowed to drive again so I have my life back.
Have your life back? :shock: Perhaps you don't understand the term "Married" #-o And you thought sheep took up a lot of time =D>

Cardno

Post#69 » Sun Apr 07, 2013 4:41 am

Being married is one thing - but..... We have been married just over two years. She was diagnosed with a condition requiring brain surgery just three weeks after we were married. Let's just say that was only the start.....

Return to “Messages From Old Games”