Moderators: BitMask, Havok

Cardno

Re: WHY CARDNO?! WHY?!

Post#46 » Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:59 am

Your my role model..... :static:

Rimstalker

Post#47 » Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:12 pm

Cardno wrote:I have further replied to Hawkeye by email and won't be continuing any kind of a discussion with you Rimstalker, except to say, like Hawkeye, you seem to prefer to make assumptions rather than ask simple questions.
now that you are better, try to see my message as a fun poke (which it was intended to be)

Does it work?
Wirklich reich ist, wer mehr | Truly rich is, who holds
Träume in seiner Seele hat, | more dreams in his soul
als die Realität zerstören kann.| than reality can destroy.

Cardno

Post#48 » Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:49 pm

Rimstalker wrote:
Cardno wrote:I have further replied to Hawkeye by email and won't be continuing any kind of a discussion with you Rimstalker, except to say, like Hawkeye, you seem to prefer to make assumptions rather than ask simple questions.
now that you are better, try to see my message as a fun poke (which it was intended to be)

Does it work?
That works. I have to say that shit i had was worse than when I had possible Pneumonia three years ago. Now all these helpful bastards are coming out of the woodwork and telling me that if I had drunk plenty of cranberry juice - it would probably have sorted it straight away. remember that - if you develop blood in your urine - go see a doctor, but drink CRANBERRY juice asap...

Donovan

Post#49 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:08 am

So......

I'm trying not to assume anything here, but from the looks of things we've been waiting for a week for Cardno to not send in a turn?

Rimstalker

Post#50 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:24 am

not correct.

We have been waiting for 10 days for him not to send in a turn.

Raven2

Post#51 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:38 pm

The pause was not at Cardno's request. It was mine. I managed to get a final turn in before I had to attend to a family issue. Carndno never sent in a turn, so the game was never hosted.
>>> Raven <<<

Rimstalker

Post#52 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:18 am

the plot thickens! Weirdest pause in my planets career, I gotta admit:

Jonnny posts on the forum, askings for a pause.
Cardno posts about bladder infections not long ago, and then about the tribulations of installing Winplan.
Actual pause request is from someone totally different...

Cardno

Post#53 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:27 am

I'm sorry i held the game up for 1 turn gentlemen. I read the email ][avok sent out about a pause and didn't read further to see the note about the game running again if everyone got their turn in. If I had - I would have got it done.

Please note- not much use emailing me after the fact. If you all understood that one more turn would run once they were all in - and my turn was the only one not in for - what? 10 days? I'm surprised someone didn't email me.

Having said all that - I did miss turns for two games which were both paused for a decent period. I have my game notifications set up on Outlook, but my laptop has been sent away for replacement and I am using an old, old one now.

I have made it my policy not to ask for game stalls and even continued my games when away in Thailand on holiday. Likewise, with my laptop dramas, I haven't asked for a delay - I did whatever i could to keep playing. I don't blame anyone for a game pause, just making the point that I do what I can not to delay games.

Hawkeye

Post#54 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:25 pm

I've emailed Havok to ask if we can get the game unstalled now that Jonny has his turn in, otherwise we might be waiting a while... :roll:

Cardno

Post#55 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:28 pm

Hawkeye wrote:I've emailed Havok to ask if we can get the game unstalled now that Jonny has his turn in, otherwise we might be waiting a while... :roll:
Fortuntely there are those with better communication sills than yourself, and when I woke up and found Donovan's email's, I tanked him, explained Ihad no time to do a turn, and emailed ][avok to say, don't hold he game up for me - and to crunch it. Just sayin.......

ps - I ddnt knwo what the nd date was forthis pause, and ][avok did hae an email in my box this moring to say tha the game was unstalled, but once again, I decided to let you guys get a tun done in your (Northern Hemisphere),

Hawkeye

Post#56 » Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:09 am

Goodbye, Ace Cardno - you were a most worthy adversary! :twisted:

Cardno

Post#57 » Fri Mar 29, 2013 5:12 am

Sorry I dropped. Wife fell down the stairs two weeks ago and fractured her foot. Been pretty immobile and I have been picking up a lot of the 'kids' stuff. Then last weekend she had a minor case of Deep Vein Thumbosis. Life has been scrambled to say the least. With Easter Friday, i'm all out of synch, didn't even realise the game was running today.

Remember Hawkeye, I only joined this game to help there be a human player involved. I think I did ok until the Bots joined in with some Golems to help you.

Gilgamesh

Post#58 » Fri Mar 29, 2013 8:49 am

Holy crap Cardno - you've had some lousy luck in the last while.

Best wishes to your wife for a quick recovery - and to you and the family too. It has to turn around soon.
QI'DaS tuQ SoSlI'

Rimstalker

Post#59 » Fri Mar 29, 2013 2:28 pm

Cardno wrote:Sorry I dropped. Wife fell down the stairs two weeks ago and fractured her foot. Been pretty immobile and I have been picking up a lot of the 'kids' stuff. Then last weekend she had a minor case of Deep Vein Thumbosis. Life has been scrambled to say the least. With Easter Friday, i'm all out of synch, didn't even realise the game was running today.

Remember Hawkeye, I only joined this game to help there be a human player involved. I think I did ok until the Bots joined in with some Golems to help you.
Can you elaborate on this? I like seeing how various people interpret 'one ally'.

Cardno

Post#60 » Fri Mar 29, 2013 4:21 pm

I don't know what you are asking for Rimstalker. Hawkeye and I traded blows for maybe 30 or so turns, the tide turning when the Bots came at me, with Golems - coming from the Birds Cluster.

Return to “Messages From Old Games”