Fed War 2 Diplomacy guidelines

Moderators: BitMask, Havok

BitMask
Site Admin

Fed War 2 Diplomacy guidelines

Post#1 » Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:39 am

We had some questions about this, so I decided to post the answer here for everyone to see.

How much are opposing teams are allowed to communicate?
Opposing teams are playing using the Xenophobia rules. This means No cooperation of any sort is permitted.
No NAPs, No Borders, No exchanges, no coordinated military, nothing.

And what about the Privateers or Crystals?
Privateers & Crystals play using the limited Mercenary rules. The exchange of any asset (ally or enemy) in trade, Borders and NAPs are legal between all players as well as gorilla strikes are legal, if proper payment of some sort is done relative to the amount of effort involved.
Anything else is not allowed

JonnyDoH

Re: Fed War 2 Diplomacy guidelines

Post#2 » Fri Dec 28, 2012 4:16 am

Crap. So players can strike deals with the Crystals or Privateers? Well that makes things different.
Your go-to source for bargain basement, high quality cardboard armored war ships!

BitMask
Site Admin

Post#3 » Sat Dec 29, 2012 8:09 am

Remember, Only short term deals and it has to be with payment.
You cannot get them to attack an enemy (long term deal)
but you can get them to acquire a specific ship for you for instance.

JonnyDoH

Post#4 » Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:38 pm

How would negotiating a NAP work? What sort of assets would you have to trade?
Your go-to source for bargain basement, high quality cardboard armored war ships!

FireAge

Post#5 » Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:01 am

JonnyDoH wrote:How would negotiating a NAP work? What sort of assets would you have to trade?
BitMask wrote: And what about the Privateers or Crystals?
Privateers & Crystals play using the limited Mercenary rules. The exchange of any asset (ally or enemy) in trade, Borders and NAPs are legal between all players as well as gorilla strikes are legal, if proper payment of some sort is done relative to the amount of effort involved.
Anything else is not allowed
I thought priv + crys were able to strike NAP deals with anyone if they wanted to.
Gorilla strikes are kinda funny though, unless you mean Guerrilla strikes :)
And the proper payment option to me, means that the priv/crys needs to get ahead by the arrangement.
So if for instance you wanted me to stop an oncoming fleet, you could provide me the torps to do so, and I would keep the ships I capture :P

JonnyDoH

Post#6 » Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:55 pm

One has to wonder why the Crystals and the Team 3 Starfleet are converging on the same world in my sector, and why the T3 Starfleet is seemingly unaffected by the Crystal Webmines. I'm not suggesting that they are allied, but it sure seems like it.

FireAge

Post#7 » Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:38 pm

Allied? No.
Am I letting him pass through my mines to remove your theat from my border? Yes :twisted:

JonnyDoH

Post#8 » Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:48 pm

I find it interesting that you both seem to be converging on the same world. But okay, if that's the nature of your agreement I'll have to take your word for it. It just seems a little fishy from my point of view. A NAP that requires a specific deal is what's specified in the rules here. Working together to assault the same planetary objective seems a little closer than a NAP.

I noticed two of your ships meeting in deep space a few turns ago, but I didn't see a trade of goods (could have been torps, but what do I know, right?).

FireAge

Post#9 » Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:27 pm

Since it seems to annoy you, I'll tell you the deal.
And then you (or someone else) can be the judge of whether or not it is suitable.
Not looking to be a game spoiler on this one, neither is fed, who was also expressing doubt on if this was legal or not.

I've told him where to find you, and I've given him my minefield code so that he can get to you.
In return I get his ships fighting your invading army, and the promise of a loki on call in my fight against the klingon.
In addition, we have an NAP, with a border specifying which of your worlds can be mine, and which can be his.

If this is not an acceptable deal, I'd like to hear it. Then I'll let the Fed know, and change my minefield code the turn after.

JonnyDoH

Post#10 » Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:40 pm

Fireage, I appreciate that. I really do.

I'm fine with about 2/3's of those agreements, but have some problems with a few of the others. I'll let Bitmask weigh in and say what's kosher or not though, and go with his judgement.

BitMask
Site Admin

Post#11 » Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:12 am

From the description from FireAge it is all 100% legal.

If the Crystals also join T3 in the attack that would not be legal. (As the Crystals already have a agreement which give advantage to T3.)

JonnyDoH

Post#12 » Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:19 am

So if they assaulted the same world it would not be legal? Would the assault have to occur on the same turn? Or over several turns? Just curious.

I want to clarify this because it determines whether or not ships stationed at the planet in question are safe where they are-- If the agreement between the crystals and Feds excludes their planetary conquests (i.e. they already agreed on splitting certain worlds between them), then the world that those ships are at is currently "safe"-- the Crystals assaulted that world were repulsed a turn or two ago. If the Feds attack the same world, they are technically in collusion working to defeat the fleets there. Who gets the world? First come, first conquered? Is the diplomacy still legal? The Crystals effectively weakened the fleet there, giving advantage to the incoming Fed fleet. That's giving me some major issues on the "fairness" here.

As for the rest... Ah well. Time to enjoy some fireworks!

BitMask
Site Admin

Post#13 » Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:50 am

There is no way to micro manage these things, so we do depend on players keeping to the rules and spirit of the game to make it fun and fair to everyone.

Assaulted the same world does not mean they work together. It sounds more like that is how the Crystals were able to sell the information about your location. If there are repeated assault by both parties, then that would diffidently be cooperation.

Now lets see some fireworks ! :)

Return to “Messages From Old Games”