Another pause?

Moderators: BitMask, Havok

JonnyDoH

Another pause?

Post#1 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:12 am

I'm somewhat loathe to do this, especially since we just had a pause-- but the laptop I use to play VGA Planets isn't working. I can hear it spinning up and booting; the start up sound goes, but the screen looks like it burnt itself out. I tried connecting it to an external monitor but without an installation of software first, that refuses to work too. I'm willing to miss a few turns if everyone else doesn't want to pause, especially considering I'm in last place anyway-- but if people are willing to wait, I'd appreciate it.

I'm taking it in to the dealer tomorrow; hopefully they can solve the issue within the week. =P
Your go-to source for bargain basement, high quality cardboard armored war ships!

Cardno

Re: Another pause?

Post#2 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:00 am

If you haven't already, you need to email ][avok and / or bitmask to let them know you need a pause.

We are looking at 12 hours or so to game run, so I will email on your behalf, just in case you haven't.

JonnyDoH

Post#3 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:49 am

Thanks Cardno! I appreciate that. =D
Your go-to source for bargain basement, high quality cardboard armored war ships!

Rimstalker

Post#4 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:41 pm

I'd like to avoid the pause, if possible, I tend to get really disoriented by those, and the turns after picking up again take three times as long.

If it works for you, I'd assume Donovan would agree not to intercept/attack your ships this turn if it means that host is running.
Wirklich reich ist, wer mehr | Truly rich is, who holds
Träume in seiner Seele hat, | more dreams in his soul
als die Realität zerstören kann.| than reality can destroy.

JonnyDoH

Post#5 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:03 pm

Actually, most of my ships are clear of Donovan. My main concern is the Q continuum, which seems to be doing everything in its suspicious bag of tricks to capture my meteors.

Hawkeye

Post#6 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:11 am

Can we get the game unstalled now that Jonny has his turn in...? :?

Return to “Messages From Old Games”