Going on Holiday, What do I do?

Moderators: BitMask, Havok

Wacky

Going on Holiday, What do I do?

Post#1 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:19 am

Hi there,

I will be leaving on a skiing holiday in two weeks (for one week) so I will miss 3 turns.

Is there a way to:
-Sent my turns to a friend
-Let someone else in the game play my turns (maybe I have a really good ally by then)
-Pause the game

Thanks

Rimstalker

Re: Going on Holiday, What do I do?

Post#2 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:10 am

you can enter a 2nd email address where the turns get sent to. Important: Your ally would need to do maketurn for both at the same time, otherwise, host will complain.

And usually, you should only miss 2 turns, as you can either do a very quick one before you leave, or do one just in time before you come back.

and you could set up a cplayer to do your turns as well, but I'm not too certain about the details, since I never did that.
Wirklich reich ist, wer mehr | Truly rich is, who holds
Träume in seiner Seele hat, | more dreams in his soul
als die Realität zerstören kann.| than reality can destroy.

Wacky

Post#3 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:50 am

Thanks for the information.

Unfortunately, I leave on Friday night JUST before host runs, and get back Saturday night, so I will really miss 3 turns.
But the 2nd email address should make it possible for me to find someone to help me out :D.

Havok
Site Admin

Post#4 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:24 pm

If you would like your game paused write Imageand let us know when you need the pause started and when you're going to return and we'll handle it from there. Make sure on your return date that you give yourself time to play your turn, otherwise you could still miss it if you don't.
Regards,
][avok

Wacky

Post#5 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:28 am

Thanks for the info Havok, but I would rather not pause the game as a consideration to the other players.

With 10 players, if the game pauses every time one of them is on holiday, it would progress really slowly. I can imagine the 9 other guys playing the game would be less than happy with a week long pause.

I have arranged a friend who will play my turns. It will just mean I will have to do a LOT of careful planning to give him detailed instructions on 3 turns of play ;).

Return to “Messages From Old Games”