Game over

Moderators: BitMask, Havok

FireAge

Game over

Post#1 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:48 am

Hi all.

This game was a bit boring to play. It started out nice, but ended in a major drag, with no competition who really committed to fight.

Here are some VPA images of the end result.

I started out in the lower left corner and had only a few planets to grab before needing to move out. One of my first vessels moving out was spotted by the Rebel who after some contact I decided to ally with. Shortly after I discover the Borg to my right, and was contacted by the lizard in an effort to grab the borg together.
I moved in with webs, while the lizard snuck in to tow a firecloud towards a specifically build T-Rex. We managed to grab the FireCloud and decided to ally.

Next time, I think I will not ally with 2 persons again, it removes part of the fun, as there is not enough people to fight with :). Lizard went up and crushed the colonies, and the inactive privs. We squased the Borg grabbing a few annihilation in the process.

Meanwhile the bird seemed to have destroyed the klingon in the north-west. And began moving out towards the robot. He was assaulted by the Rebel, and managed to drive the Rebel back a bit, until I started dropping huge lizard HISS funded webmines. After that he dropped out. -> Another reason not to make a 3-races team.

From that point on, things went slow. Fed and Robot were allied, so it was Robot minefields and Fed Nova + Golems, vs Crystal minefields and Lizard Rush (a few) + T-rex + Crystal Thunder. Fed/Robot became rather passive. Not wanting to engage any region where minefields were even present. Instead, they just sat there, as we flew by their huge fleet, completely surrounded it with webmines, and started eating their planets.

In the north-east, the Empire was trying to sneak a SSD towards the lizards region. But we noticed it, and the hunt for the Red October began, with him flying it well out of the map and refueling it with probes. We managed to catch the SSD and all of his probes a few turns before the end. By then we were 500 ly out of the border region and 600 ly from the nearest planets. They are still haging about there protected with a small webfield, with no way of reclaming them. Except the SSD, which we extracted by FCC.

Thanks all for playing.
My apologies for forming a 3-races team, and I hope to see more competition in the next one.

BitMask
Site Admin

Re: Game over

Post#2 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:22 am

Nice write up of the game.

Havok
Site Admin

Re: Game over

Post#3 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:15 am

I don't know if Kai updates his site with game write-up's any longer but I suggest sending that to him over at Cornrelius.de.
Regards,
][avok

Return to “Messages From Old Games”