End to a disappointing game?

Moderators: BitMask, Havok

Kid Khan

End to a disappointing game?

Post#1 » Sat May 25, 2013 2:42 am

Since everybody seems to be engaged in RL stuff that doesn't permit them to go on playing I think its time to stop this game. I was playing the Q the entire game and when even Gil's Xtals turned Q-ish now the final bit of spice to the game disappeared. Though we, Steve's Colonies and my Borg, finally met now I'm not really motivated to go after him.

So.. what do we do? Call it a day? Play 3 more turns? 10 more? Or still make it to 100?

Cardno

Re: End to a disappointing game?

Post#2 » Sat May 25, 2013 10:52 pm

I asked for a game pause before going on holiday - but the message didn't get through to achieve that. Dissapointed that I ended up 'dropping'. As the bots - I had an unusually poor cluster. Was a real challenge to get going.

Diamondback

Post#3 » Tue May 28, 2013 5:50 am

I would agree to ending if all wish. Both my attackers are now the Q. Very disappointing.

BitMask
Site Admin

Post#4 » Tue May 28, 2013 11:43 am

You need one more player to agree. Then we can stop the game.

Kid Khan

Post#5 » Tue May 28, 2013 2:28 pm

I sent an ingame msg last turn... lets see, if the others noticed.
I would like a 3 turn end, if you don't mind.

ssavage

Post#6 » Wed May 29, 2013 1:05 pm

Hello all,

I agree to end the game and am fine if we wish to go 3 more turns to wrap things up. It was disappointing to see so many players leave the game (Cardno excepted as that was bad luck).

I'm learning how the scoring works on this site and I can see that the fighter races all have a huge advantage. My fleet in this game wasn't as strong as my 4th place Xtal fleet in BT12 but here my score is way higher than in BT12.

Looking forward to new games :-)

Steve
Colonies

BitMask
Site Admin

Post#7 » Thu May 30, 2013 1:08 am

This game is now set to end at turn 75.

Kid Khan

Post#8 » Thu May 30, 2013 1:29 am

Ah, great, thx Bitmask.

Just for the record: I just received mail from Jocelyn (Empire) that she's in for ending as well, but not doing forums. So, that makes it an unanimous decision, even if Bitmask did it already.

Want to say thanks for the game anyway, thanks to the people who made it through to the end. Hope to meet you again in the coming games.

Return to “Messages From Old Games”