Dawn of war:Dark Crusade

Excited about that hot new video game? Wanna brag about your sweet new gadget? Here's a place for you to talk about it!

Moderators: BitMask, Havok

lord vinny

Dawn of war:Dark Crusade

Post#1 » Mon Sep 11, 2006 6:27 pm

I loved playing dawn of war when it first came out, but it got kinda old after i beat the campaign...i tried to play online but gave up that idea really fast :shock: ...the shame, the humility, the horror...anyway, i never got the winter assult exp. because i didnt think it was worth the $30 and like i said i was tired of the game anyway..
...but now...now comes the second expansion :P and it looks worth it by far...though i havnt read about a new campaign along with the exp. but im sure they added one...
here is a gamespy review and some pics(which look awsome)...
http://pc.gamespy.com/pc/warhammer-4000 ... 864p1.html

anyone else fans of this rts series??
yuck!...Who's got the cat breath?

Praetor Spectre

Post#2 » Fri Nov 10, 2006 1:00 pm

Thats the problem with these stroy-telling RTS games - once campaign is done, you had better be really good or have good group of regular friends to play online, otherwise youre done. Fortunately for me I have at least a couple of diehard rts friends to beat up on and the game proves its value and gets to keep a precious spot on the o HD.
The WinterAssault exp added the usual couple races and mini-campaign but twist you played all the races of particular side (Light or Dark) not just one race all the way through. Neat but not enough to make u buy - what does make it worth it is the mod support and most req WA.
Very cool mods add a lot of life: FullScale, Halfscale come to mind and the most polished is Steel Legion which takes the Imperium from WA and makes them into a viable race.
The same needs to be done for the Tau in DarkCrusade.
Dark Crusade adds 2 races but its a conquor the world territory by territory with resource points and rewards adding to your persistent army - ala TotalWar Rome, Warlords, etc. Very cool and nice change of pace but not balanced: the Necrons are very tough (but cool) and Tau receive short end of stick. You can play with full ver of WA so 7 races but again its not balanced so online is tough playing but amonst friends who enjoy that universe - its fun. We're all waiting for the mods to be updated for DarkCrusade and them it all should really rock.
Kill them all...
drink their blood, salt their fields, torch their homes
- let only history remember them -

...then take their stuff.

Havok
Site Admin

Post#3 » Fri Nov 10, 2006 4:37 pm

Praetor Spectre wrote:Thats the problem with these stroy-telling RTS games - once campaign is done, you had better be really good or have good group of regular friends to play online, otherwise youre done. Fortunately for me I have at least a couple of diehard rts friends to beat up on and the game proves its value and gets to keep a precious spot on the o HD.
The WinterAssault exp added the usual couple races and mini-campaign but twist you played all the races of particular side (Light or Dark) not just one race all the way through. Neat but not enough to make u buy - what does make it worth it is the mod support and most req WA.
Very cool mods add a lot of life: FullScale, Halfscale come to mind and the most polished is Steel Legion which takes the Imperium from WA and makes them into a viable race.
The same needs to be done for the Tau in DarkCrusade.
Dark Crusade adds 2 races but its a conquor the world territory by territory with resource points and rewards adding to your persistent army - ala TotalWar Rome, Warlords, etc. Very cool and nice change of pace but not balanced: the Necrons are very tough (but cool) and Tau receive short end of stick. You can play with full ver of WA so 7 races but again its not balanced so online is tough playing but amonst friends who enjoy that universe - its fun. We're all waiting for the mods to be updated for DarkCrusade and them it all should really rock.
I don't know about Dark Crusade, but a good example of a game you can play after the campaign is NeverWinter Nights. It has a world builder and a whole set of scenarios you can play by the mod community.

After a 4 year wait, NW2 came out last week, but I haven't been able to find a copy on the shelves yet... Who say's PC games are dead....
Regards,
][avok

Return to “Technology & Games”