Supreme Commander

Excited about that hot new video game? Wanna brag about your sweet new gadget? Here's a place for you to talk about it!

Moderators: BitMask, Havok

Havok
Site Admin

Supreme Commander

Post#1 » Mon Sep 11, 2006 7:08 pm

Anyone a fan of the old Total Annihilation game from Cavedog? Well, Cavedog got consumed by Infograms who then went on to rebrand itself as Atari.

The author of Total Annihilation went on to start a new company called Gas Powered Games and put out Dungeon Seige, and Dungeon Seige 2. Now he's finally working on the sequel to TA. It's not called TA2 for copyright reasons.

There's some good stuff at the website. You'll need a broadband connection and Flash installed to check out all of the content. Good little movie of the gameplay too.

I can promise anyone here that if you like games like this, I'll be more than happy to throw down with you once this comes out.

http://www.supremecommander.com/
Last edited by Havok on Mon Sep 11, 2006 10:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Regards,
][avok

Olyrin

Post#2 » Mon Sep 11, 2006 10:01 pm

Sweet. I loved playing TA. It took forever to get good at it. Thanks for the update.
It is not the critic who counts...
The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena...

hennef

Post#3 » Tue Sep 12, 2006 8:58 am

WOOOOOOW!!!

just WOW... i loved TA... it is so GREAT!!! ;)
have fun!

hennef

Praetor Spectre

Post#4 » Fri Nov 10, 2006 1:07 pm

While Dune2 is the grandaddy of modern rts, TA perfected it. That game still rocks. This forum made me go look - and still thousands of units and TCs and packs to d/l - amazing! Crap - gonna have to reinstall it now...
SupremeCommander should live up to expectations as great as they are. The sheer scale of conquoring continents - now thats something ive waited for a long time (along with 3D map in a 4x spacegame).
And the trailer is nice - of course anything involving a megaton nuke - is nice.
Kill them all...
drink their blood, salt their fields, torch their homes
- let only history remember them -

...then take their stuff.

hennef

Post#5 » Fri Nov 10, 2006 1:13 pm

hehe, true! 8)
have fun!

hennef

Havok
Site Admin

Post#6 » Fri Nov 10, 2006 4:33 pm

Praetor Spectre wrote:While Dune2 is the grandaddy of modern rts, TA perfected it. That game still rocks. This forum made me go look - and still thousands of units and TCs and packs to d/l - amazing! Crap - gonna have to reinstall it now...
SupremeCommander should live up to expectations as great as they are. The sheer scale of conquoring continents - now thats something ive waited for a long time (along with 3D map in a 4x spacegame).
And the trailer is nice - of course anything involving a megaton nuke - is nice.
You know, just to rub salt in the wound...

BANE contacted me last week, their is an open beta for Supreme Commander right now. We went to sign up for it at Game Spy but they require you to purchase a paid subscription now to beta anything... And buying a subscription doesn't guarentee that you'll get in the beta...

I was disapointed to say the least...
Regards,
][avok

Return to “Technology & Games”