DEFCON

Excited about that hot new video game? Wanna brag about your sweet new gadget? Here's a place for you to talk about it!

Moderators: BitMask, Havok

hennef

DEFCON

Post#1 » Tue Oct 03, 2006 5:42 pm

this game RAWX the world - lol!!!

http://www.everybody-dies.com/

i forgo to turn - nearly ;)
have fun!

hennef

Havok
Site Admin

Re: DEFCON

Post#2 » Tue Oct 03, 2006 6:46 pm

hennef wrote:this game RAWX the world - lol!!!

http://www.everybody-dies.com/

i forgo to turn - nearly ;)
Hey I downloaded the demo for that over the weekend. Where did you hear about it? I've been looking for someone to try it out with, but I think you can only use the demo copy with someone who's registered.

For anyone that hasn't looked at it yet, it's like a simulation of the old Wargames movie from back in the 80's.
Regards,
][avok

hennef

Post#3 » Wed Oct 04, 2006 7:44 am

i open games called ---HENNEF--- 3 or 4 times a day atm ;)

if you are lucky...... :D

i heard about it on the weekend as well. i read about it on www.spiegel.de i think. a friend downed it quickly and spread word of it, too. now we have three registered copies around already with my brother wanting to join the club too. but you can easily join in any game with your demo-version. as long as the rest is full-version. or you can play one-on-one with another demo-user.

but hey. 14€. that is a fair price anyway.
have fun!

hennef

Praetor Spectre

Post#4 » Fri Nov 10, 2006 12:48 pm

This game is fun. I wasnt able to fully get into it --- until I slowed it down to realtime... ;) I bought a license for it - tell ya what, once you play in a full game - you cant go back to 1v1. A lot of people seem to really have trouble grasping the idea that to win is to lose the least and that concept hits home in a full player game. Whoa. My fantasy of playing Wargames the Game -finally- has arrived.

The other games by Introversion are definitely worth checking out. Never gave Uplink its due until I got hooked on Darwinia. Both rock and are definitely worth full copies.

Ive always been a supporter of indies thinking theyre success is crucial to keeping my habit fun and long lived - and its great games from great little companies like Introversion that reinforces that belief.
Kill them all...
drink their blood, salt their fields, torch their homes
- let only history remember them -

...then take their stuff.

hennef

Post#5 » Fri Nov 10, 2006 1:34 pm

i have to play that again soon, but my time is running thin atm.
have fun!

hennef

Return to “Technology & Games”