Microsoft Vista

Excited about that hot new video game? Wanna brag about your sweet new gadget? Here's a place for you to talk about it!

Moderators: BitMask, Havok

Cherek

Microsoft Vista

Post#1 » Thu Feb 01, 2007 11:04 pm

Just to let everyone know, WinPlan, Echoview and Sendturn Pro works with Vista.
The line below is true.
The line above is false.

Cherek

FLETCH

Post#2 » Thu Feb 01, 2007 11:23 pm

I was going to ask if anyone had tried...
FLETCH

667 The NEIGHBOUR of the BEAST!

Cherek

Post#3 » Thu Feb 01, 2007 11:27 pm

Now you don't have to ask. :D It is going to take some time to get use to it though.
The line below is true.
The line above is false.

Cherek

Shardin5

Post#4 » Fri Feb 02, 2007 12:15 am

Commodore Cherek, IRJTN wrote:Now you don't have to ask. :D It is going to take some time to get use to it though.
I don't use Sendtrn, but I can confirm that winplan and EchoView work just fine. As for taking time?!?!?!??! My eyes hurt, not sure I am hip with a Rolodex
Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference.
The US Marines don't have that problem.
President Ronald Reagan

Cherek

Post#5 » Mon Feb 05, 2007 9:49 am

Enemy#1, you didn't look at my first message, I said SendTurn Pro works. I can also say that Tanascius works also.

I haven't been able to get Trillian to work yet. Apparently there is a service that Trillian needs and can't find or access, I currently trying to track it down. I haven't tried Skype.
The line below is true.
The line above is false.

Cherek

Shardin5

Post#6 » Mon Feb 05, 2007 10:18 am

Commodore Cherek, IRJTN wrote:Enemy#1, you didn't look at my first message, I said SendTurn Pro works. I can also say that Tanascius works also.

I haven't been able to get Trillian to work yet. Apparently there is a service that Trillian needs and can't find or access, I currently trying to track it down. I haven't tried Skype.
tsk, tsk, tsk,
Sherek, YOU DIDN'T read my post. I said I don't USE Sendturn Pro, and can CONFIRM, about Echoview and Winplan. As for the other programs, I don't use them so I can't say one way or another.
President Ronald Reagan

Cherek

Post#7 » Mon Feb 05, 2007 10:25 am

Enemy#1 wrote:tsk, tsk, tsk,
Sherek, YOU DIDN'T read my post. I said I don't USE Sendturn Pro, and can CONFIRM, about Echoview and Winplan.
You're right I skimmed over the message. I guess I'll head off and get another cup of coffee.
The line below is true.
The line above is false.

Cherek

Shardin5

Post#8 » Mon Feb 05, 2007 10:26 am

Commodore Cherek, IRJTN wrote:
Enemy#1 wrote:tsk, tsk, tsk,
Sherek, YOU DIDN'T read my post. I said I don't USE Sendturn Pro, and can CONFIRM, about Echoview and Winplan.
You're right I skimmed over the message. I guess I'll head off and get another cup of coffee.
Good Morning Sunshine :P
President Ronald Reagan

Havok
Site Admin

Post#9 » Mon Feb 05, 2007 10:39 am

Commodore Cherek, IRJTN wrote:Enemy#1, you didn't look at my first message, I said SendTurn Pro works. I can also say that Tanascius works also.

Trillian has a new Vista version coming out called Trillian Astera. It's getting ready to go into beta.

http://www.ceruleanstudios.com/ap/
Regards,
][avok

Cherek

Post#10 » Mon Feb 05, 2007 10:41 am

Havok wrote:

Trillian has a new Vista version coming out called Trillian Astera. It's getting ready to go into beta.

It must be a new post, I didn't see yesterday afternoon.

Thanks, I'll check it out tonight (it's being blocked from work).
The line below is true.
The line above is false.

Cherek

Havok
Site Admin

Post#11 » Mon Feb 05, 2007 10:48 am

Commodore Cherek, IRJTN wrote:
Havok wrote:

It must be a new post, I didn't see yesterday afternoon.

Thanks, I'll check it out tonight (it's being blocked from work).
It hasn't been there long. I just found it on Friday myself. There's a little flash demo and stuff. Looks promising.
Regards,
][avok

RealMurphy

Post#12 » Tue Feb 06, 2007 6:02 am

Sorry for the rant, but can anyone explain to me, why you all jump onboard of Vista where you pay a lot of money for less rights?

It is true, that the appearance looks much nicer than the old XP style, but is that being enough to put *your* computer under the control of others?

Just my 2 €-cent ;)

Cherek

Post#13 » Tue Feb 06, 2007 8:54 am

Havok wrote:

It is still "Under Development".

I'm about 80% sure that this weekend, Vista will be replaced by WinXP on my system. This is not because Vista itself isn’t bad, it's just that I can't afford to replace all my software that isn't compatible with Vista at this time. Once I upgrade some of my software, I'll slap Vista on again.
The line below is true.
The line above is false.

Cherek

Cherek

Post#14 » Tue Feb 06, 2007 8:58 am

RealMurphy wrote:Sorry for the rant, but can anyone explain to me, why you all jump onboard of Vista where you pay a lot of money for less rights?

It is true, that the appearance looks much nicer than the old XP style, but is that being enough to put *your* computer under the control of others?

Just my 2 €-cent ;)
I don't understand what you mean by your statements "... pay a lot of money for less rights?" and "... but is that being enough to put *your* computer under the control of others?".
The line below is true.
The line above is false.

Cherek

Klauser

Post#15 » Tue Feb 06, 2007 9:00 am

RealMurphy wrote:Sorry for the rant, but can anyone explain to me, why you all jump onboard of Vista where you pay a lot of money for less rights?

I can answer that - at least in part.

There are at least several posters here - including ][avok - who work in the IT industry. Since people buying new computers are now going to come with Vista installed, and they are going to expect their Vista-based computers to work flawlessly with their favorite apps. When they DON'T - they are going to want to have someone who can answer those questions.

Personally, RealMurphy, I'm with you. On my home computers, I won't upgrade to Vista for a while - I got burned hard on the DOS 4.0 release and since then I refuse to be a "Beta Tester for Bill".
(Yeah, I know ... I'm dating myself here.) :static:

For example, I waited about a year before migrating to Win98, and only migrated to XP about a year and a half ago.
Klauser

"Any ship can be a minesweeper ... once!"

Return to “Technology & Games”