Microsoft Vista

Excited about that hot new video game? Wanna brag about your sweet new gadget? Here's a place for you to talk about it!

Moderators: BitMask, Havok

Cardno

Post#31 » Wed Feb 07, 2007 7:56 am

FLETCH wrote:They are also known as Japanese Gooseberries :wink:
GOD STUPID bloody aussies! they are indigenious to China and were originally called CHINESE GOOSEBERRIES (by western ppl).

fletch - stop blocking me on msn - i want to abuse you :lol:

FLETCH

Post#32 » Wed Feb 07, 2007 8:26 am

Japanese, Chinese........ I knew I'd get a bite out of you :pointlaugh:
FLETCH

667 The NEIGHBOUR of the BEAST!

Cardno

Post#33 » Wed Feb 07, 2007 8:28 am

FLETCH wrote:Japanese, Chinese........ I knew I'd get a bite out of you :pointlaugh:
don't tell me - its all asian to you right! IGNORAMUS! :D

Cherek

Post#34 » Wed Feb 07, 2007 9:24 am

RealMurphy wrote:Just a small round-up from me since I'm pretty busy right now:

Sure thing, if your job depends on Vista, go for it, as long as the customers pay you :).
I agree with you for the most part. If you want to spent the money for Vista to play around with it (and to buy all the other software upgrades) then go for it. I wouldn't recommend it at this time for the causal users who are not willing to spent some money for hardware and software upgrades.
The line below is true.
The line above is false.

Cherek

Cardno

Post#35 » Wed Feb 07, 2007 10:02 am

Commodore Cherek, IRJTN wrote:
RealMurphy wrote:Just a small round-up from me since I'm pretty busy right now:

Sure thing, if your job depends on Vista, go for it, as long as the customers pay you :).
I agree with you for the most part. If you want to spent the money for Vista to play around with it (and to buy all the other software upgrades) then go for it. I wouldn't recommend it at this time for the causal users who are not willing to spent some money for hardware and software upgrades.
I thought this forum was about fruit.... whats all this techno stuff then eh?

Cherek

Post#36 » Wed Feb 07, 2007 10:15 am

Cardno wrote: I thought this forum was about fruit.... whats all this techno stuff then eh?
Your problem is that you that you attempted to do a "thought", everyone knows that is a impossibility for you.
The line below is true.
The line above is false.

Cherek

Havok
Site Admin

10 Vista Myths Debunked.

Post#37 » Wed Feb 07, 2007 10:43 am

I found a good artical about Vista myths last night. You can read it this link.

10 Vista Myths Debunked
http://articles.techrepublic.com.com/51 ... ed&subj=tr
Regards,
][avok

Cherek

Post#38 » Wed Feb 07, 2007 11:27 am

Interesting article ][avok. I'll have to check out "Run in XP Compatiblity Mode".
The line below is true.
The line above is false.

Cherek

Havok
Site Admin

Post#39 » Wed Feb 07, 2007 11:35 am

Commodore Cherek, IRJTN wrote:Interesting article ][avok. I'll have to check out "Run in XP Compatiblity Mode".
I'm looking forward to the headache :)
Regards,
][avok

Shardin5

Post#40 » Wed Feb 07, 2007 11:50 am

Commodore Cherek, IRJTN wrote:Interesting article ][avok. I'll have to check out "Run in XP Compatiblity Mode".
Get used to that setting in the Software Manager, as you wait for some product to update themselves for Vista. It reminds me a lot of When MAC os10 came out and you had to run things in a Native 9.x environment. Sometimes it works, and sometimes it didn't.
Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference.
The US Marines don't have that problem.
President Ronald Reagan

Cardno

Post#41 » Wed Feb 07, 2007 1:54 pm

Cardno wrote: I thought this forum was about fruit.... whats all this techno stuff then eh?
Your problem is that you that you attempted to do a "thought", everyone knows that is a impossibility for you.
Dude do you have de-generative brain disease? I expect better of you....... please lift your game.. :D

Cherek

Post#42 » Wed Feb 07, 2007 9:15 pm

Havok wrote:
Headache is trying to make XP and Vista dual boot. More reading coming up.
The line below is true.
The line above is false.

Cherek

Cherek

Post#43 » Wed Feb 07, 2007 9:17 pm

Cardno wrote:
Dude do you have de-generative brain disease? I expect better of you....... please lift your game.. :D
I was just trying to make sure you understood it, thats all. What good would it do if it went over your head?
The line below is true.
The line above is false.

Cherek

Havok
Site Admin

Post#44 » Wed Feb 07, 2007 9:17 pm

Havok wrote:
I'll be picking up my DVD after work. I was told that Vista offered to do this when installed on a machine that already had XP running on it.
Regards,
][avok

Cherek

Post#45 » Wed Feb 07, 2007 9:39 pm

Havok wrote:
Havok wrote: I'm looking forward to the headache :)
I'll be picking up my DVD after work. I was told that Vista offered to do this when installed on a machine that already had XP running on it.
Let me know how it goes. I was going to wipe everyting this weekend and install WinXP and then VIsta after that to see if that would would.

BTW, what that article said about running a program in XP w/SP2 mode seems to work very well. WinPlan sometimes still has slight delay. I still have at least 1 program that will not install because checks to what Windows you are using and Vista isn't in its list of OS.
The line below is true.
The line above is false.

Cherek

Return to “Technology & Games”