Anyone Watching Sci-Fi's Battlestar Galactica???

Excited about that hot new video game? Wanna brag about your sweet new gadget? Here's a place for you to talk about it!

Moderators: BitMask, Havok

User avatar
Sysop
Site Admin
Posts: 1240
Contact:

Anyone Watching Sci-Fi's Battlestar Galactica???

Post#1 » Mon Sep 19, 2005 12:04 am

Had to ask this. I don't allow myself much time for TV, but I've been watching the new Battlestar Galactica since it premiered in the UK last year (6 months before sci-fi in the US), and this is one awesome hour of sci-fi each week.

If you're looking for a good intelligent sci-fi show I highly recommend you check it out.
Best Regards,

Joe

User avatar
Battlestar Host
Posts: 66
Contact:

Re: Anyone Watching Sci-Fi's Battlestar Galactica???

Post#2 » Mon Sep 19, 2005 8:22 am

Sysop wrote:Had to ask this. I don't allow myself much time for TV, but I've been watching the new Battlestar Galactica since it premiered in the UK last year (6 months before sci-fi in the US), and this is one awesome hour of sci-fi each week.

If you're looking for a good intelligent sci-fi show I highly recommend you check it out.


Yep watch it religiously.. hehe. Anyway, interesting how its the number one rated show for Sci-Fi, yet they only ordered 10 Episodes this season, and 10 next year, instead of the full 13... what a bummer. Also interesting how it was snubbed for the Emmy Awards... just shows how biased Hollywood really is.

Ed
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Wayne, THE SHOOTIST.

User avatar
Cherek
Posts: 5695
Contact:

Re: Anyone Watching Sci-Fi's Battlestar Galactica???

Post#3 » Mon Sep 19, 2005 8:41 am

Battlestar Host wrote: Also interesting how it was snubbed for the Emmy Awards... just shows how biased Hollywood really is.

Ed

I guess Hollywood doesn't like Starbuck and the Cylon Boomer being women. I watch and record it for just in case I'm busy doing something else like doing my turn or IMing about VGAP, so that I can watch it later or rewatch an episode.
The line below is true.
The line above is false.

Cherek

User avatar
Sysop
Site Admin
Posts: 1240
Contact:

Re: Anyone Watching Sci-Fi's Battlestar Galactica???

Post#4 » Mon Sep 19, 2005 10:05 am

Battlestar Host wrote:
Sysop wrote:Had to ask this. I don't allow myself much time for TV, but I've been watching the new Battlestar Galactica since it premiered in the UK last year (6 months before sci-fi in the US), and this is one awesome hour of sci-fi each week.

If you're looking for a good intelligent sci-fi show I highly recommend you check it out.


Yep watch it religiously.. hehe. Anyway, interesting how its the number one rated show for Sci-Fi, yet they only ordered 10 Episodes this season, and 10 next year, instead of the full 13... what a bummer. Also interesting how it was snubbed for the Emmy Awards... just shows how biased Hollywood really is.

Ed


From what I saw, all 20 eps this year is all going to be season 2 (according to Ron Moore the guy in charge), the other 10 eps that start playing in Jan are supposedly already shot and just having the effects being completed. He said when they started that the 1st seven eps of the season would pretty much be the wrap-up from the 1st season.

I've got spoilers for the season finale 2 parter & eps 12 & 13 if you're interested :-$
Best Regards,

Joe

User avatar
Sysop
Site Admin
Posts: 1240
Contact:

Re: Anyone Watching Sci-Fi's Battlestar Galactica???

Post#5 » Mon Sep 19, 2005 10:08 am

Commodore Cherek, IRJTN wrote:
Battlestar Host wrote: Also interesting how it was snubbed for the Emmy Awards... just shows how biased Hollywood really is.

Ed

I guess Hollywood doesn't like Starbuck and the Cylon Boomer being women. I watch and record it for just in case I'm busy doing something else like doing my turn or IMing about VGAP, so that I can watch it later or rewatch an episode.


Well Boomer and #6 (and their clones) are welcome to stop by here anytime :)

I catch it at 1am every Sat morning on the reply. I miss the 1st run due to work... I'm thinking about getting a DVR of some sort myself. Anyone got a pref. I know we have one through work, but I don't know how it compares to a Tivo. (which I also know nothing about).
Best Regards,

Joe

User avatar
Cherek
Posts: 5695
Contact:

Re: Anyone Watching Sci-Fi's Battlestar Galactica???

Post#6 » Mon Sep 19, 2005 10:52 am

Sysop wrote:I catch it at 1am every Sat morning on the reply. I miss the 1st run due to work... I'm thinking about getting a DVR of some sort myself. Anyone got a pref. I know we have one through work, but I don't know how it compares to a Tivo. (which I also know nothing about).

My DVRs (I have three, one for each TV :wink: ) came with my dish, so I can't suggest one over the other.
The line below is true.
The line above is false.

Cherek

User avatar
Sysop
Site Admin
Posts: 1240
Contact:

Pegasus

Post#7 » Tue Sep 20, 2005 1:42 pm

I've been looking high and low for a picture of the new Pegasus on the net but so far no luck. It's supposed to be a much newer battlestar than Galactica. There is one I found called Pegasus, but it's actaully a rough of Galactica itself from when it was in the design phase.

Anyone seen anything?
Best Regards,

Joe

User avatar
Cherek
Posts: 5695
Contact:

Re: Pegasus

Post#8 » Wed Sep 21, 2005 11:38 am

Sysop wrote:I've been looking high and low for a picture of the new Pegasus on the net but so far no luck. It's supposed to be a much newer battlestar than Galactica. There is one I found called Pegasus, but it's actaully a rough of Galactica itself from when it was in the design phase.

Anyone seen anything?

I have found some good drawings, but the best picture I've found so far is at

http://www.rendezvous-design.com/shared/Pegasus.JPG
The line below is true.
The line above is false.

Cherek

User avatar
Sysop
Site Admin
Posts: 1240
Contact:

Re: Pegasus

Post#9 » Wed Sep 21, 2005 1:12 pm

Commodore Cherek, IRJTN wrote:
Sysop wrote:I've been looking high and low for a picture of the new Pegasus on the net but so far no luck. It's supposed to be a much newer battlestar than Galactica. There is one I found called Pegasus, but it's actaully a rough of Galactica itself from when it was in the design phase.

Anyone seen anything?

I have found some good drawings, but the best picture I've found so far is at

http://www.rendezvous-design.com/shared/Pegasus.JPG


Let's post that bugger here.

Image

She looks mean, more streamlined and a bit more narrow than galactica.
More engine power on the rear as well. Can't wait to see some high quality pic's of it.

Thanks Cherek!
Best Regards,

Joe

User avatar
Cherek
Posts: 5695
Contact:

Post#10 » Fri Sep 23, 2005 11:10 pm

Well, by the morning, there will be a lot of pictures of the Pegasus.
The line below is true.
The line above is false.

Cherek

User avatar
Sysop
Site Admin
Posts: 1240
Contact:

Post#11 » Sat Sep 24, 2005 3:38 pm

Commodore Cherek, IRJTN wrote:Well, by the morning, there will be a lot of pictures of the Pegasus.


Man Pegasus looked good. You know Adama can't wait to get the field rank of Admiral :) :-'

But what I'm really waiting for is that ship that they are trying to do the recon on.... Can anyone say Golem? :twisted:
Best Regards,

Joe

User avatar
Cherek
Posts: 5695
Contact:

Post#12 » Sat Sep 24, 2005 3:49 pm

Old Fashion wrote:
Commodore Cherek, IRJTN wrote:Well, by the morning, there will be a lot of pictures of the Pegasus.


Man Pegasus looked good. You know Adama can't wait to get the field rank of Admiral :) :-'

All he has to do is shoot her, like she did her First Officer, then he have the president promote him. :wink:

I can't find a new picture of Battlestar Pegasus yet. I figured every BSG site would have a picture of it by now. :(
The line below is true.
The line above is false.

Cherek

User avatar
Sysop
Site Admin
Posts: 1240
Contact:

Post#13 » Sat Sep 24, 2005 4:19 pm

Commodore Cherek, IRJTN wrote:
Old Fashion wrote:
Commodore Cherek, IRJTN wrote:Well, by the morning, there will be a lot of pictures of the Pegasus.


Man Pegasus looked good. You know Adama can't wait to get the field rank of Admiral :) :-'

All he has to do is shoot her, like she did her First Officer, then he have the president promote him. :wink:

I can't find a new picture of Battlestar Pegasus yet. I figured every BSG site would have a picture of it by now. :(


Do you think the previous 1st officers name was Shardin?
Best Regards,

Joe

User avatar
Cherek
Posts: 5695
Contact:

Post#14 » Sat Sep 24, 2005 4:27 pm

Sysop wrote:Do you think the previous 1st officers name was Shardin?

If it was, what a waste. I bet bullets are expensive and rare on the Pegasus.
The line below is true.
The line above is false.

Cherek

User avatar
Shardin5
Posts: 3808

Post#15 » Sat Sep 24, 2005 4:27 pm

Ok,
Bad enough I have to wait until Monday to watch it, but the host is taking shots at me. :evil:
Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference.
The US Marines don't have that problem.
President Ronald Reagan

Return to “Technology & Games”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron