What online games...

Excited about that hot new video game? Wanna brag about your sweet new gadget? Here's a place for you to talk about it!

Moderators: BitMask, Havok

Mika

Post#16 » Thu Mar 29, 2007 10:54 am

why that?
Never played these scenarios?
Oderint dum metuant.
---------------------------------------------
Bella gerant alii, tu, felix Austria, nube!

robert

Post#17 » Thu Mar 29, 2007 12:09 pm

hennef wrote:ww2 scenarios in civ2 and civ4? are my eyes lying to me?
=P~
OK then you can play the Germans, ill play the Allies

Shardin5

Post#18 » Thu Mar 29, 2007 12:13 pm

Any xbox Halo players out there?
Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference.
The US Marines don't have that problem.
President Ronald Reagan

Mika

Post#19 » Thu Mar 29, 2007 12:16 pm

robert wrote:
=P~
if that is possible we could also split up the forces... Germany vs USA and Brits or Allies vs Germans vs Russians...

the whole thing gets more and more interesting
Oderint dum metuant.

robert

Post#20 » Fri Mar 30, 2007 8:57 am

Mika wrote:
robert wrote:
=P~
if that is possible we could also split up the forces... Germany vs USA and Brits or Allies vs Germans vs Russians...

the whole thing gets more and more interesting
Im definately interested

hennef

Post#21 » Fri Mar 30, 2007 11:09 am

me too!

i never played any civ-scenario. i just always tried to get nukes before this jesus-guy was born. in one this was easy. in four i rate it impossible.
have fun!

hennef

Havok
Site Admin

Post#22 » Fri Mar 30, 2007 11:17 am

Enemy#1 wrote:Any xbox Halo players out there?
I may finally pick up an Xbox at the end of April when the Xbox Elite is released.
Regards,
][avok

Mika

Post#23 » Fri Mar 30, 2007 11:43 am

Are we talking about Civ2 gold or Civ4 now?
I have them both... just need to know.
Oderint dum metuant.

hennef

Post#24 » Fri Mar 30, 2007 2:50 pm

i have civ4 installed. do not know if it still runs, because i tend to be rather harsh on my registry and stuff. "cleaning" it manually from time to time. maybe i will find some civ2 around there too...
have fun!

hennef

robert

Post#25 » Fri Mar 30, 2007 3:46 pm

hennef wrote:i have civ4 installed. do not know if it still runs, because i tend to be rather harsh on my registry and stuff. "cleaning" it manually from time to time. maybe i will find some civ2 around there too...
I havnt played anby version yet, but hopefully I will have version 4 soon

robert

Post#26 » Sat Mar 31, 2007 8:16 am

Mika wrote:If you like to play something via email I can only recommend Combat Mission to you.

Combat Mission - From Barbarossa to Berlin (eastern front, WW2)
Combat Mission - Africa Corps (North and East Africa, Crete, Italy, Germans and Italians vs Commonwealth and Americans)

(short: CMBB and CMAK)

But trying Civ4 online... hmmm, sounds very tempting. Just a matter of time I think. I loved Civ2 (gold) and played it for years! Civ 3 was horrible but Civ 4 got back to the roots again and was much better. But it still has the cheating AI and I really hate that. It just sucks if your empire is three times bigger, you have more trade (money, science), more production but they are still ahead in science.

I'm still hoping for a Civ game that has a really good and NOT cheating AI.

But as said... CMBB and CMAK (I prefer CMAK) are good games, you can play it via TCP/IP or via email and it is semi RTS. That means you give your orders, your opponent gives orders and then both see a 1 minute movie file - the result of the orders in real time.

Just try it and feel free to ask the master himself ;)

Mika
Where do you buy combat mission? Is it a shop game or do you hbuy it online?

robert

Post#27 » Sat Mar 31, 2007 8:18 am

Havok wrote:While I was down an out last weekend I put the expansion for Civ 4 in (Warlords) and played that for about 6 hours. If you haven't played Civ 4 yet, you should consider giving it a try.

I'd like to try it online against someone or a group at some point. There's also a Play By Email option too.
Havok:
Im off shopping today to buy Civ4. If I play against somebody online do I need Warlords?

Mika

Post#28 » Sat Mar 31, 2007 8:40 am

robert wrote:Where do you buy combat mission? Is it a shop game or do you hbuy it online?
AFAIK you can buy it at the stores too. But it is at least over one year old now so maybe most stores don't have it anymore. You could try amazon or something...

about CIV
the basic version is multiplayer capable. But I don't know if there are other things that are not compatible (except the thing that you won't be able to play warlord scenarios without that add-on)

Mika
Oderint dum metuant.

robert

Post#29 » Sat Mar 31, 2007 10:02 am

Mika wrote:
robert wrote:Where do you buy combat mission? Is it a shop game or do you hbuy it online?
AFAIK you can buy it at the stores too. But it is at least over one year old now so maybe most stores don't have it anymore. You could try amazon or something...

about CIV
the basic version is multiplayer capable. But I don't know if there are other things that are not compatible (except the thing that you won't be able to play warlord scenarios without that add-on)

Mika
OK its 2.59 im off shopping. Thanks for the advice

hennef

Post#30 » Sat Mar 31, 2007 7:25 pm

did not manage anything above getting beer today. well. i will look for my civ4 tomorrow ;)
have fun!

hennef

Return to “Technology & Games”